• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Keyser Soze said:
Next Thursday (Ireland)
Next Friday (UK)

..but fuck it, I am not waiting
Waiting is for chumps and Dogens.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Cool, just noticed Sky1 have two 30minute Lost specials coming up this Friday. One is "The Top 10 Lost Scenes" and the other is a chat with the crew and cast. Darlton are supposed to be in both... hooray!

duckroll

Blader5489 said:
It's not like the Hydra Island arc from S3, which was completely irrelevant to the main story.

Nah, it's really very similar. Dogen and Captain Weeaboo were a total waste of time, the Temple as a structure holds zero value to the plot, Sayid's "transformation" accomplished nothing other than delaying his eventual death, and Sawyer didn't even take off his shirt and get down and dirty with Cindy.

Hydra Island (hot Sawyer sex) > Temple (no Sawyer sex)

duckroll said:
Nah, it's really very similar. Dogen and Captain Weeaboo were a total waste of time, the Temple as a structure holds zero value to the plot, Sayid's "transformation" accomplished nothing other than delaying his eventual death, and Sawyer didn't even take off his shirt and get down and dirty with Cindy.

Not to mention Mr. Linus. Linus alone made me ok with Hydra Island.

Blader

duckroll said:

And like I said, not that much time was even spent there. Contrast that to the Hydra Island eps, where the characters were always in their cages or shark tank or wherever.

duckroll

Blader5489 said:
And like I said, not that much time was even spent there. Contrast that to the Hydra Island eps, where the characters were always in their cages or shark tank or wherever.

You're just making up excuses for the lack of Sawyer/Cindy sex. Stop avoiding the issue and tackle it face on!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
duckroll said:
You're just making up excuses for the lack of Sawyer/Cindy sex. Stop avoiding the issue and tackle it face on!
Maybe they're saving it for the finale. Cindy needs a shower as much as Claire.
What bothers me most is the lack of Ilana/Kate sex.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why did Jacob not want Sayid to die?

Yes, yes, he was a candidate; big whoop. Looking at the list of candidates and how many names were crossed off, it's pretty clear other candidates were allowed to die (or allowed to stay dead once killed, at least).

What was the significance of actually saving Sayid?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stumpokapow said:

Yes, yes, he was a candidate; big whoop. Looking at the list of candidates and how many names were crossed off, it's pretty clear other candidates were allowed to die (or allowed to stay dead once killed, at least).

He wanted him to die in a different way, of course.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Stumpokapow said:

It was either: Jacob wanted him to be saved, so the events that transpired wouldn't happen (this was fail, because Sayid did die, then came back, then got the Temple people killed).

Or

Jacob needed the plot to move forward enough to force the endgame with the Candidates, and I guess, for him to Save Jack, Hurley, Kate, and Sawyer, by taking off with the Bomb.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
He wanted to save Sayid because if he didn't, he very well could enact a massacre at the temple.

Which is what happened.

Solo

Blader5489 said:
They hardly wasted any time in the temple.

Episode 2 - the Losties arrive there
Episode 3 - a bunch of characters leave, while back at the temple we learn more about Sayid's condition and how it's related to the sickness
Episode 4 - temple not even featured
Episode 5 - Jack and Hurley leave, spend most of the ep in the jungle or the lighthouse
Episode 6 - MIB tears the place down

It's not like the Hydra Island arc from S3, which was completely irrelevant to the main story.

Thats 5 episodes right there.

Also, and this is kind of a key thing, they Hydra Island episodes were GOOD.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:

3/4 of which, The Temple wasn't even the main focus of the episode, if it was featured much at all.

thekad

Banned
I think most people don't realize that most episodes (our favorites, too) consist of most everyone chilling on the beach/in the hatch/wherever and a main character or characters going off on an adventure. It's not really stalling, it's just Lost. People start moving during the finales.

jett

D-Member
Blader5489 said:
So jett's a hater now too? :lol

Nothing is safe from that tag
except for Avatar lololol

lololololol

x6ner5.gif

duckroll

thekad said:
I think most people don't realize that most episodes (our favorites, too) consist of most everyone chilling on the beach/in the hatch/wherever and a main character or characters going off on an adventure. It's not really stalling, it's just Lost. People start moving during the finales.

I think most people do realize that. We're not saying they're useless episodes because the characters were just chilling. We're saying the arcs are bad because they were LAME PLACES TO CHILL AT. :lol

gdt

Solo said:

But so were the Temple episodes.

Sure, the Temple dragged them down a bit, but they were still good episodes.

Nameless

Stumpokapow said:

Jacob has displayed a level of omniscience. He knew to give Hurley the Guitar case before he aboarded Ajira which goes hand and hand to Jacob telling MIB "they're coming". It's also implied he and seems like he knew Ben would kill him(though he hoped he was wrong). He knew MIB was going to murder the temple which is why he warned Hurley & Jack. And he knew how Jack would react to being brought to the Lighthouse.

He needed Sayid saved because Sayid would be the one who ultimately foiled MIB's plan of gathering all the Candidates in the same place to kill them. Sayid also spares Desmond's life who is integral in stopping MIB.

thekad

Banned
duckroll said:
I think most people do realize that. We're not saying they're useless episodes because the characters were just chilling. We're saying the arcs are bad because they were LAME PLACES TO CHILL AT. :lol

I can't disagree. They didn't really knock it out of the park when it comes to set design, either.

Alucard

Banned
Really hope they explain the "rules" of the island, why the candidates are who they are, and what their significance is. Why does it have to be "all of them"? Seems like everything is pretty arbitrary with the plot points right now.

Catalix

Alucard said:
Really hope they explain the "rules" of the island, why the candidates are who they are, and what their significance is. Why does it have to be "all of them"? Seems like everything is pretty arbitrary with the plot points right now.
This gets top priority on my wish list.

oatmeal

Banned
If i could change this season, I would have followed Desmond in the sideways from episode 1.

Everyone could still have their little stories, but Desmond would have been injected into it, bringing everyone together earlier.

Catalix

Solo said:
But the actual hydra island/bear cages shit is good. That is not true of the temple stuff.
Most definitely. We were confined to a small space, but the S3 Hydra stuff had interesting characters and was well-written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom