• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Len Wiseman Directing Total Recall Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorr

Lorr said:
Meh. At least we'll always have the Verhoeven original.

These guys (especially Wimmer, fucking Underworld) make me wonder, how hard can it be to break into Hollywood? I should give it a try sometime.

By Underworld I meant Ultraviolet. I don't think I was ever so pissed after seeing a movie as I was with that one.

Expendable. said:
Colin Farrell On Deck With Michael Fassbender & Tom Hardy For ‘Total Recall’ Remake

farrellhardyfass.jpg

Please let it be Hardy or Fassbender!

Farrell would actually make a good Richter. All of his best roles (to me) come when he's playing basically, a capable asshole. Minority Report, Daredevil, Phone Booth...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is there nothing sacred anymore? Is there anything these god-damned bastard won't putrify with their touch? DAMN THEM! Keep them and their crayons away!

yacobod

Banned
bud said:
john mctiernan... come back. :(

look at (most of) his filmography:

- die hard
- die hard: wav
- predator
- the thomas crown affair
- the last action hero (haters stfu)
- the hunt for red october

someone deliver this man an awesome script dammit!

fixed bro, don't sully his name with that shit remake or sequal

I'm... actually kind of glad that he has got it. Live Free or Die hard atleast showed that he can put together a competent action movie while balancing a shitty script and studio interference. Whether he can actually do this justice or not I have no idea...

(but atleast Arnold won't be the leading man and someone with a decent acting range will get a go at it)

squicken

I have not seen Die Hard 4, Indy 4, or the animated Star Wars. You don't have to watch people. It can come and go just like every other piece of crap

Boombloxer said:
Farrell would actually make a good Richter. All of his best roles (to me) come when he's playing basically, a capable asshole. Minority Report, Daredevil, Phone Booth...
Add Tigerland to your list too. One of the most overlooked flicks ever, and one of Colin Farrel's best. Farrel plays a douchenozzle #1. Only thing is he's awesome too.

Busty

Banned
Collider has an interview with the producer of the Total Recall reboot who confirms some details, namely that Farrell is indeed starring in this. He also confirms a rumour that I had heard a while ago.....

It’s closer to the book, the big difference is we don’t go to space.

TOLDJA!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25079583&postcount=6

...I also asked him about the size and scope of Recall. He said “it’s bigger in scope” than Green Hornet and Battle: Los Angeles and when I asked him if it would be a tentpole movie he said, “oh yes, this is a big movie."

A Total Recall remake from the producer that brought you the Fast & Furious films, Stealth, Torque and, of course, The Bounty Hunter.

Uhhhh. Enjoy?

http://collider.com/neal-moritz-interview-total-recall/69048

Surprise, surprise. The director's wife is now circling the film.

Kate Beckinsale Offered 'Total Recall' Role

Kate Beckinsale has been offered one of the female lead roles alongside Colin Farrell in the Sony Pictures remake Total Recall. I'm told she's been offered to play Lori, who was portrayed in the 1990 Paul Verhoeven-directed actioner by Sharon Stone. In fact, that role really launched Stone's star after she transformed from the happy spouse of Douglas Quaid (Arnold Schwarzenegger) into someone completely different.

Both that role and the role of Melina (played in the original by Rachel Ticotin) has drawn high interest from actresses. I've heard that Eva Mendes and Rosario Dawson are the serious contenders for the latter role. Beckinsale wasn't among the names most often mentioned among actresses who read for Lori. But she certainly has a track record with the film's director, Len Wiseman. They're married, and before that, worked together on the Underworld films. Beckinsale, who just wrapped Contraband with Mark Wahlberg, is also attached to star in The Trials of Kate McCullough, to be directed by Karen Moncrieff. She is currently shooting Underworld 4: New Dawn, so we'll have to wait a beat to see if she accepts. She's repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Kate-Beckinsale-17.JPG

JoeBoy101

Article said:
The new story ditches the Martian storyline and instead involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai, with Douglas Quaid (Farrell) a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy, although he doesn't know for which side.

Tommy-Lee-Jones-No-country-Old-Men.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
I don't get this. They're not re-adapting Philip K. Dick's original short story, but they're not necessarily remaking the original movie. So they're going to do some bastaridzation of the pair? Sounds like a failure waiting to happen.

A remake? What the fuck did it (the original) do wrong?!

But seriously, I'm watching this for my love of Colin Farrell and Bryan Cranston. But god damn what a terrible choice for a director. And verhoeven films should never be remade. I'm glad Aronofksy's Robocop was scrapped.

In the magazine, Farrell says “the tone will be much less jokey” than Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s 1990′s sci-fi hit. He says, “there’s not as much tongue-in-cheek” and that he wouldn’t feel comfortable delivering lines like ‘Consider dat a divorce!’” We know “the new story involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai, with Douglas Quaid (Farrell) a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy, although he doesn’t know for which side.” Cranston plays Vilos Cohaagen, “the leader of Euromerica who, under the cover of protecting his people, is secretly readying an invasion of New Shanghai.”

Seriously, just make a new fucking movie, that's obviously what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom