• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
It's the best drug out of them all though. Well, after theobromine. and caffeine, anyway.

You have a new job? Congratulations! (And, cheers! :))
Yeah, very very temporary but will be nice to have some money for life essentials. This week and next I'll be there, then working part-time at my old orchard job during September and October.

Not best drug but it tastes the best (not counting coffee, etc). Best drug is probably LSD or something. Also I don't really care for Theobromine tbh, it's a crappy stimulant.

Noice. R u going to become a sommelier?
Something far more prosaic: bottler :p

Replicant

Just want to say what a hot couple (Lee Pace & Richard Armitage):

10475125_704510216312630_438919638_n.jpg

ikvY5MoJMQh4.gif

Kater

Banned
Cute pic Replicant!

I always crack up when I see these Now kiss gifs
Not best drug but it tastes the best (not counting coffee, etc). Best drug is probably LSD or something. Also I don't really care for Theobromine tbh, it's a crappy stimulant.

I have never actually tried LSD. Probably don't want to, don't think that would mix well with my already screwed up mind.
And how can you say no to a hot cuppa cocoa. :eek:

Yeah, very very temporary but will be nice to have some money for life essentials. This week and next I'll be there, then working part-time at my old orchard job during September and October.

Ah, nice. What's a bottler though?

I have never actually tried LSD. Probably don't want to, don't think that would mix well with my already screwed up mind.

I don't really do drugs at all anymore for Buddhisty reasons but I would probably try it again if I was camping out in the mountains with a lover or some really good friends or something. It would be too much fun to not disregard the moral guideline. I guess I also have the odd drink or two still, though, so I'm not really all that stringent anyways :p

It's not fun if you're not in the best mental state. I did it once when I was mildly sleep deprived and I proceeded to endlessly examine my life to find out why I was so unhappy. I was also kind of depressed at the time though so I think it just made me more susceptible to the gnawing discontentment. It's definitely not something that helps you escape your troubles.

Cocoa/Chocolate are good, just independent of Theobromine imo.

Sibylus

Banned
Still better than what I was doing recently (retail).
Eugh. Retail.

Cute pic Replicant!

I always crack up when I see these Now kiss gifs

Ah, nice. What's a bottler though?
Dump bottles onto conveyors, label boxes, pull bottles off of conveyors and put them into boxes, glue boxes, assemble boxes on palettes.

You could mistake it for an ordinary job, save the entire place faintly smelling of wine and being sent home with mislabeled (and thus unsaleable) bottles of the stuff at the end of your shift.

mantidor

Alcohol is a drug & responsible for a bazillion obnoxious drunken bar fights.

Oh I'm including alcohol in the drugs part :p

even then drunks are really, really bad fighters. Cocaine and extasis on the other hand make people more energetic and paranoid, you can tell when the guys are on crystal, their eyes are insane :( you add that to the sexually charged environment of a gay club and things can go awry. I don't think I'll ever try that stuff, specially in a club with strobing lights and loud music.

Eugh. Retail.

Yeah it's fun. Well actually the thing is I like people and I seem blessed by some kind of unnatural luck in terms of (not) encountering, or deflecting, assholes, I could probably almost enjoy it if it weren't so mindless. Like, the bad kind of mindless.

Dump bottles onto conveyors, label boxes, pull bottles off of conveyors and put them into boxes, glue boxes, assemble boxes on palettes.

You could mistake it for an ordinary job, save the entire place faintly smelling of wine and being sent home with mislabeled (and thus unsaleable) bottles of the stuff at the end of your shift.

Don't become an alcoholic.

Oh I'm including alcohol in the drugs part :p

even then drunks are really, really bad fighters. Cocaine and extasis on the other hand make people more energetic and paranoid, you can tell when the guys are on crystal, their eyes are insane :( you add that to the sexually charged environment of a gay club and things can go awry. I don't think I'll ever try that stuff, specially in a club with strobing lights and loud music.

I think people on coke or meth are super annoying. I don't even think they're fun drugs, either. If it's MDMA or something at least people are awkwardly nice and inappropriately empathetic.

Kater

Banned
I don't really do drugs at all anymore for Buddhisty reasons but I would probably try it again if I was camping out in the mountains with a lover or some really good friends or something. It would be too much fun to not disregard the moral guideline. I guess I also have the odd drink or two still, though, so I'm not really all that stringent anyways :p

It's not fun if you're not in the best mental state. I did it once when I was mildly sleep deprived and I proceeded to endlessly examine my life to find out why I was so unhappy. I was also kind of depressed at the time though so I think it just made me more susceptible to the gnawing discontentment. It's definitely not something that helps you escape your troubles.

Wait, are you a Buddhistic monk? Or is there another reason for you living (kinda) celibate?

Your experiences with LSD when you were sleep deprived sound pretty close to how I was like when I smoked some pot in June.

Oh, so basically a laborer job. I worked something like that for a month once but in a super market. Was too much for me for not enough money.

But yeah, the Pros obviously outweigh the Cons in your case. Free alcohol, yay! :D

Wait, are you a Buddhistic monk? Or is there another reason for you living (kinda) celibate?

Your experiences with LSD when you were sleep deprived sound pretty close to how I was like when I smoked some pot in June.

I'm not a monk, I want to be one though. Well actually half of the time it might be more accurate to say that I want to want to be a monk more than I actually do. I keep waiting for my meditation practice to stabilize and yield the kind of results where I won't constantly feel like I'm oscillating between 'worldliness' and the alternative in a really visceral way.

I feel the need to keep the precepts as a lay person, and the way I have the whole 'sexual misconduct' thing personally defined is I'm not going to sleep with someone unless I can see myself with them long-term. And there's no one like that in my life, so... :p

LSD would probably be worse. At least for me pot is 'thinkier' in a way, like it's fuzzy and you get very caught in your head. Paranoia can be really real, but even then there's a degree of 'fuzzed out' separation from it, which in some ways can be worse because it feels like your attention is split. LSD can be extremely cerebral, too, but psychedelics have a way of laying your emotions bare in a really uncomfortable way, like your body and everything is made of crystal. All of your senses become incredibly clear and you can feel your pericardium sink into your stomach like a lead weight and there's this inescapable feeling of 'this is who I am'.

Kater

Banned
I'm not a monk, I want to be one though. Well actually half of the time it might be more accurate to say that I want to want to be a monk more than I actually do. I keep waiting for my meditation practice to stabilize and yield the kind of results where I won't constantly feel like I'm oscillating between 'worldliness' and the alternative in a really visceral way.

I feel the need to keep the precepts as a lay person, and the way I have the whole 'sexual misconduct' thing personally defined is I'm not going to sleep with someone unless I can see myself with them long-term. And there's no one like that in my life, so... :p

LSD would probably be worse. At least for me pot is 'thinkier' in a way, like it's fuzzy and you get very caught in your head. Paranoia can be really real, but even then there's a degree of 'fuzzed out' separation from it, which in some ways can be worse because it feels like your attention is split. LSD can be extremely cerebral, too, but psychedelics have a way of laying your emotions bare in a really uncomfortable way, like your body and everything is made of crystal. All of your senses become incredibly clear and you can feel your pericardium sink into your stomach like a lead weight and there's this inescapable feeling of 'this is who I am'.

I don't actually know that much about the Bhuddist monks. I just know a few personally, since I played with them when I was a child. Heard about the fact that they are celibate. They also do retreat once in a while, or so I've been told. So basically they are alone in a chamber or maybe a tent in the woods, like my father did when he was still at the temple (because all rooms were already occupied).

The way you talk about LSD makes me actually want to try it out. But I know that it would just end in a disaster. I'm torn.
I just watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 yesterday and I am crushing pretty hard on Dane DeHaan...

Dane_DeHaan_2013.jpg
You should watch Kill Your Darlings with Radcliffe and DeHaan then!
NSFW?
tumblr_mu6bu4tOXo1qkremvo1_500.gif

I wish I were Daniel, doing all this kissing business with Dane.

tumblr_mt352ttSxM1rzub2fo1_500.gif

Replicant

Whoa whoa whoa? Lee's Gay?

Always has been. He's like Zachary Quinto before his official coming out. Many people knew but not many talk about it.

It's Richard Armitage that surprised everyone. But after being seen many times with Lee in several family get-together and other private moments, it's hard to say they're just friends without benefits.

Always has been. He's like Zachary Quinto before his official coming out. Many people knew but not many talk about it.

It's Richard Armitage that surprised everyone. But after being seen many times with Lee in several family get-together and other private moments, it's hard to say they're just friends without benefits.

So? Maybe there just close friends.

I read somewhere that Lee was gay, but I didn't know he was with Richard Armitage, thought he was straight. They'll make uber handsome childrenz.

You're gonna do great!

Thanks <3

So...I came out to my big brother (straight) today, and he was very, very accepting.
We had a talk coming home about the subject of coming out to family members, and it was quite an eye opening experience. He basically changed the way I see certain people in my family, and revealed to me that my grandmother (a very important person to me) is quite the accepting little old lady.
At this point, I'm done hiding.
If someone can't accept me for who I am than they can go sod off somewhere.
Like, I'm not throwing caution to the wind or anything but I'm gonna be way more open and honest about myself from now on.
Good riddance closet, you will not be missed.

Congrats mister!

I have a love-hate thing with the "not as bad as a expected" part of coming out. I love that it goes well, but hate the fact that we build up such a fear of it. I practically psyched myself out of doing something that ended up a huge piece of mind.

I know right? It's pretty sad the way things are.

Norman Reedus is pretty hot, yeah. :D

Andrew Lincoln>>>>>>>>>Norman.

Sai-kun

Banned

definitely gotta be in the right place for it.

i wanna do it again :( one of my friends wants to put together a little group and go running around the city for a day

definitely gotta be in the right place for it.

i wanna do it again :( one of my friends wants to put together a little group and go running around the city for a day

Yeah, (mind-)set and setting, as they say. At points I developed a degree of cockiness about it, where I'd think that I had such a strong psychological constitution that I could handle it. I guess I was kind of right, but only 'handling' it doesn't make it fun or a wise or worthwhile decision :p

That sounds like fun, one of my best trips was with a group of friends walking around town.

Kater

Banned
Haha, my friend is obsessed and she met him at the London comic con last year, and I peed next to Shane(what's the actor's name again?) in the bathroom, didn't even notice at first lol.

Jon Bernthal. lol

Good story!
Did you take a peek?

Replicant

So? Maybe there just close friends.

Maybe but I'd like to believe this article :p :

http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous...chard-armitage-set-the-rumor-mill-on-fire.php

Also, that picture above with Anna Friels was from Richard Armitage's play, "The Crucible", which is in London. Lee does not live in London but he frequents the play very often. I mean, I have close friends who live in London but I'm definitely not that close to the point that I'll visit them multiple times just to see them in a play or even visit them multiple times in their house. Unless, of course, I'm in a relationship with that 'friend'.

Oh, I love PB. My favorite dessert flavor is PB and chocolate together. I'm not huge on desserts in general (my wife has the sweet tooth) but that's definitely my preference. I ate this today, feeling those Monday blues a bit:
Chocolate is totally my weakness, chocolate peanut clusters are my favorites, lol.
We don't have a lot of American candy, but some stores have an "American shelf" with certain products, like popcorn, PB, fluff and candy, but they're so expensive. :( I don't know what they cost in the US, but Reese's peanut butter cups costs $2.50 here for the package of 2 cups. :S

here it is because i hate myself

terrible fanfic part 3

Lucario snaps his fingers, time stops flowing in the club; The music turns slow and unrecognizable which is pretty shitty because come on Pour It Up is an amazing song. everybody but Rayis, Gato, and Lucario have stopped moving. "You broke the law, Rayis. I'm here to fix that, I'm here to stop you and your interference in the timeline." Lucario spoke clearly "And you're the reason.. you're the reason Graki disappeared." Rayis was taken aback by those words "What are you talking about? How did I make Graki disappear? That doesn't make sense." Lucario looked at the floor "I don't know... I don't know what you did Rayis. All I know is that I'm here to fix it and bring Graki back!" Lucario aggressively charged towards Rayis and Gato when suddendly Lucario froze too. "Can you hear me?" Said a voice, Rayis and Gato looked around the room for the source of said voice, but didn't find anything. "You won't find me here, my name is Daripad. Step into the portal, we need to talk." Rayis was hesitant, but Gato looked terrified "What the hell is going on? I try to have fun for one night and this happens!" The voice interrupted Gato "Quickly! I can't hold Lucario for much longer! Step into the portal!" Rayis grabbed Gato by the arm "Sorry dude, but I'd love it if you survived. Can we have a drink later?" Gato was shocked "Are you seriously flirting with me right now?" Rayis said "I never miss a chance buddy" Rayis then pulled El_Gato into the portal.

to be continued and I have no idea what i'm doing

Kater

Banned

terrible fanfic part 3

Lucario snaps his fingers, time stops flowing in the club; The music turns slow and unrecognizable which is pretty shitty because come on Pour It Up is an amazing song. everybody but Rayis, Gato, and Lucario have stopped moving. "You broke the law, Rayis. I'm here to fix that, I'm here to stop you and your interference in the timeline." Lucario spoke clearly "And you're the reason.. you're the reason Graki disappeared." Rayis was taken aback by those words "What are you talking about? How did I make Graki disappear? That doesn't make sense." Lucario looked at the floor "I don't know... I don't know what you did Rayis. All I know is that I'm here to fix it and bring Graki back!" Lucario aggressively charged towards Rayis and Gato when suddendly Lucario froze too. "Can you hear me?" Said a voice, Rayis and Gato looked around the room for the source of said voice, but didn't find anything. "You won't find me here, my name is Daripad. Step into the portal, we need to talk." Rayis was hesitant, but Gato looked terrified "What the hell is going on? I try to have fun for one night and this happens!" The voice interrupted Gato "Quickly! I can't hold Lucario for much longer! Step into the portal!" Rayis grabbed Gato by the arm "Sorry dude, but I'd love it if you survived. Can we have a drink later?" Gato was shocked "Are you seriously flirting with me right now?" Rayis said "I never miss a chance buddy" Rayis then pulled El_Gato into the portal.

You get continuously better and better.
gif-i-want-more-little-mermaid.gif

I learned from the master Motomu Toriyama
/dead

Grakl

terrible fanfic part 3

lmao this is great. Grakl is spelled with an L, though. People always get that confused!

maxcriden

Is the one who sent you the mail another fellow NintendoGAFfer?
Because this would limit it to a handful of peeps.
Was it Grizzo? :D

Yep, it was Grizzo! He drew a Grizzo on it and everything.

Chocolate is totally my weakness, chocolate peanut clusters are my favorites, lol.
We don't have a lot of American candy, but some stores have an "American shelf" with certain products, like popcorn, PB, fluff and candy, but they're so expensive. :( I don't know what they cost in the US, but Reese's peanut butter cups costs $2.50 here for the package of 2 cups. :S

Wow, that's very expensive. It would be like $1 maximum for the same thing here.

I really hope your big bro is just as accepting; not everyone is lucky enough to have the same positive experiences when coming out (even in this day and age)
All we can really do is brave it out and hope it doesn't turn out to be a sour experience.

Thanks! :) I know for a fact my parents will not have a positive reaction when I come out to them, but my brother might be supportive/accepting. I mean, if anyone in my family has a chance of being a positive experience when coming out, it'd be my brother and his wife. Of course, your mind always goes to the dark places when dealing with this type of stuff. Sometimes I imagine he'll freak out, call and out me to our parents, then all sorts of drama... I know that's probably a silly and unrealistic outcome, but even if it's a 1% chance, I still worry about it. I really just need to get it over with and quit putting it off.

---

There's something about the guy who plays Daryl that just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he's bad looking or anything, but I'm much more into the guys who play Rick and Shane on that show.

RM8

Guys, what's your take on the "outrage" generated by Samus' just revealed costumes? I really can't side with the people finding it shocking or unacceptable when Samus has been able to wear skimpy outfits from day one, back in the original NES game. Plus it's basically an aerobics instructor outfit, I'm really not seeing the huge deal here. I actually feel her original Zero suit is more "sexual" somehow.

Edit: fuq autocorrect.

Good morning my friends!! <3 I missed you guys in the hours that I was sleeping and having soup broth in an attempt to feel better X_X! How's everyone doing?! <33!!

Guys, what's your take on the "outrage" generated by Samus' just revealed costumes? I really can't side with the people finding it shocking or unacceptable when Samus has been able to wear skimpy outfits from day one, back in the conditional NES game. Plus it's basically an aerobics instructor outfit, I'm really not seeing the huge deal here. I actually feel her original Zero suit is more "sexual" somehow.
It's unnecesary but I don't care anymore. I juat find it funny how Sakurai mentioned a female developer made it.

RM8

I have a particular beef with this idea that they're "just recently making her sexy". Nope, she debuted in a game where you can play as her wearing a skimpy outfit and you're rewarded with a pic of her wearing a bikini. That was 28 years ago.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Guys, what's your take on the "outrage" generated by Samus' just revealed costumes? I really can't side with the people finding it shocking or unacceptable when Samus has been able to wear skimpy outfits from day one, back in the original NES game. Plus it's basically an aerobics instructor outfit, I'm really not seeing the huge deal here. I actually feel her original Zero suit is more "sexual" somehow.

It doesn't seem that bad to me. Doesn't really fit the tone of smash in my eyes, but it's not like it is ruining anything either.

Grakl

Oh my god what
lol I always thought that was an I.. i'm sorry :c

lol no problem

All I know is that I would like those shorts that she has for her alt costume.

MarkusRJR

Random question (brought upon by the recent "how much should I spent on an engagement ring" thread): How does this sort of thing work with two guys? I wouldn't want a diamond ring, and I don't imagine many guys would.

Is this basically like the pregnancy situation where gay guys get the better route (not spending tons on a diamond ring in this case), or are you still supposed to buy an expensive engagement ring?

Grizzo

I fail to see the problem here. Like you said, Samus wears these in Fusion and Zero Mission (if you're really good and get the best ending). Plus I don't see how they're that different from Peach and Daisy's outfits in the Super Mario Strikers series:

Super-Mario-Strikers-super-mario-strikers-charged-5613103-1024-768-1-.jpg

1256653-daisystrikesintofield.png

Yep, it was Grizzo! He drew a Grizzo on it and everything.

I'm still impressed that it took only 6 days to get to you! And I'm happy to oblige :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom