• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K.O. Fighting Game Festival | Kuwait fighting game tournament | February 7-9

xCobalt

Justin's commentary can be pretty boring if hes commentating with someone he doesn't know personally. He tends to just say "He should have done..."

I feel like a moron but I didn't realize until just now that this tournament has no singles tourney for SF4, only teams. I remember seeing the numbers for 1st place and thought that was a hell of a lot of money for 1st place. Now I see that it's going to be split 3 ways. Still a lot, but not what I had originally thought. But this kind of sucks, I really wanted to see how guys like R would do. He and many of the other Japanese players that came to this have never traveled before unlike their Team MCZ counter parts. We see their online replays quite a lot, but it would have been more interesting to see how they fare in a live tournament setting under American rules.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Time for Justin to take this.

ibqGedoBft3yG2.gif

These guys are actually good commentators. It's funny hearing them saying stuff we are use to hearing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't like that they're commentating in english. The best part about these foreign streams are dudes screaming in a language I'll never understand.

Dahbomb

Why in the world is Xian running Plasma Beam on a Morrigan team?
Because he was up against a Wolverine team and Plasma beam provides better protection against Wolverine offense than missiles.

Justin has it in the bag. He's gonna snap in whatever dark character Tokido has in the back and open his ass up. And he will do it for AMERICA!

What was the last tournament Justin won in Marvel? Feels like it has been a long time. And he had to run half way around the world to do it.

Dahbomb

In terms of majors he hasn't won since pre-EVO 2012. He has probably won some smaller tournament since then though.

That top 3 was basically the 3 best players there and it finished exactly as it should've. No surprise there especially since Tokido adapted to Xian on the runback.

America's game is still America's game. Japan, Australia, Kuwait, France, Canada, UK... fuck it you can hold a Marvel tournament in Antarctica and some American would win it there as well.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
U.S top players really are on another level to the whole world when it comes to Marvel. Very very impressive.

Dahbomb

Actually there was one instance where an American didn't win a Marvel tournament outside the states and that was in Brazil where Combofiend went only. If Justin went there he would've probably won but Brazil does have talent there and so do Chilean players.

Top Bottom