• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

Perineum

One day fix for the hitching? Really good. First two games I played it wasn't "that bad", but holy hell did games 3-6 eat shit from it. Lost out on a lot of free kills because of it.

Had an AMAZING game where we were down 0-5 in Blitzball, and between my buddy and I we came back to 6-6 with one player down on our team all game. On top of that we took it into overtime, and stopped them from capping 3 separate times with clutch last second kick kills or head shots. Lost in the end, but I got a 9900 score that made me feel like a god damn God with Gunslinger.

I haven't even touched any others characters since beta and falling in love with Gunslinger. Class was made for me. <3

When this isn't stuttering like a kid in second grade giving his first public speech to a class, this is honestly the most fun MP shooter released this year so far.

Perineum

When this isn't stuttering like a kid in second grade giving his first public speech to a class, this is honestly the most fun MP shooter released this year so far.

Wait one day and prepare to Kreygasm all day.

When you play with friends it's even more awesome if you guys coordinate supers and call outs. Even solo it's just a fun and fast pick up game where you say "ok 1 more" and another hour is stolen away.

For all the shit people are talking and want to see this thing fail it's really just a try on your own for 5-10 games to be hooked. It's 100% booger sugar nose candy.

Wasn't too interested in this game most of the time, but the abysmal handling of Overwatch's balance made me want to play a good multiplayer FPS. Hoping it stays active for a long time.

Really like Gunslinger, a lot of skill to managing both of his guns and his warp shot, though I forget about the knife frequently.

Combat Medic is pretty great. Lots of potential for movement and getting airshots.

Wraith I'm not sure about, he's already played a ton and might get nerfed more? Not going to commit to that yet.

Assassin seems to have plenty of elements I like, but just doesn't feel good to play. I don't like her shotgun and I don't like my success being so dependent on the other players' aim when it comes to getting sword kills.

Just had a game where my entire team quit leaving just me with a full enemy team. I don't think it should continue at that stage or add a forefeit option.

Straight after that I end up in a losing match in progress. They really need to make it so join in progress doesn't count as a loss.

For all the shit people are talking and want to see this thing fail it's really just a try on your own for 5-10 games to be hooked. It's 100% booger sugar nose candy.
I don't want this game to fail. It just looks like it's going to fail.

Worse numbers than Battleborn.

Called it before launch when beta numbers were low, but I see this going F2P.

What's the average score people are getting per game?

I did awful my first game out of beta and still got an S+ rating, is that normal?

gKVRBw4.jpg
nvqv3EU.jpg

Good to hear positive feedback from you all, the big question is: is it worth my resubbing my PSN for?

How's the playerbase looking? Any numbers?

So that's what it is. You're obsessing over the numbers and shouting from the rooftops because you want the game for free.

This is one of those games where depending on what character someone is using, you may ore may not like the look of it. I kept watching people play the rocket class and it looked really boring to me. Switched streamers and they were using the "gun slinger" class and suddenly it clicked.

Humble brag? You went 40-9 man. On PS4 the top score is usually in the 6k-7k range.

Awful huh? Not so humble brag. I don't like you.

Sorry if it came across that way, I swear I honestly consider above 5 deaths terrible for me in any FPS game and I was getting 50+ kills each match back in Beta so 40 didn't seem up to par. I wasn't sure what the average K/D was but I guess I don't have to worry about it >.>

For real, sorry if I came across as a dick, I don't have anyone else to play with so I wasn't sure how most matches play out. If anyone else is on PC and wants to group up I'd love to.

Anybody understand why exclusive fullscreen isn't exclusive fullscreen? I had to swap to that because I was getting poor performance, and I'm still able to type this message on one monitor while the game's open and playing in the other.

Perineum

I'm fucking crazy man. I think Umbrella Corps is a damn fine game, and I spent 50+ hours on that.

As long as I can find games then the game is successful. To be honest Destiny 2 is a month out, and when that hits I probably won't be on LB for a hot minute or maybe even ever again. BUT---$30 for a month of fun is something I can get behind.

Drewfonse

Wait one day and prepare to Kreygasm all day.

When you play with friends it's even more awesome if you guys coordinate supers and call outs. Even solo it's just a fun and fast pick up game where you say "ok 1 more" and another hour is stolen away.

You ain't lyin'

Sorry if it came across that way, I swear I honestly consider above 5 deaths terrible for me in any FPS game and I was getting 50+ kills each match back in Beta so 40 didn't seem up to par. I wasn't sure what the average K/D was but I guess I don't have to worry about it >.>

For real, sorry if I came across as a dick, I don't have anyone else to play with so I wasn't sure how most matches play out. If anyone else is on PC and wants to group up I'd love to.

SHUT UP, HIGHLY SKILLED DICK!

Seriously, I may never have a game as good as that. You're good at Lawbreakers.

Played a bunch last night, although it was tough finding games on the OCE server after about 10pm. Switched over to the US West server and played a heap there also and found games one after the other and playing @190ms ping really didn't feel that bad, I still managed a couple of top 2 finishes but I'll put that down to luck as I was still trying to figure the game out most of the night and trying the different characters. The stuttering issue on PS4 is a real drag although not gamebreaking.

Overall, love pretty much everything about the game!

Edit: This is the perfect style of game that make great use of the paddles on the XB1 Elite controller....makes things soooo much easier for those shit at FPS' like myself!

Budi

I wonder why! Nah, just kidding it's all good =) But hell naw, I really don't want to group with someone who makes me feel so inadequate. We are in different leagues my friend =D I've seen few people do similar numbers that you did, but in my experience it's not really that common. Or I haven't paid that much attention and missed it.

By the way, earlier in this thread somebody said there was a tutorial and bots in the PS4 version. This is wrong, I checked. It's purely online matches at present.

well i know i didn't say bots. just said there was a sandbox mode under tutorial. the bots in there are just stationary though.

with that said.

whoa. Harrier. her melee can deel a bit of a short range shot lol.

E92 M3

What's the average score people are getting per game?

I did awful my first game out of beta and still got an S+ rating, is that normal?

Guys, my shitty 2017 Lamborghini got a scratch...is that normal?

I'm just kidding ;) Good job on the S+. Admittedly, they are on the rare side for me. With SBMM, I tend to fall into the S range.

--

On another note, I got a Boss skin for Wraith. So pretty happy about that.

hawk2025

Let's think through this:

What has to happen 40 times to other players for you to get this result?
How many times did other players get to do the same thing to you?

C'mon, do you really not see how mathematically impossible it is for a K/D above FOUR to be awful? :p

It's impossible for me to get a 5v5 right now. At the last second someone always leaves the lobby, leaving it 4v5 then on the warmup screen more people will quit. I don't know if it's connection issues or what, but it would be nice to play 5v5 and not 3v5 and 4v5.

Dubz

It's impossible for me to get a 5v5 right now. At the last second someone always leaves the lobby, leaving it 4v5 then on the warmup screen more people will quit. I don't know if it's connection issues or what, but it would be nice to play 5v5 and not 3v5 and 4v5.
PC or console?

Don't play coy. You knew what you were doing with your post. I've seen you post about other games, describing how you felt you were one of the best players in the entire community.

Here's one of your posts from the Garden Warfare community, as an example.

KatamariOnTheRocks said:
I play Garden Warfare 1 competitively with a group of local players similar to fighting game meetups. I regularly do the best and consider myself one of the best Garden Warfare players I've encountered. If you think you're somehow more qualified to speak about the game because you're worse at it than me then I don't see where you're coming from. I have more time, experience, and understanding of the game than you do so I don't see why your knee jerk criticisms should hold more weight than someone like myself that has actual reason to be listened to

You know that you're good at shooters, and you like telling everyone about it. If you want to post about having a good game, why not just be transparent? No one is going to call you out for saying something like 'just had a really good game' and posting a screenshot, but pretending you don't know how stats work and asking us to validate how great you are just seems a little crude.

Drewfonse

Don't play coy. You knew what you were doing with your post. I've seen you post about other games, describing how you felt you were one of the best players in the entire community.

You know that you're good at shooters, and you like telling everyone about it. If you want to post about having a good game, why not just be transparent? No one is going to call you out for saying something like 'just had a really good game' and posting a screenshot, but pretending you don't know how stats work and asking us to validate how great you are just seems a little crude.

He has been...exposed

DirtyLarry

Wow. I really hope this person is under 18 years old, as if not, just Wow. That's some shit if not.

Thanks for the kind words

I'd carry you guys any day :D

I never said I thought I wasn't good at games, I was wondering where I stood compared to people in an average game, that's it. I figured asking here was more indicative of how most people play than checking out streams of other people that also plays tons of fps games.

I genuinely think that was a bad game, I guess I have standards that are higher than I previously realized, that's not a slight against other people its me being too hard on myself. I would never have figured that out had I not asked the community which was why I wanted to get a feel for whats average in the first place.

I even elaborated on that by explaining that I don't like to have more than 5 deaths per game in any fps. I don't post because I want to brag about how good I am or else I could post any number of screenshots with crazy stats from any number of games I just wanted to get a feel for what happened because even I was surprised to get an S+ rating on my first game. That's not me bragging or else I'd immediately assume the reason I got an S+ is because I'm sooo good . My first thought was, maybe the ratings system needs some tuning because I was totally aware of why each of those deaths happened and they were cause of dumb mistakes.

The context surrounding that Garden Warfare post was about how the game had a speed nerf that slowed the movement of every single character in the game by 75%. My point was that I was more qualified to speak about the game as I clearly was good at it and understood how it worked.

If Lawbreakers suddenly reduced the movement speed of every single character by 75% across the board and people said that it had no impact on the game wouldn't it make sense that someone like myself would be capable of explaining why it's a bad thing?

Budi

In the light of this new info, I don't like him! What a rollercoaster of emotions.
It takes just a basic understanding of math and zero-sum to realize that 40-9 could in no way be average.
No time for math, it's time to play!

Top Bottom