• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KZ3 MP Beta is available on Indian PlayStation Store for FREE

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haha, thanks Sony India. Now to see if they fixed the horrid contr--

bishoptl said:
Only the bad and evil people.

Yes, because 99% of the potential playerbase is "bad" players. *rolls eyes all the while*

Face it, the "heavy" controls for Killzone 2 sucked. The lag made aiming TERRIBLE. It felt like a PC gamer suddenly switched to FPS on consoles. There was no way to win the battle with the controls.

"Oh, that dude over there. *swivel swivel* WAIT I SAID NOT THAT MUCH! *swivel swivel, dude notices you. MELEE MELEE*"

"...Fuck this shit. *goes to play a more responsive game*"

Honestly, if they made the game into Kill of Zone 3: Modern Warfare the game can only marginally improve. Really, though, the only thing they needed to do was fix the horrid controls. Aiming/getting a bead on a person I saw was my biggest issue with KZ2. They can keep the "slow"/"heavy" feeling but if I can't move the cursor onto a person in time, your controls suck. :/

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheSeks said:
Aiming/getting a bead on a person I saw was my biggest issue with KZ2. They can keep the "slow"/"heavy" feeling but if I can't move the cursor onto a person in time, your controls suck. :/

Don't forget to set sensivity high because it's still heavy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God! I KINDA liked the controls at start but now that I changed the controls so that I'm aiming with L1 instead of R3, I'm loving this A LOT more!

kitch9 said:
In what way? I struggled to play at as my brain is still in COD BO mode, and I need to to train my brain to play it. It couldn't feel anymore different to COD imo...

Health and controls. It's more about reactions and who sees whom first now rather than skill or strategy.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just checked the Indian PSN Store and I can confirm it's gone.
I downloaded it earlier, so I'm not just confused. :)

micster

bandresen said:
Just checked the Indian PSN Store and I can confirm it's gone.
I downloaded it earlier, so I'm not just confused. :)
Hnng. I must've been just minutes late. Anyone want to PM the fake account they made so some of us can get it?

nib95

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Health and controls. It's more about reactions and who sees whom first now rather than skill or strategy.

Hasn't really changed much from KZ2 tbh. What you describe above was near enough just as much the same case, perhaps not to the same degree but enough that who saw who first still mattered. Perhaps as it should be if you ask me. Point is to learn maps, choke points and so forth so you don't get caught off guard or know where to expect attack. Same as any shooter really. But in KZ3, whoever goes for the headshot still kills a second or so faster, and that still makes all the difference.

The reason it's hard to judge kill times in the beta is because of the recon glitch. People are shooting before even seeing someone, that's why deaths feel too fast.

.nimrod

Gah, it's really gone? I just finished making the account :(

It would be awesome if someone would lend me their account to download it.

Prime crotch said:
The beta's on the ps+ section, it's not gone
It's probably there to who already downloaded it. But it's not there for me :/

If someone doesn't mind sharing they're fake account (common, you probably never gonna use it again :p) I'd appreciate it.

vazel

Banned
Downloaded mine. This is one of the reasons I always have GAF open in a tab. Also got lucky with the free Fable 2 glitch a few weeks ago.

nib95 said:
Hasn't really changed much from KZ2 tbh. What you describe above was near enough just as much the same case, perhaps not to the same degree but enough that who saw who first still mattered. Perhaps as it should be if you ask me. Point is to learn maps, choke points and so forth so you don't get caught off guard or know where to expect attack. Same as any shooter really. But in KZ3, whoever goes for the headshot still kills a second or so faster, and that still makes all the difference.

The reason it's hard to judge kill times in the beta is because of the recon glitch. People are shooting before even seeing someone, that's why deaths feel too fast.

What's this recon glitch?

nib95

Banned
fortified_concept said:
What's this recon glitch?

Basically Tacticians can see people through walls lol. It's like an in-game wall hack. Being fixed before final release but imo they need to test the game fixed in beta.

Top Bottom