• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latino Review: Ant-Man will feature first MCU tie-ins to Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
spider-man-knights-015-tracer.jpg

Blows my mind every time when I think about how Peter is still struggling financially despite his genius IQ.

I'm wondering if Wright objected to adding Spidey references to Ant-Man. I'm definitely more hyped to see this film if this is true.

I can see the Yellowjacket suit being remade into the Iron Spider.

How is this even possible? Unless Wright had a time machine and know about the Sony deal...

XAL

An Oscorp name drop at best for an in-film reference. Post credits cameo at best for a physical appearance.

The latter is a huge stretch. They've only finished casting Spider-Man very recently.

Impossible Spider-Man rewrites were the reason Edgar Wright left, the hope of Spider-Man joining the MCU wasn't even a glimmer in Feige's eye at the time Wright exited.

I'm chalking this up to more Latino Review bullhockey.

Quick

Banned
Because it's such an inconsequential thing? A couple little Easter eggs related to a different movie and that gets you hyped?

Sure. Why even step on someone like that.

Marvel's clearly done something right if they've appeased their fanbase enough to get them excited for something so small.

AM is the first Marvel movie that is going to actually bomb.

At least with Guardians you could see the appeal of a space opera, even being based on a lesser known franchise. Nothing I have seen thus far makes me want to see AM, and the director shit sure didn't help.

Yeah I feel the same way. Guardians actually looked fun and crazy right from the first trailer. This looks so.. run of the mill.

I'm a big Marvel/MCU fan and this is the first film I feel so meh about. I talked to my sister and she feels the same way. Yet EVERYTHING else I'm super stoked for. Even Jessica Jones who I know very little about (I know more about Ant-Man than her)

BokehKing

Banned
Really? That makes me sad if that's all it takes. Marvel's got people wrapped around their finger.

I wouldn't say people are wrapped around their fingers, I for one never had any interest in this movie at all until I read this, Ant Man was never cool to me, seeing teases of new spidey though? Even if just easter eggs, that's enough for me to give it a shot

The movie ends with a smash cut to a bunch of spiderwebs.

Or ant-man gets caught in some spiderwebs and makes a quip... and winks at the audience.

duckroll

I wouldn't say people are wrapped around their fingers, I for one never had any interest in this movie at all until I read this, Ant Man was never cool to me, seeing teases of new spidey though? Even if just easter eggs, that's enough for me to give it a shot

So you don't care about the actual movie, but you'll pay to watch it if there's a chance it has totally worthless references to another character you like? I would certainly say people are wrapped around their fingers if that's the case!

J10

Banned
I can't fuck with you if you're paying $10-15 for a ten second Spider-Man reference in a two hour movie you don't care about.

Vinci

Danish
Really? That makes me sad if that's all it takes. Marvel's got people wrapped around their finger.

Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character and their cinematic universe has had to go it without him for a decade now...

And you're surprised and dismayed that this excites people?

Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character and their cinematic universe has had to go it without him for a decade now...

And you're surprised and dismayed that this excites people?
We've already known for a long time that Marvel was going to bring Spider-Man into the MCU. That there will be a couple of perfunctory references towards his existence in a different movie really shouldn't be something that hypes that movie in question.

Yes, I'm now telling you what you should and should not be getting excited about. Deal with it.

Vinci

Danish
We've already known for a long time that Marvel was going to bring Spider-Man into the MCU. That there will be a couple of perfunctory references towards his existence in a different movie really shouldn't be something that hypes that movie in question.

Yes, I'm now telling you what you should and should not be getting excited about. Deal with it.

I'm not excited. That was the other guy. I simply find it silly that people gave him shit for it, especially on this forum where fandoms are varied and occasionally frightening.

I could certainly imagine how someone would be interested in seeing how Spider-Man's world and mythos is built into the existing MCU. I'm guessing it'll be clunky because Marvel's going to be like, "What the fuck - it's Spider-Man. Whatever is good enough."

And, FWIW, I couldn't give a damn what you think I should or should not be excited about.

Blader

I'm wondering if Wright objected to adding Spidey references to Ant-Man. I'm definitely more hyped to see this film if this is true.

I can see the Yellowjacket suit being remade into the Iron Spider.

I sincerely doubt that Wright departed an 8-year passion project over a namedrop for Oscorp here or Spider-Man there.

According to the most recent accounts, the major creative difference between Wright and Marvel was tone and that Wright's version was too irreverent. Wright's screenplay already had its share of MCU references and besides he left the film nearly a year ago, long before any deal for Spider-Man was finalized.

mreddie

I sincerely doubt that Wright departed an 8-year passion project over a namedrop for Oscorp here or Spider-Man there.

According to the most recent accounts, the major creative difference between Wright and Marvel was tone and that Wright's version was too irreverent. Wright's screenplay already had its share of MCU references and besides he left the film nearly a year ago, long before any deal for Spider-Man was finalized.

And the kicker, this was all before Guardians and after GOTG was a hit, Marvel tried to add all the Wright stuff back in.

DarkFlow

Banned
It underperformed compared to expectations. Expectations based on facts.

What facts? There was no guarantee this movie was going to beat the last one. There were assumptions, but no facts. Avengers 1 was like the perfect storm, no one had seen a superhero team up movie before that actually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom