• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Cola said:
Deadwoods series finale was horrible D: nothing happened, so much build up then nothing

Yeah I really hated how the final scene, line, and shot summed up the series so brilliantly and effectively. What a crappy way to end the series.

Oh no wait, it was the best way to end the series. I got it mixed up for a second. Sorry.

Kunan

Finally got my new avatar ready for the finale tonight! Combines an awesome movie with my favorite character from LOST (original bitches, although flocke is awesome as well).

Also wearing my teefury Hurley Dude tshirt, and got my copy of Mario Galaxy 2! Folks at EBGames took my picture cause they loved the shirt so much :lol

Turk

shagg_187 said:
Turk... I guess you were on the boat some few miles away from the Island cause everyone of us on the Island received that video some 12+ hours ago.. :p

Damn it... In that case, I was merely reposting for those that might have missed it :D

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Kunan said:
Finally got my new avatar ready for the finale tonight! Combines an awesome movie with my favorite character from LOST (original bitches, although flocke is awesome as well).
you the god damned man.

CG Locke

doanms.jpg

Raist

Banned
Just caught up the whole season over the past couple of days and... I don't like where this is going at all :I
We'll see how's the finale but I don't have high expectations. For some reason I think they're gonna pull a Dark Tower ending on us. Hope I'm very wrong.

Raist said:
Just caught up the whole season over the past couple of days and... I don't like where this is going at all :I
We'll see how's the finale but I don't have high expectations. For some reason I think they're gonna pull a Dark Tower ending on us. Hope I'm very wrong.

Never read Dark Tower... whats the ending? (with proper spoiler-tags for the others who tend to read it though).

Raist

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Never read Dark Tower... whats the ending? (with proper spoiler-tags for the others who tend to read it though).

The whole series gown downhill after the 4th book or so (which I would call a "global ending")
As for the very last bits of the last book (coming right after a warning from King basically saying "don't bother reading, you won't like it"):

The main character finally walks inside the Dark Tower, goes through a door and is basically back to square one. As in, the very beginning of the 1st book. King is a jerk

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Currently on a random rewatch before the finale tonight.

Thinking back on Dead is Dead. Why would the MIB use Alex to put into Ben's mind, that he not continue with his plan of killing Locke again. Why? MIB wouldn't get hurt...or would he????

Raist said:
The whole series gown downhill after the 4th book or so (which I would call a "global ending")
As for the very last bits of the last book (coming right after a warning from King basically saying "don't bother reading, you won't like it"):

The main character finally walks inside the Dark Tower, goes through a door and is basically back to square one. As in, the very beginning of the 1st book. King is a jerk

Couldn't get into it despite numerous attempts, but after reading that spoiler I'm kind of glad. I'm sure they're good, but it sounds like it would have frustrated me more than anything.

Dead

well not really...yet
Lonestar said:
Currently on a random rewatch before the finale tonight.

Thinking back on Dead is Dead. Why would the MIB use Alex to put into Ben's mind, that he not continue with his plan of killing Locke again. Why? MIB wouldn't get hurt...or would he????
Because if he did, he'd figure out that that is not Locke, and would probably resent being used and Ben might not help him anymore, meaning MIB would have to kill him.

Salmonax

Lonestar said:
I guess if Ben tried to kill Flocke, his cover would be blown. And the more important piece was her telling Ben to follow his every order.

Blader

Listen closely, GAF, because when this post ends, you'll never see me again
before the finale

Sadly, I will not be able to join you all in tonight's finale thread, and probably won't be able to jump into the discussion until tomorrow night. I'm moving into my new place in Boston, and while I will have access to a TV tonight, I will not have internet till tomorrow.

So, LOST-GAF. This is it. It's been a hell of a ride for the past 3 years, both watching the show and discussing it obsessively with you crazies -- and I'm sure there'll be plenty more to talk/bitch about after tonight. :lol

We're very close to The End, now, GAF. See you all on the other side.

Blader5489 said:
before the finale

Sadly, I will not be able to join you all in tonight's finale thread, and probably won't be able to jump into the discussion until tomorrow night. I'm moving into my new place in Boston, and while I will have access to a TV tonight, I will not have internet till tomorrow.

So, LOST-GAF. This is it. It's been a hell of a ride for the past 3 years, both watching the show and discussing it obsessively with you crazies -- and I'm sure there'll be plenty more to talk/bitch about after tonight. :lol

One last Jacob picture. For the road.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Blader5489 said:
before the finale

"Once that fire goes out... you'll never see me again."

See you on the other side, brotha. ^_^

Solo

gdt5016 said:
First half of Fringe S2 weaker than the first half of Fringe S1? Insanity.

Truth. I was fully onboard the S1 > S2 train until S2 started its fuckawesome run with Jacksonville, Peter, White Tulip, and the rest of the season.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Solo said:
Truth. I was fully onboard the S1 > S2 train until S2 started its fuckawesome run with Jacksonville, Peter, White Tulip, and the rest of the season.

I plan to watch Fringe over the summer. Been hearing great things about it from mid-first season on.

Damn you, public examinations. Damn you to hell. I'll have to wait almost 10 hours to watch the finale, and through my 2 hour paper I know I'll just be thinking about Lost. :(

Blader5489 said:
before the finale

But I want some FHHRIGGIN ANSWERS!!!!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Solo said:

You're also the engineer on the "Fringe S1 > Lost S5" train, though. So we already know you've long been off the rails.

gdt

Archaix said:
You're also the engineer on the "Fringe S1 > Lost S5" train, though. So we already know you've long been off the rails.

Yeah, that's one of the craziest statements I've ever heard.

Brinbe

OneEightZero said:
I plan to watch Fringe over the summer. Been hearing great things about it from mid-first season on.
Yep, it definitely starts out slow, but when it finally start clicking, it's just amazing.

And 7 hours left, daaaaamn.

Lkr said:
no thread yet?

It got started early and locked until later today.

I had a question about the show Supernatural, do any other Lost fans watch it? I'm planning to start once my period of mourning for Lost is over, just wanted to get some opinions on it.

Solo

gdt5016 said:

Not when you think S5 of LOST is easily the weakest LOST season in almost every single facet, and when you loved S1 of Fringe as much as I did.

thekad

Banned
Watched "I Do" for the first time in years and I can sort of understand why some may have disliked the Hydra stuff. Shit was almost too intense. "KATE DAMMIT RUN!" Can't we just go back to pushing the button, guys?

Dead

well not really...yet
gdt5016 said:
Yeah. I actually really liked the entirety of Fringe Season 1, but LOST season 5 was far better.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
Not when you think S5 of LOST is easily the weakest LOST season in almost every single facet, and when you loved S1 of Fringe as much as I did.
You're just getting this nonsense out of your system before Locke rises from the ashes and you're no longer allowed to criticize Lost again, right?

The musical cue played as Sawyer looks out on the ocean in What They Died For is exactly like the one played in the Pilot when the survivors were looking out at the ocean. :_[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom