• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

Some games do have it some don't. Can't really begin to comprehend Valve's rhyme or reason.

Like Mercenary Kings is Steam approved already, but Giana Sisters is on Greenlight. Hell, Cloudberry Kingdom has a Steam beta that started before the project was even funded.

If you have connections to Valve, whether it's personal or business, you'll have a much easier time getting your game on Steam, at least that's what I heard from a developer.

Fireblend

Banned
Pledged to Planetary Annihilation. Looks neat! Third KS I support (Double Fine Adventure and Giana Project being the others), not to mention my pledge to the Fangamer reprints, and I'm already worrying about how addicting this is becoming...

Downloaded FTL last night, messed around it for about 15 minutes, pretty simple gameplay and design. This is going to be a pretty good way to spend a extra half hour here and there.

Zeenbor

Can you guys can add "Football Heroes" to the OP? I didn't know there was a specific thread dedicated to Kickstarter.

Poster_Design.jpg

d5d8d4f26f68ed92b44ad5c14df71282_large.png

690909f1c3da7f21398ec8e24a9f7a4a_large.png

Some info:

Plaforms: iOS, Android
Genre: Football + Beat 'em Up + RPG
Elevator Pitch: "Tecmo Bowl meets NBA Jam meets Call of Duty" for Mobile Devices
Kickstarter Goal: $12,000
Kickstarter Page

Features:

- Classic Arcade Football
- 60 FPS Gameplay
- Intuitive touchscreen controls
- Perks and Leveling ala Call of Duty
- Complete Team Customization (Colors, Logos on Helmets, Player Names)
- Multiplayer (Online, Wi-Fi)

From the Kickstarter page:

Football Heroes is an independently-developed, hard-hitting, fast-paced arcade football game for mobile devices (iOS and Android), reminiscent of classic sports games like Tecmo Bowl and NBA Jam.

In Football Heroes you are tasked with building the ultimate football team. Then you take them online to battle your friends and foes or play head-to-head over Wi-Fi. For single player, there’s “Division Play”, where you battle against AI to conquer each division.

No matter how you play, your players will gain XP every time they do something awesome with our RPG leveling system. Run for five yards? Catch a pass? Knock a player out with an uppercut? Score the winning touchdown? Your players will gain XP and eventually level up. When your players level up, their base abilities increase and unlock powerful new moves like: Spinning Fists, Ground Pounds, Flaming Passes, Speed Boost, Lock-On Tackles, Oil Slicks and many, many more.

Football Heroes also features a robust fighting engine, with standard punch and kick attacks supplemented with powerful moves and special abilities that counter each other in interesting ways, adding tons of replayability and strategy.

Screenshots:

0bdcd112e2a584212a437b1dfeaed4d4_large.png

1e00ff800839aad822eb03fb1bc4d2ec_large.png

and some GAF-exclusive screenshots for ya:

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

Alright, some new updated added to post 1198

Added....

-- Broken Sword $1Million stretch goal: Beneath a Steel Sky 2 (stretch goal not met yet)
- Pixel Perfect: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (25 year anniversary book) (Ends Oct 2nd | Thread ) Ongoing.
- Homestuck Adventure Game (Ends Oct 4th | Thread ) Funding Met. Ongoing.
- The Directorate (Ends Oct 5th | Thread ) Ongoing.
- Sensible Software 1986–1999 by Read-Only Memory (Ends Oct 6th | Thread ) Ongoing.
- Pro Pinball®: Revived & Remastered (Ends Oct 8th | Thread ) Ongoing.
- Football Heroes (Ends Oct 12th | Thread ) Ongoing.

Recently funded:

- Resurrect ADOM development ($90,169)
- Project Giana ($186,159 | Thread )
- Oculus Rift: Step Into the Game ($2,437,430 | Thread)

ending soon:

- CHEETAHMEN II : THE LOST LEVELS (Ends Sep 6st|Thread) - This one already hit its funding goal and will end in a few hours.
- Evilot (Ends Sep 7th) Ditto.
- Drunk Quest (Ends Sep 7th | Thread) Funding met and ends tomorrow.
- Insurgency 2 (Ends Sep 8th) - Still has half its funding to go. Ends in 34 hours.
- Jetpack 2 (Ends Sep 8th | Thread) - has met its funding goal.
- Forge (Ends Sep 8th) Still needs $226K in two days. Not looking too good for this one.
- SolForge Digital Trading Card Game (Ends Sep 10th|Thread) Needs only $20k to hit its goal. This one will make it.

something I realised today:

I didn't get my Xenonauts Desura key :/ don't know what to do right now.

edit: oh, wrote them and they resent my key almost immediately. fantastic support.

gabbo

Those guys are so awesome, too bad they didn't make it to any of the extended goals, but they really didn't lobby for it one bit.

If the email I got from the kickstarter is any indication, they've been hard at work on the game this whole time since it's set for release in December.

zkylon

zkylewd
If the email I got from the kickstarter is any indication, they've been hard at work on the game this whole time since it's set for release in December.
No doubt. They've just been pretty different from most Kickstarters, with few updates, interviews or whatever, and when they've done some it's always been pretty cryptic and weird, which is entirely in their style but probably doesn't result as much money as doing the traditional KS method would.

I think they're better off not doing any lobbying, these guys love their games do the talking anyways.

gabbo

No doubt. They've just been pretty different from most Kickstarters, with few updates, interviews or whatever, and when they've done some it's always been pretty cryptic and weird, which is entirely in their style but probably doesn't result as much money as doing the traditional KS method would.

I think they're better off not doing any lobbying, these guys love their games do the talking anyways.

True, very true. Perhaps if they do another down the line, they'll take a different approach and we'll get to see the cogs turning.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish they did a Kickstarter for an official translation for Pathologic. You buy the Kickstarter and you get Pathologic, but if you already have it, you can still install the new translation for free.

gabbo

I really wish they did a Kickstarter for an official translation for Pathologic. You buy the Kickstarter and you get Pathologic, but if you already have it, you can still install the new translation for free.

The fan translation would be so butthurt/happy at that.

Karak

UPDATE
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1170969302/afterearth-the-fall-rpg-create-and-modify-with-us

Writeup about it: http://www.therpginformer.com/2012/09/13/afterearth-the-fall-a-fantasy-and-post-apocalyptic-rpg-you-can-contribute-to-before-printing/

Well, thanks to a very flexible publisher we got a coilbound version of the book with exclusive cover art at a pretty good pledge level. Especially considering its going to be a massive book or 2 large books.

One of the complaints we received is that even though we have a documented amount of work with an actual product at the end of the Kickstarter rainbow we didn't have a book cheap enough on the levels people wanted. Hopefully that, along with the 15 or 20 other new rewards at various levels. Get's us started.

Also guys, if you have questions, comments, or just hate it I would love to know. Seriously. If something seems off, or something you would like I will be glad to take it to the team. We have done so already with the coil-bound books, posters, and framed art from the project. I can try to push anything.

Thanks.

Original blurb:
Firstly I wanted to thank Neogaf personally as a ton of people in the PnP thread have helped me with various questions and so forth concerning if I should do this. Hearing that much positive feedback to the secret screenings of the game and rules really pushed me over the edge. I thought I was crazy opening the book to pledge created content but it just felt right.

AfterEarth: The Fall
Deadline October 16th
Goal 35,000
Link

banner-1000x484-20120903.jpg

AfterEarth is a game of what if scenarios. What if the world almost came to an end, if the fabric of reality ripped apart and realities merged? How would man go on; how would those that arrived continue to live? What if creatures, places, and things from other realities merged with our own? Hundreds of years later, how would those who remain cope, cooperate and conflict with one another?
FYI this is a pen and paper RPG but I am assuming all of gaming is included in this thread. We are looking for play-testers as well. Feel free to PM me.

More new updates added to post 1198

Added:

- AfterEarth: The Fall. RPG - Create and Modify with us! (Ends Oct 17th) Ongoing.
- Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Ends Oct 16th | Thread ) Ongoing.

Successfully Funded:

- Planetary Annihilation - A Next Generation RTS ($2,228,344| Thread)
- SolForge Digital Trading Card Game ($429,715|Thread)
- Fangamer Retrowear ($196,604| Thread)
- Mercenary Kings ($116,064 | Thread)
- Drunk Quest ($96,024| Thread)
- CHEETAHMEN II : THE LOST LEVELS ($94,270|Thread)
- Expeditions: Conquistador ($77,247)
- Knock-knock ($41,022)
- Jetpack 2 ($13,937 | Thread)
- Evilot ($11,004)

Projects that didn't make it: ( post 1199):

- Insurgency 2 (Ends Sep 8th)
- Forge (Ends Sep 8th)
- Wings: Director's Cut (Ends Sep 11th | Thread)

Karak

Wow. Lots of big kickstarter in the last day or so. Makes me feel like small fries.

Some good news for our AfterEarth: The Fall. I got invited to do some online magazines and RPG blogs due to a couple professionals spreading the word about it. Very excited.

Got mentioned at Colony of Gamers! Awesome.

Aselith

Ravaged is up for pre-order on Steam. I'm honestly confused as to why some KS games go on Greenlight now. Maybe Ravaged knew someone.

It really just depends. Some stuff can get published through normal Steam channels. Looks like in the case of Ravaged they used a company that already had games up on Steam as a copublisher to get a foot in the door as it's easier to get added if you have a prior relationship with Valve.

Everything else goes to Greenlight.

Philia

Sealark looks fantastic! I cannot believe you can get this digitally just for 10 bucks. That's just awesome. I sure love harvest moon, earthbound and lots of fishing! :D

Karak

I just wanted to offer a sincere thanks here! I love that Kickstarter shows you where people came from to donate and Neogaffers have been awesome!

Thanks all.

Sentenza

Good to see it's still alive and er, uh, kicking. Haven't seen much from them since these videos were released and blew the collective mind of the internet
Sadly, they will never turn that project in an actual game with the way they are handling it.
They are aiming too high, pointing in a direction very few are interested in right now (sandbox MMO) and making very little efforts to match their vision.
Scaling down those ambitions and releasing something more manageable, like a X-Wing/Freespace clone capable of both space and atmospheric flight (and battles), would be a much smarter approach.

Karak

Sadly, they will never turn that project in an actual game with the way they are handling it.
They are aiming too high, pointing in a direction very few are interested in right now (sandbox MMO) and making very little efforts to match their vision.
Scaling down those ambitions and releasing something more manageable, like a X-Wing/Freespace clone capable of both space and atmospheric flight (and battles), would be a much smarter approach.

That is sad. It looks amazing but I don't think it would be a good MMO. But it would be a great Elite game.

Sentenza

This is strange, but I guess it deserves at least to be reported...

From RPG Watch:
Charles writes in to inform us of a petition for kickstarting the creation of the spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor. You can sign up for the petition implying that you would either pledge $200 or think you can convince your friends to pledge $200 in total.

Over the past year, I've received several e-mails about whether I might Kickstart a sequel or a remake to the award-winning hit role-playing game, "Betrayal at Krondor." Over the years, it's still the game I am the most contacted about, and the title which seems to have been the most beloved by fans.

Following the release of Betrayal at Krondor, John and I had designed an unreleaesd sequel to BAK called "Thief of Dreams". Due to some unfortunate politics between the upper management of Dynamix and our parent company Sierra Online, it never was placed into production, a mistake they later regretted bitterly. "Betrayal at Krondor" became one of the highest grossing games ever produced by Dynamix, and won numerous best RPG of the year awards.

Earlier this year I chatted both with John Cutter, the original producer and my co-designer, and of course Raymond E. Feist who owns the universe in which Krondor was set. Unfortunately Midkemia is tied up for the foreseeable future, but there's really nothing that prevents us from creating another Krondor-like game with the same great gameplay, the same great storytelling, and with the same creative team behind the original. Imagine BAK now with better graphics, a fully orchestrated score, a next-generation puzzle system, and lots of cool enhancements to the original combat system. Would that be a game you'd like to see? Are you willing to go in to help us make it happen?

Today we're asking all of you to throw down and show your love for BAK. Help us gather at least 5,000 signatures of fans who will pledge to either give $200 apiece, or raise $200 from among their friends, to go towards the production costs of a "spiritual" sequel to Krondor. There is no money obligation right now. All we want is proof that there are enough die-hard fans out there who really want this game. If you can meet that goal, we will initiate a Kickstarter drive to make it happen. Right now, it's all up to you.

Link to the actual petition (in case you are interested).

I'm not sure why he feels the urge to make a petition asking for a lot of money out of any single signature (and without any actual obligation, too) instead of going directly with the actual Kickstarter.

Sentenza

Betrayal at Krondor was excellent by the way.
Yes, it was, but this initiative hardly makes any sense.

"We are going to make a petition on an obscure website, asking a shitload out of every single supporter, with virtually zero press coverage, minimizing in this way almost to zero the number of people willing to care about this.
And that's just to be sure there is enough interest in the game (because receiving hundreds of mails by nostalgic fans wasn't telling enough) to start a Kickstarter campaign that we could have done in the first place".

The Kickstarter for Guts of Glory, the board game by Bit Pilot and SpellTower designer Zach Gage ends tomorrow morning: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630646578/guts-of-glory-the-boardgame. $45,000 stretch goal are some cards designed by comic artists, a few of who I really like. So, yes, I want that to happen. Very close.

I already pledged at the $25 level shortly after it started but would have liked to go higher for that framed artwork. Oh well, looking forward to having the game and playing it. It'd be cool if, at some point, he turned it into a multiplayer iOS game.

Zia

I already pledged at the $25 level shortly after it started but would have liked to go higher for that framed artwork. Oh well, looking forward to having the game and playing it. It'd be cool if, at some point, he turned it into a multiplayer iOS game.

Yeah, he really digs asynchronous card games, so I'd say there's a chance. But he still needs to finish Scoundrel, goddammit. (I think his work on Ridiculous Fishing is done).

Doesn't look like we're hitting the guest artist stretch goal with two hours left and $5,000 needed. Oh well, the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play.

New updates to post 1198

Added:

- Sword of Fargoal 2: Classic Dungeon-Crawler Adventure (Ends Oct 13th) Ongoing
- Sealark, an Oceanic Adventure Game (Ends Oct 14th) Funding Met. Ongoing
- Blackspace - Plan. Dig. Defend. Survive. (Ends Oct 18th | Thread) Ongoing.
- Doug TenNapel Sketchbook Archives (Includes game art) (Ends Oct 21st) Funding Met. Ongoing.
- Gamemaster Howard's Know-It-All (Ends Oct 28th | Thread) Ongoing.
- M.O.R.E. - old school turn-based 4X space strategy game. (Ends Oct 28th | Thread) Ongoing.
- Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken (Ends Oct 28th) Ongoing.
- Mushrom Men: Truffle Trouble (Gambitious URL) (Ends Oct 31st | Thread) Ongoing.

Successfully Funded:

- Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure ($771,560 | Thread ) -This one did not reach it's one million dollar stretch goal, but I have a feeling Steel Sky 2 is still being considered for development.
- Pinball Arcade: Star Trek The Next Generation ($52,137 | Thread)

Projects that didn't make it (see post 1199):

- David Crane's Jungle Adventure (Ends Sep 15th) Unsuccessful.
- Armada Online (Ends Sep 23rd | Thread ) Funding Cancelled.
- Dread (Ends Sep 30th) cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom