• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Countdown To LOST Season 4: CELEBRATING THREE YEARS OF YELLING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, one month from tonight, on January 31st, our sweet, caring, and beloved LOST returns for an all too brief 8 episode run. To commemorate this triumphant return of a show that's so much better than so many other shows, join me in remembering the 32 greatest LOST yells, from Worst To First.

32. "STOP."

normal_pilot2caps-083.jpg

A pensive Kate Austen realizes she's just done the lamest thing ever.

While there were many moments of awesomeness to come for young outlaw Kate Austen, her surprisingly successful attempt at stopping Sayid from murdering Sawyer with his barehands (or ankles) in Lost's pilot episode sure hell wasn't one of them.

In the pantheon of Lost Yells, this one is flaccid, uninspired and should have been completely uneffective. I guess even then Sawyer was pretty much completely at Kate's beck and call.

But take heart, dear readers, because it only gets better from here.

I love LOST, best television series since X-Files.

LOST has got to be the only show where so much detail is put into it. I'm a hardcore LOST fan and we detail every single frame of every episode, and its crazy how much hidden things are thrown throughout each episode. We knew Claire and Jack were related all the way back in Season 1.

DarthWaiter said:
I love LOST, best television series since X-Files.

LOST has got to be the only show where so much detail is put into it. I'm a hardcore LOST fan and we detail every single frame of every episode, and its crazy how much hidden things are thrown throughout each episode. We knew Claire and Jack were related all the way back in Season 1.

We did?

yes we did, actually i'm sorry got messed up, we knew back in early season 2 when jack's dad and ana lucia were in Austrilia together.

dbish

This will be my first time watching as it airs (I caught up on dvd's and abc's website this summer). I'm super pumped, and even more so now that I've seen the trailer for the new season at the movie theaters (a cool way to promote imo).

Blader

^Same here. It's going to be really jarring to watch an entire season on a weekly basis...and with commercials. :lol

Jeff-DSA

I'm so excited, I can't wait! I've been going through S3 again on Blu-ray and I'm starting to get a giddiness overload.

This thread slowed down too fast...this should help:

evangeline_lilly3.jpg

madmook

I just finished up the season 3 DVD's last night and uh... I'm lost.

When in time is bearded Jack? I was thinking it was a flashback (because he tells the doctor in the hospital to "call his dad"), but then at the end he's telling Kate, "We gotta go back." So now I have to assume that they WERE rescued...

God I love the show, but I frackin' hate these cliffhanger endings that present you with more questions than answers!

Jeff-DSA

It's a future flashfoward. Jack talking about his dad is most likely drunk/pill induced rambling. We know for sure it's the future, and we know it's a REAL future, not a speculative or changeable one.

we dont know if Jack's dad is truly dead or not. There was no body in the coffin. In the flash forward Jack mentions his dad multiple times as if he is alive. He saw his dad on the Island. He heard his dad in the confinement in season 3 through the speaker system.

madmook

I don't think the "funeral" Jack attended was for his dad. I mean he read about it in the paper, so I think its someone else from the island. Perhaps they're all dying one by one after they got rescued...

Fuck I hate having so much unanswered! I'm going to erase Lost from my brain until the season 4 DVD comes out, that's what I had to do with the prior seasons.

Blader

DarthWaiter said:
we dont know if Jack's dad is truly dead or not.

There was an autopsy. Jack saw the body. He's dead.

What happened to the body is just an unresolved plot thread from S1.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
DarthWaiter said:
we dont know if Jack's dad is truly dead or not. There was no body in the coffin. In the flash forward Jack mentions his dad multiple times as if he is alive. He saw his dad on the Island. He heard his dad in the confinement in season 3 through the speaker system.

It was a clever use of viewer knowledge and facts that the writers used to try and stop you figuring out the flash-fowards were the future until the end of the episode. It was just Jack's drunken rambling, but it made some viewers certain that this was nothing more than a flashback... until Kate jumps out an SUV.

Blader

Anasui Kishibe said:
why in the blue fuck are you guy not using the spoiler tags here?

Because why would you stroll into a Season 4 thread if you haven't seen the first three seasons?

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
What site is the OP copy-and-pasted from? Or do you really have 31 more yells all chosen and ready to go?

Great idea, in either case. I wish I could remember my own favorites, but the show is just one big yellathon :lol

Crap, I still have to watch those mini-Lost things before the new Season :$

I still remember almost choking on a drink last year in the finale thread when I read "NOT PENIS BOAT"... I have no idea who posted that, or why I found it so funny, but that was some good times! Thank you

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
beelzebozo said:
i have this strange feeling "waaaaaaaaalt" may be number one
Of course! God I wish I could remember more.

Half the fun of this show is hating half the characters :lol

I've had to scream "god you're such a retarded BITCH" at random passers-by on the street since Kate's been off the air :(

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
season 3 spoilers, but
the desperate "we have to go back" yell by jack as kate is getting in her car
is actually pretty stirring to me

Tieno

Ford Prefect said:
Writers strike? Ring any bells?
Fuck, Lost got affected by that too? Thought they already taped that. Are the other 8 episodes still going to come, or did they change the story?

31. "SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! I HAVE A RIGHT...TO SEE HER!"

normal_2fortheroad-cap240.jpg

An inebriated Christian Shepard stumbles onto the set of One Life To Live.

Because having a baby kidnapped and being the subject of weird, needle-driven experiments isn't enough to make you interesting and because The Island Needed Your Platonic Boyfriend (no way they ever fucked) As A Sacrifice, the LindelCuse Monster decided that Claire needed to have the most ridiculous subplot ever: Your Dad, My Dad.

And so, one rainy night in Australia, Ana Lucia Cortez watched America's Favorite Show spiral into it's most James Hurlian storyline ever and we, as viewers, could only cover our ears.

Maybe things get better tomorrow, because this was some seriously lame shit.

JimiNutz

Banned
Currently introducing a friend to Lost and am desperately trying to get her through seasons 1-3 in time for 4. I've told her we're gonna have to stat watching 5 episodes a day.

Shorty

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Not for Season 4. Even though I just read/saw one.
But not in this thread right? I don't want to know a thing about it before I actually watched it. Season 3's final was totally ruined for me b/c I knew about the
flash forward stuff
:/

Shorty

Banned
Ford Prefect said:
I like how the pic makes her look 10x hotter than she really is :lol
No she's looking less beautiful in Lost than she actually is, which is intended... I mean she lives on an island, there's no way they could let her appear with styled hair and in stockings lol

Can't wait for season 4.

But ummm... this thread needs more LOST ladies.

477a5842149c7.jpg

While searching for images, I ran across one of Emilie de Ravin (Claire) that was very great, but might come close to pushing the fapping limits for GAF.

FilosopherStoner said:
While searching for images, I ran across one of Emilie de Ravin (Claire) that was very great, but might come close to pushing the fapping limits for GAF.

Then how about this one. So cute. Her accent drives me crazy.

emilie_de_ravin-pics-001.jpg

Also, no way "KATE DAMMIT RUN!" won't be number 1 on this countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom