• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.13: "The Last Recruit" (Citizens On Patrol/[S. Guttenberg Joke] Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

legend166 said:
Have we talked about the obvious plot hole in relation to the time that has elapsed between 815 landing in LAX and everyone arriving at the hospital yet?

Time doesn't make sense anymore because the timelines are breaking down.

Up is down, black is white. Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

Yaweee

legend166 said:
Have we talked about the obvious plot hole in relation to the time that has elapsed between 815 landing in LAX and everyone arriving at the hospital yet?

The only plot hole is determined by how long Jin was in custody and how long they were at the hotel before Keamy and Pals got impatient and decided to go looking for him, then how long they were in the custody.

G-Fex

legend166 said:

Same time since the nuke splosion. About a week or so?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Have the timelines moved as quickly on island as they have in the x world? It's only been like, 4 days on the island, but over a week in the X world, no?

legend166

I'll let Lostpedia explain:

Sun and Jin could not realistically arrive at the ER at the same moment as John Locke, as the events of "The Package" takes place just a day or two after the arrival of Oceanic 815 into Los Angeles, whereas Desmond's attack on Locke took place at least a week after, due to Desmond telling Hurley it had been a week since their flight in "Everybody Loves Hugo".

At the same way, is not possible that to find Keamy's body it took to the police an entire week. Sawyer says clearly that a week passed since he has met Kate at the airport, then he is called by Miles and sees the images of Sayid walking out of the restaurant, as shown in this episode.

Both these two time continuity errors can be excused if the scene of love between Jin and Sun took place the day Oceanic 815 landed and their conversation in bed that took place in "The Package" took place a week later; which is highly unprobable.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Recruit

I think it's pretty obviously just a stuff up.

oatmeal

Banned
Here's a thought about the smoke monster not being so violent...

He killed the pilot and pulled up trees...but he's never really done much else. If he wanted to, he could have fucking killed everyone on the beach. He did it in Ab Aeterno. Just because he seemed violent doesn't mean that he is different now.

I don't get why people use that as a loophole.

G-Fex

oatmeal said:
Here's a thought about the smoke monster not being so violent...

He killed the pilot and pulled up trees...but he's never really done much else. If he wanted to, he could have fucking killed everyone on the beach. He did it in Ab Aeterno. Just because he seemed violent doesn't mean that he is different now.

I don't get why people use that as a loophole.

there are rules

Jak140

G-Fex said:
there are rules
I'm still hoping we are going to get an explanation for all these rules and who is enforcing them and how. That's the major mythological answer I want aside from the obvious what is Jacob/Smokey/the Island/X-timeline stuff.

duckroll

legend166 said:
I'll let Lostpedia explain:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Recruit

I think it's pretty obviously just a stuff up.

Sayid's timeline up until he meets Keamy is also suspect. While we don't have a specific number of days, we can assume he arrives at Nadia's house on the first day. He then learns about the loan that night, and the next day (presumably) he tells the kids he is only staying for a few more days, which implies less than a week. The way the timeline plays out, it is clear that when he meets Keamy, it is still before his planned Toronto trip, which puts it at less than a week after the plane lands! :lol

G-Fex

Jak140 said:
I'm still hoping we are going to get an explanation for all these rules and who is enforcing them and how. That's the major mythological answer I want aside from the obvious what is Jacob/Smokey/the Island/X-timeline stuff.

the powers that be.

Blader

Jak140 said:

Mama Smokey

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Jak140 said:
I'm still hoping we are going to get an explanation for all these rules and who is enforcing them and how.
A mysterious new character named Darlton Lindelcuse that will be revealed in the finale and fleshed out during seasons 7 and 8 through the use of flashnowheres.

G-Fex

Solo said:
The rules are defined by Milton Bradley. The events of LOST are just a boardgame with real pieces.

Why hasn't anyone made a LOST boardgame. Too bad this isn't the early 90's/80's where everything was like merchandised. Screw Via Domus that doesn't count.

Guess we'll have to settle for backgammon.

Jak140

Blader5489 said:
Mama Smokey
Dead said:
Its the AI computer located in the core of the spaceship
Jocchan said:
A mysterious new character named Darlton Lindelcuse that will be revealed in the finale and fleshed out during seasons 7 and 8 through the use of flashnowheres.
Solo said:
The rules are defined by Milton Bradley. The events of LOST are just a boardgame with real pieces.
:lol

Bzzt. Actually, the answer is Kate's horse. Speaking of which according to a 2008 podcast I just stumbled on:

A questioner asks them to comment on "monster forms"; whether certain things are human, apparition, animal, dead, etc.
Ben's mother Emily = "Apparition."
Sawyer's wild boar = "Animal."
Medusa Spider = "Monster."
Hurley bird = "Oh, I'm not gonna comment on that."
Dave = "Figment of imagination slash apparition."
Yemi = "Monster."
Mikhail's cat Nadia = "Animal. And coincidence."
Walt = "Walt the person is a person. But there are apparitions of Walt that may not be Walt, and also monster-related."
Boone in Locke's dream = "Dream."
Jack = Damon: "Heh. Jack is an apparition. That's gonna be the big twist at the end of this season. He's not only in the future, but he's not real." Carlton: "No, no. He's making a joke!" Damon: "Yes."
Kate's horse (and Yemi and Christian Shepherd)= Damon: "We have this, this is actually a funny story. We have this board in the um, in the, in the room. With all the actors in the writers room. With all the actors who are on the show. All of the Oceanic 815ers. But then, all of the sort of recurs, like Penny Widmore, and Charles Widmore and..." Carlton: "We have their headshots. So we can keep track of who we have on the show." Damon: "And Matthew Abaddon and... yeah, so everybody. They go onto a door that says "deceased"; once they die, we move them over there. And then there's the door that says "undead". And on the undead door there's only three pictures. One of them is Christian Shephard, and one of them is Yemi. And the other one is..." Carlton: "Kate's horse. Just a picture of a horse. So Kate's horse is undead."
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Lost_Podcast/March_21,_2008

Perhaps our hopes for conclusive Christian/Kate's horse answers aren't dead yet?

I always thought that the pneumatic tube bottles emptying out in the middle of nowhere was a nod to the Simpsons. Homer has sent messages via tube and they've emptied out into a pile in the river.

I can't believe people are arguing about this, anyway. It was just a WTF moment on the show, not meant to be debated to death.

I'm still anticipating tomorrow as if it is Lost day, then I'll imagine that I've watched a new episode and it'll be back to normal -- only 1 week until the next episode, as it usually is.

Cutting down time into segments to aim for always helps when when I'm waiting for/anticipating something. Like if I'm waiting for a train coming in 20 minutes I'll think to myself, "Just think, in 10 minutes you'll only have to wait 10 minutes which is half as bad". Then 10 minutes will pass and I'll think, "Ah, only 10 minutes til the train, not a long wait at all!", as if my brain thinks that waiting 10 minutes twice is better than waiting twenty minutes :lol Maybe I'm just mental; I'm most certainly bored. This is what a 1 week Lost hiatus does to me.

MMaRsu

Banned
InaudibleWhispa said:
I'm still anticipating tomorrow as if it is Lost day, then I'll imagine that I've watched a new episode and it'll be back to normal -- only 1 week until the next episode, as it usually is.

Cutting down time into segments to aim for always helps when when I'm waiting for/anticipating something. Like if I'm waiting for a train coming in 20 minutes I'll think to myself, "Just think, in 10 minutes you'll only have to wait 10 minutes which is half as bad". Then 10 minutes will pass and I'll think, "Ah, only 10 minutes til the train, not a long wait at all!", as if my brain thinks that waiting 10 minutes twice is better than waiting twenty minutes :lol Maybe I'm just mental; I'm most certainly bored. This is what a 1 week Lost hiatus does to me.

I thought everybody did that? :p.

DarkWish

InaudibleWhispa said:

lol don't worry, I do that too... especially when I'm in class. It helps the time pass by faster for some reason lol.

JGS

Banned
adamsappel said:
I always thought that the pneumatic tube bottles emptying out in the middle of nowhere was a nod to the Simpsons. Homer has sent messages via tube and they've emptied out into a pile in the river.

I can't believe people are arguing about this, anyway. It was just a WTF moment on the show, not meant to be debated to death.
Agreed about it not being that big of a deal. T

he writers had to come up with something fairly shocking considering the time invested in the importance of tall things hatch. They had to do it in a short span of time. A tube emptying to nowehere is better for the audience than following it to a another station where it serves no purpose and we would never find the answer.

For all we know they periodically cleaned the area the tubes fell in, but everyone was dead/gone.

Blader

I wasn't really joking, I think MIB's mother is the source behind these rules. And if MIB's name does turn out to be Esau, which would make him Jacob's brother, then it'd explain why they would both have to follow those rules.

JGS

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I may be remembering wrong then. I just remember him staring them both down after their mud wrestle.

I'll have to look at it again. I thought he missed them the first time, came back for seconds and hit the sonic fence.

SpeedingUptoStop

thekad said:
Take that shit to the major spoilers thread, man.

So can the monster appear as people who have never been on the island?
Isabella says yes.

She was also a ghost who didn't die on the island. i really don't know what the fucking deal is with her. I guess she had enough time to roam the Earth to find Ricardo.

SpeedingUptoStop

thekad said:
Then...hold on...how was Ben's mother an apparition that Ben could see? And why did Richard assume it was the MiB?
Ben's mom was leading him to the others (probably so he wouldn't be exterminated/so he could fulfill a destiny or whatever her ghost agenda was). I don't think Richard understood ghosts then, he just figured they were all just MiB (like Isabella was to him)

thekad

Banned
DeathNote said:
The same way Isabella could be seen by Richard.

Richard couldn't see Isabella. Only Hurley can see ghosts. Ben's mom is either the monster, which Lindelcuse says is not the case, or Ben shouldn't have been able to see her.

Dead

well not really...yet
Im pretty sure I figured out how the Island sunk in X timeline

Im not sure where I should post my theory though.

edit, fuck it, Ill just post it in the Quarantine thread

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Radogol said:
:lol

EDIT:

Oh, by the by. I'm suffering from Lost withdrawal and watched the first four episodes of Season One yesterday. So, why is Flocke no longer knocking trees over? :lol
Yeah we debated this a couple pages back. I went back and watched those episodes and remembered how "animal" and "feral" smokie acted in the old days.
My personal excuse:
1. Smokes was knocking over trees in the jungle because he was throwing a tantrum over the fact that Jacob succeeded in bringing more candidates to the island.
2. Smokeys behaved oddly in the first season as a result of being old enough to know about the events that took place in the 70s. Every stupid little thing he did was shifting the board in minor ways to make his master plan happen. Its been planned so precicely we cannot fathom it.

Thats all I got :/

Anyway quick question, anyone else wonder if Smokie ever bothered approaching Ben in all that time he spent on the island?

Hm, the fact that the alternate timeline is fucked up bothers me.

Also, my TV listing shows 2 hours of Lost repeats tomorrow (and no V). Is my listing fucked up or is this really the case?

Cerberus

jamesinclair said:
Hm, the fact that the alternate timeline is fucked up bothers me.

Also, my TV listing shows 2 hours of Lost repeats tomorrow (and no V). Is my listing fucked up or is this really the case?

Repeat of Lost (Ab Aeterno?) and then a new V episode.

KtSlime

About the pneumatic tube, there may supposed to be scheduled truck pickup, and they just drop in. But the dharma folk were exterminated and stopped picking them up. The people in the swan and pearl not leaving their stations could still remain for a while unaware. We won't get an answer so I don't care too much...:D

MMaRsu

Banned
thekad said:
Richard couldn't see Isabella. Only Hurley can see ghosts. Ben's mom is either the monster, which Lindelcuse says is not the case, or Ben shouldn't have been able to see her.

Richard saw MIB Isabella.

-edit-

Who cares about the tubes :lol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom