• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K.O. Fighting Game Festival | Kuwait fighting game tournament | February 7-9

Busaiku

Kichijoji Ken definitely made that way closer than it needed to be.
He went for those throws too often when it was clear Ryan caught on.

kirblar

Kichijoji Ken definitely made that way closer than it needed to be.
He went for those throws too often when it was clear Ryan caught on.
The problem was that he couldn't throw fireballs in many situations where he normally would once Ryan showed he could reaction-punish with the Ultra.

Dahbomb

I know that's probably true, but what happened that made you say that? I took my eye off the stream for a few minutes...
It's probably just teams and the whole 1 match = win format but the top Japanese players were looking mighty rusty. Tokido was dropping combos and his set ups weren't as crisp as Infiltration. The motivation just doesn't seem to be there, I guess they will gear up again for EVO but right now Infiltration is sitting too comfortable at the top.

kirblar

It's probably just teams and the whole 1 match = win format but the top Japanese players were looking mighty rusty. Tokido was dropping combos and his set ups weren't as crisp as Infiltration. The motivation just doesn't seem to be there, I guess they will gear up again for EVO but right now Infiltration is sitting too comfortable at the top.
One of the reasons SFxT 2013 is going over so well is that people are kinda bored with SF/Marvel atm.

Kikujiro

It's the format, I mean losing a game and you're done, you have to be perfect and sometime it just doesn't happen, especially if your opponent is a high level player too. It's not like team Madcatz dominates in Japan in this kind of tournaments, they usually lose.

Ah ok. It's worth noting they're playing on PS3 right now too.

Mago so clutch!

Top Bottom