• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Len Wiseman Directing Total Recall Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collin Ferrel seems like a nice guy but he was kind of a bad actor before he was overblown, put into too many movies, then disappeared for awhile from the burnout. I wonder who they think will go see this. If the original is shown on cable a week before hand, this movie is dead.

BobTheFork said:
Collin Ferrel seems like a nice guy but he was kind of a bad actor before he was overblown, put into too many movies, then disappeared for awhile from the burnout. I wonder who they think will go see this. If the original is shown on cable a week before hand, this movie is dead.

Considering he was in New World, Miami Vice and In Bruges in the span of a few years (all 3 some of my favorites of the last decade) it redeemed him big time for me.

And I think you're overestimating the audiences of today. They probably don't see Verhoeven films as the 80s masterpieces they are. A lolgritty remake would probably be seen as an improvement.

G-Fex

Count Dookkake said:
lol, but you know what?

That might actually make for a decent movie.

better than douchey Colin Farrel.

fuck you Colin, Verhoven was genius at that movie and it's tone.

RS4-

Ugh, friend having dinner with Beckinsale and a few others from the movie tomorrow since they're filming at her work place.

I need to see Beckinsale!

Nizz

RS4- said:
Ugh, friend having dinner with Beckinsale and a few others from the movie tomorrow since they're filming at her work place.

I need to see Beckinsale!
Get your ass to...... dinner?

God, I still can't believe this is happening. Not surprising Kate Beckinsale's in this because of who's directing. What I can't believe is she's filming Underworld 4?

And having just read up on this, no Mars? WTF? At least I'll always have the original to watch. I'd have rather seen the money being used on this to spruce up the og Total Recall with updated effects.

SpacLock

J. M. Romeo said:
Looks like an alternate version of Minority Report.

I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

And what's funny is that Minority Report was originally written as a sequel to Total Recall. Maybe now they can connect them in some weird ass way.

SpacLock said:
And what's funny is that Minority Report was originally written as a sequel to Total Recall. Maybe now they can connect them in some weird ass way.

Yeah, that was part of it. I am in love with pretty much every Dick story and book but they somehow appear to be unfilmable. At least without taking some very serious liberties. A Scanner Darkly felt oddly faithful, in a way, even though they mix and matched a few things.

heheheh he said he's in love with every dick heheheh

I'll probably watch it anyway. Worst case scenario, I'll be buying my right to bitch with the ticket money.

In the magazine, Farrell says “the tone will be much less jokey” than Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s 1990′s sci-fi hit. He says, “there’s not as much tongue-in-cheek” and that he wouldn’t feel comfortable delivering lines like ‘Consider dat a divorce!’” We know “the new story involves nation states Euromerica and New Shanghai, with Douglas Quaid (Farrell) a factory worker in the latter who begins to believe he is a spy, although he doesn’t know for which side.” Cranston plays Vilos Cohaagen, “the leader of Euromerica who, under the cover of protecting his people, is secretly readying an invasion of New Shanghai.”

So the movie doesn't even take place on Mars? Seriously..

picard-wtf.jpg

Blader

Discotheque said:
A remake? What the fuck did it (the original) do wrong?!

But seriously, I'm watching this for my love of Colin Farrell and Bryan Cranston. But god damn what a terrible choice for a director. And verhoeven films should never be remade. I'm glad Aronofksy's Robocop was scrapped.

The Robocop remake is still being made, just not with Aronofsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom