• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
image.php

My boifu

wat

scarlet

My bf is super patience, somehow it makes me punishing and torturing him to see his limit x)

I'm a bad person

Alrus

I just found out I have to TA Medical Neuroscience someone save me ;_;

Heh I have a neuroscience class next semester, I completely failed that class last year, I'm terrified. Neuroanatomy is hard as fuck (I have trouble studying anatomy in general...)

Spree

I saw the old thread locked in my subs; thought something bad had happened.

Anyways, congrats on the new thread :)

lol you guys are too much :p

I go to sleep for a few hours and I wake up to find a new thread : pages long haha.

Hooray for my first new thread!

Bailey 87

YAY new thread. Maybe I'll actually post in this one... Nah lurking is more fun :p

I might as well get the talking points out the way.

Twinks>>>>>Bears
Smooth>>>>Beards
Uncut>>>>>Cut
No Tipping>>>>>Tipping

Bow to my flawless tastes

Here is a pic of me and my baby, holding a baby :p
it's not our baby

YAY new thread. Maybe I'll actually post in this one... Nah lurking is more fun :p

Twinks>>>>>Bears
Smooth>>>>Beards
Uncut>>>>>Cut
No Tipping>>>>>Tipping

Agreed except what is tipping? I'm innocent.
I think...

Mr_Zombie

Agreed except what is tipping? I'm innocent.
I think...

I think it's about tipping a waiter in a restaurant (a very hot topic on GAF; if you notice a thread about tipping, it sure will be at least several pages long); nothing sex-related
(unless the waiter is hot)
. :p

Alrus

Tipping and circumcision are some of the most heated topics on gaf for some reason. Tries to participate in a cut/uncut debate once, never again.

Spree

PD must of had a bigger gay following than I realized.

And yes. But than I once saw someone try to ship digby/pigby. It was weird.

Yep, I loved that show.

Chuck was weird (maybe it was her acting, not sure), but I got used to her.

I agree with bsej, I loved all the characters, but especially Chi McBride as Emerson.

Delio

Twinks>>>>>Bears
Smooth>>>>Beards
Uncut>>>>>Cut
No Tipping>>>>>Tipping

Oh could somebody do me a favour and downscale this picture so I can use it for RPJ. My photoshop skills are abysmal.

Our tastes almost completely align. Flawless.

Kater

Banned
Here's a question,
Do y'all have any Youtubers that you like or find attractive?
I'm always looking for new channels to sub to.
AlChestBreach. Love a guy with good humor and he likes cats. Best person on YT.
His real face is on 'Billtcm', also on Youtube.

... still don't know what tipping is.

Tried urban dictionary and there was multiple definitions.

Somebody fill me in! (No innuendo intended)

Fine. What do you think is the best off of her album?
All too well is the best ♥
(Though I'm a sucker for ballads/sad/breakup songs).
We are never ever getting back together is also amazing but totally opposite, I can understand some people not liking it, though. It's just silly fun.

mantidor

Is English your first language? not trying to be mean, just curious in case you are getting confused by the different meanings of "tip" in English.

Anyway, tipping is giving extra money to someone for their services, usually is for waiters but can be anyone, even the guy who does your hair. The topic is hugely controversial here in GAF for reasons beyond anyone's comprehension.

All too well is the best ♥
(Though I'm a sucker for ballads/sad/breakup songs).
We are never ever getting back together is also amazing but totally opposite, I can understand some people not liking it, though. It's just silly fun.
I'm not a huge fan of T-Swift and I can admit that Never Ever Getting Back Together and Trouble are two incredibly fun and catchy songs.

Mr_Zombie

When you're having a meal at a restaurant in some countries you're supposed to pay not only for food, but also additionally pay for the service of being served by a waiter. In some countries (most European countries) it can be an arbitrary amount of money, in others (e.g. USA) it's a constant percentage issued by the restaurant itself (usually even included on the bill), e.g. 15%. Therefore instead of paying $10 for a meal you're paying $11.50. That $1.15 is taken either by the waiter that served you or is put to the tipping jar and later divided between all waiters.

The controversy is that while in some countries you can, but don't have to tip (it is considered as an additional money for the waiter that he/she receives as a bonus), in some countries (USA) you are required to tip (or rather it is seen as rude if you don't) because waiters have very low salaries and tips are part of those salaries; not to mention, no tips/low tips are equaled to bad service there.

Mr Zombie explained it already, it's when you tip your waiter at a restaurant. Get your mind out of the gutter :p

Is English your first language? not trying to be mean, just curious in case you are getting confused by the different meanings of "tip" in English.

Anyway, tipping is giving extra money to someone for their services, usually is for waiters but can be anyone, even the guy who does your hair. The topic is hugely controversial here in GAF for reasons beyond anyone's comprehension.

When you're having a meal at a restaurant in some countries you're supposed to pay not only for food, but also additionally pay for the service of being served by a waiter. In some countries (most European countries) it can be an arbitrary amount of money, in others (e.g. USA) it's a constant percentage issued by the restaurant itself (usually even included on the bill), e.g. 15%. Therefore instead of paying $10 for a meal you're paying $11.50. That $1.15 is taken either by the waiter that served you or is put to the tipping jar and later divided between all waiters.

The controversy is that while in some countries you can, but don't have to tip (it is considered as an additional money for the waiter that he/she receives as a bonus), in some countries (USA) you are required to tip (or rather it is seen as rude if you don't) because waiters have very low salaries and tips are part of those salaries; not to mention, no tips/low tips are equaled to bad service there.

..... this is so embarrassing.

I thought that Mr Zombie was joking originally. English is my first language, I absolutely know what tipping is....

I think I just presumed because of the nature of the list I quoted it would be referring to some kind of sexual activity.

Brb, I need to go die from embarrassment!! XD

Grizzo

..... this is so embarrassing.

I thought that Mr Zombie was joking originally. English is my first language, I absolutely know what tipping is....

I think I just presumed because of the nature of the list I quoted it would be referring to some kind of sexual activity.

Brb, I need to go die from embarrassment!! XD

Haha, I thought it was something sexually related too
(like dipping your glans somewhere or whatever)

Even though it's dumb from an economic perspective, I have to admit I do like tipping if only for adding a little positivity to the world. It must be gratifying to actually receive a little extra for good service.
I'm also a single, college-age dude so I suppose I'm expected to tip generously in the first place.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of everyday scenarios where only negative reactions are possible - for example, take an American commute. Cars have two modes of expression that don't involve the driver waving / flipping you off / etc: their horn, and headlights. Headlights are more a situational awareness thing when applied to other cars, and you can only use your horn to tell people they've done something wrong. Why not take a cue from bikes and add bells to automobiles? I mean, think about it. How pleasant would it be if, one day in your morning commute, you let a guy in your lane and he chimed back at you? And there's so many potential variations, just like with horns! Glockenspiels, vibrophones, orchstral chimes...

I for one would love to freak people out in a positive way by blasting tubular bells at them for driving right.

Sub-Zeroland also comes with free ponies and cotton candy.

Bailey 87

Y'all should adopt. And we can be his/her uncles (sun)

Lets hope Graham doesn't read this. He wants kids, I don't. He wants to get married, I don't. The relationship is going to get real bumpy when we turn 30 :p

I'm considering adoption, just so our kid has the cutest uncles ever (sun) (sun)

daripad

I don't really care about sports but YAY!!! (I guess?)

God does exist. When I was younger I used to be a huge fan of him cause I thought he was the most handsome football player ever. His teamd have always been average but I used to watch those games just to see him. Wow I'm strangely excited, dreas do come true haha

Morning gaygaf.

Yes I thought tipping was some weird sexual euphemism I'd never heard of. Considering everything else on his list was sex related, it's not hard to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom