• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.08: "Recon" ("Stop Sending Me Messages Over Live I Don't Have It" Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
So does anyone know if this is going to be a Flashsideways of
Richard
or a Flashback of
Richy Rich
?

What a crap poll. I never trust internet polls because fanboy results like these come out.

Community > Modern Family? Helll naaawwwwwwwww. I guess I'll vote Lost and call it a day.

Dead

well not really...yet
Discotheque said:
What a crap poll. I never trust internet polls because fanboy results like these come out.

Community > Modern Family? Helll naaawwwwwwwww. I guess I'll vote Lost and call it a day.
truth hurts :(

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Tim-E said:
I got fucking called in to work for tonight so I have to miss the episode as it airs. :( :( :(
Welcome to my life, every Tuesday. I work every Lost night. I could ask off but that's basically paying like, $70 to watch Lost.

oatmeal said:
I'm expecting a doozy, as this episode had the highest rated script of the season (not counting the finale).
inb4 meltdown. It is of course a good sign though. You can say what you want about script reviewers hating an episode being unfair and unreliable because they haven't seen the final product, but since they all adored this script so damn much, it can't really fail to provide can it.

oatmeal

Banned
And if you see the viewer ratings compared to the early reviewers (whether it be based on script or storyboards, whatever...), the ratings are remarkably close.

Recon and What Kate Did were way below the rest in both cases, too.

oatmeal said:
And if you see the viewer ratings compared to the early reviewers (whether it be based on script or storyboards, whatever...), the ratings are remarkably close.

Recon and What Kate Did were way below the rest in both cases, too.
Yeah we had this debate pretty much the same time last week. Didn't end well :p

oatmeal

Banned
InaudibleWhispa said:
Yeah we had this debate pretty much the same time last week. Didn't end well :p

:D

Oh well...I'm not really here to debate. I just wanted to say that we should be expecting big things tonight.

Regardless, MERRY LOSTMAS!!!

Tim-E

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Welcome to my life, every Tuesday. I work every Lost night. I could ask off but that's basically paying like, $70 to watch Lost.

It's my spring break this week so work is trying to milk me for every free hour I have available. I normally have class ending right at 9 on Tuesdays, too. I was not meant to watch Lost.

I honestly think only the worst of the "answer" crowd will be disappointing with tonight's episode. The rest of us are pretty much guaranteed to be exploding in LOST-joy the entire hour.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I can imagine a scene between Smokey and Richard being played out similarly to that one scene in Dr. Linus, with Smokey trying to recruit him to his side.

14v5hmq.jpg

I wanna see more of Smokey's magical chain unlatching abilities!

Dilly

Banned
Can't wait for some of the comments after this episode.

THEY DIDN'T ANSWER ANYTHING, THEY'RE TRYING TO HAVE A DECENT PLOT FOR SEASON 6. HOW DARE THEY?!

Reno7728

Can't wait till we get the cold opening of Richards flashsideways as a coirier on a ship trying to give messages to people but not really knowing what's going on ;)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The Big Rig said:
I doubt much of this episode will advance the plot, because might take emphasis away from the
Richard
back story.
Seeing as how it is likely that motivations of the mystery men might be shown, i could see some plot development here. Richard is obviously scared shitless of MiB and i would hope that we would learn why this episode.

Reno7728 said:
Can't wait till we get the cold opening of Richards flashsideways as a coirier on a ship trying to give messages to people but not really knowing what's going on ;)
Without the island couldn't we assume Richard would age and would be dead in the flashsideways?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The entire flashsideways, all 20 some odd minutes of it, will just be Richard, decaying in a coffin.

And then, in the final minute, we'll see Jacob dig up the coffin.

LOST

KevinCow

Banned
Discotheque said:
So hyped for today's episode. I think it has easy potential to be even better than Dr. Linus and the Locke one.

Just better than Dr. Linus and The Substitute? I think it's easily going to be one of the best episodes in the entire series. It's going to give us a ton of insight, if not direct answers, on several huge questions we've been wondering about for seasons.

Yaweee

InaudibleWhispa said:
Without the island couldn't we assume Richard would age and would be dead in the flashsideways?

That's my assumption. Or he'd just start aging normally, so he'd be old-ish by 2004.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
InaudibleWhispa said:
I would assume so, but that raises a good question. How Island-dependent are some of these special abilities?

In the flash sideways:
Can Richard age?
Can Hurley still commune with the dead? What about Miles?
Is Walt special?

Catalix said:
I would assume so, but that raises a good question. How Island-dependent are some of these special abilities?

In the flash sideways:
Can Richard age?
Can Hurley still commune with the dead? What about Miles?
Is Walt special?
I doubt the latter will be answered.

Yaweee

So, the thread will come to a halt ~1500 posts, the least number of all season.

It is also the only thread that SOLO was banned for the entirety of.

LOST

Yaweee said:
So, the thread will come to a halt ~1500 posts, the least number of all season.

It is also the only thread that SOLO was banned for the entirety of.

LOST
Also one of the weaker episodes of the season and undoubtedly one which didn't deserve as much scrutiny and discussion as others. Tonight's episode thread will hopefully be pretty damn big come this time next week.

A surprising number of conversations were in the Lost minor spoiler thread. Also, last week's thread had all that fruitless discussion on the spoiler issues.

Catalix

The Big Rig said:
I doubt the latter will be answered.
Kinda doubt any of them will be answered.

Nameless

Ehh. I hate when people try to slight an episode through vague context. Sure, Lighthouse is probably the "third worst" episode of the season but that's more a testemant to how great the season as been as opposed to the episode itself not being quality. Same with Recon.

Nameless said:
Ehh. I hate when people try to slight an episode through vague context. Sure, Lighthouse is probably the "third worst" episode of the season but that's more a testemant to how great the season as been as opposed to the episode itself not being quality. Same with Recon.

I was just surprised that it was a Lindelcuse ep. I mean, no, I don't believe everything they write is gold. But their eps are usually top of the season.

Yaweee said:
Spoiling a seven-year-old movie.

And I loved Lighthouse. Honestly, I probably liked it more Dr. Linus.

I think that pretty much every episode other than WKD is fantastic, with perhaps Recon being slightly worse than the rest and Dr. Linus being slightly better.

Ab Aeterno will change that.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I started a LOST bender a couple weeks ago, never seen a single episode before that and now I have all 100+ under my belt. It is a lot to keep up with even with everything fresh on the mind, but I am hooked anyways.

Now I have to get use to waiting a week in between episodes after going through nearly 10 in 1 day :(

Catalix

Applesauce said:
I started a LOST bender a couple weeks ago, never seen a single episode before that and now I have all 100+ under my belt. It is a lot to keep up with even with everything fresh on the mind, but I am hooked anyways.

Now I have to get use to waiting a week in between episodes after going through nearly 10 in 1 day :(
The crazy discussions and theories between each episode more than make up for it :)

Nameless

I'm just saying that ranking should be kept within pespective. Sure it's fun, we all do it but to say Exodus is the worst LOST finale, while true, isn't a statement about the quality of the episode itself, necessarily.

Sure Recon was probably the second worst episode of the season. Ok. But it was still a very good episode. Infact I would argue that either Recon or The Pacific pt 1 was the best hour of TV lastweek period.

DarkWish

Applesauce said:

I did something similar. I started watching in December and went through all five seasons on DVD and then got to watch Lost on TV start with the third episode (still had a whole season left when this season premiered so I couldn't watch the premiere on TV). It's definitely a lot of fun reading the GAF topic so you'll enjoy the wait, even though it is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom