• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | June 2014 | Something to do with EEEs

Daigoro

fucking malf banned again. you've got a responsibility running these monthly thread brother. keep your shit together!

anyways!

Opinions on Revelaitons?

I really liked it a lot. spent over 160+ hours getting the 1000g. the online co-op challenge stuff was brilliant imo. played with randoms mostly and had a real good time.

as for 1001 spikes. yeah maybe $5 too expensive. I bought it though. played for a bit over an hour so far. its well put together. as brutal as you think its going to be, and fun. music is great.

if you're up for a ball breaking experience then check it out.

Gamejunky

Seems 1001 Spikes not available in Canada? I never seen a game on 360 that was available in US but not Canada. Nutjitsu was another one that still isn't available in Canada. Are there anymore like this and why is this happening?

Seems 1001 Spikes not available in Canada? I never seen a game on 360 that was available in US but not Canada. Nutjitsu was another one that still isn't available in Canada. Are there anymore like this and why is this happening?

I posted my thoughts on this in another topic...it's just a guess, but it makes a bit more sense to me.

And yep, only available in US right now.

I received a copy yesterday, so my site is going to try and have a review up ASAP on it for people to check out!

Gamejunky

I posted my thoughts on this in another topic...it's just a guess, but it makes a bit more sense to me.

And yep, only available in US right now.

I received a copy yesterday, so my site is going to try and have a review up ASAP on it for people to check out!

Thanks for the insight, makes sense. This is just another thing to turn me off digital. If it was physical somehow (and trust me I know small games like these would never get a physical release) I could somehow buy it online from somewhere. Oh well hopefully they'll be available one day.

So much for a 50% - 75% discount on Dead Rising 3.

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Dead-Rising-3/affdf371-f512-4d8d-a9e9-dac4524a0e3a

It's not even 25%...

It's not showing up as on sale to me but the seasons pass is 1/3 off? Oh it is, now, £49.99 down to £37.49? Loool. Seasons pass is £15.99, still probably double what I'm prepared to pay for it

The new store front is changeable to suit their promoting needs as well it seems

BqABamBIcAAAVdr.jpg

blazeuk

As with Forza, sale prices have been pathetic. I was hoping after MS announced the deals with gold thing for XBO they'd go all out to make it appealing early on but instead it's been limited to 25%-33% off with it being cheaper to just buy at retail. DR3 sale price is £37.59, just my first search shows it's cheaper new on Amazon by a few quid and 2nd hand prices are down to around £20 (it was being sold on Amazon Warehouse for £19 the other week).

I realise they're not going to want to match 2nd hand prices but at a minimum they should be going cheaper than retail prices and really should be trying to get as close to 2nd hand prices as possible, why would I pay £38 for it when I can get a physical copy for half that price? Rubbish.

I've been waiting since launch for a sale on the Dead Rising 3 season pass, and I'm disappointed that it's only 33% off. $19.99 still seems like too much based on what I've heard about the content. I may go ahead and bite because I'd love to finally wrap that game up, but I'm hesitant.

So is there any real rime or reason to when they put content on sale as deals with Gold? Because Peggle 2 just went on sale on Tuesday for $6. Is that already over?

It's not showing up as on sale to me but the seasons pass is 1/3 off? Oh it is, now, £49.99 down to £37.49? Loool. Seasons pass is £15.99, still probably double what I'm prepared to pay for it

The new store front is changeable to suit their promoting needs as well it seems

BqABamBIcAAAVdr.jpg

Is that your picture? By god man, clear out those notifications! :p

Redshirt

Banned
Peggle 2 is still on sale (in the U.S. at least).

The DR3 season pass should have been discounted to $9.99. The biggest problem with it is that it just recycles everything you did in the main game. But if you loved DR3 and are still hungry for more, you'll like it even at $20.

So is there any real rime or reason to when they put content on sale as deals with Gold? Because Peggle 2 just went on sale on Tuesday for $6. Is that already over?

Is that your picture? By god man, clear out those notifications! :p

Peggle 2 is still on sale, and a new DLC is coming soon!

My notifications are mainly Fifa recording game clips, I don't check them :p I've cleared them now if that makes you feel better! :p

Peggle 2 is still on sale, and a new DLC is coming soon!

My notifications are mainly Fifa recording game clips, I don't check them :p I've cleared them now if that makes you feel better! :p

I can sleep easy tonight now!

For real though, I saw the Peggle DLC achievements pop up on x360a this morning. Good stuff!

BqABamBIcAAAVdr.jpg

Yeah, I thought the new store front looked pretty cool.

And someone needs to get on Spencer on Twitter. Ask him what the hell happened to the 50% - 75% off DR3. Ridiculous.

Lima

Where did they state always 50-75% off on these deals?

The wording was pretty clear. "of up to 50-75% of" which clearly doesn't mean the discount will always be in the 50-75% range.

TK Turk

Banned

The wording was pretty clear. "of up to 50-75% of" which clearly doesn't mean the discount will always be in the 50-75% range.

Exactly. I don't even remember DR3 being mentioned for June, I thought it was Forza and Ryse?

Yep. Steam sales have completely destroyed consumer perceptions of digital video game sales.

Is it just me or are the non Gold sales not so easy to find? Or maybe there are none at the moment? I see stuff in the Gold specific section for DR3 and Peggle, but nothing in the store area.

Z_Y

Do the XB1 sales not run from Tuesday until Tuesday? The DR3 sale is already over. That's lame.

aries_71

Boy, this summer looks really barren, relase wise. Nothing new on July, and only Diablo 3 and NFL 15 on August. These are going to be long weeks :)

ryan299

Is it just me or are the non Gold sales not so easy to find? Or maybe there are none at the moment? I see stuff in the Gold specific section for DR3 and Peggle, but nothing in the store area.

There are more sales then the ones listed in the gold section? I was under the assumption that those were it.

malfcn

Fully updated the Deals with Gold.
Peggle 2 is off the Xbox One dashboard, but still showing for $5.99 on the website.

And bought Strider. Will have to check that out.

B4D1E

Fully updated the Deals with Gold.
Peggle 2 is off the Xbox One dashboard, but still showing for $5.99 on the website.

And bought Strider. Will have to check that out.

Good to see you back. I will wait for your impressions on Strider before I bite. Thanks in advance ;)

malfcn

banner.png

A puzzle-platformer of cataclysmic proportions, starring an
ornery blob with an insatiable appetite. Begin the game a tiny
captive carnivore, finish a city-devouring giant. Gain freakish
new abilities including magnetism, telekinesis, and rocket power.
Platforming has never been this viscous, nor this various. 24
expansive single player campaign levels, PLUS top-down bonus
stages. Consume everything, regret nothing!

Original release date: 6/18/2014
Developer: DrinkBox Studios
Publisher: Midnight City
Genre: Platformer, Puzzle & Trivia
Price: $7.99

Good to see you back. I will wait for your impressions on Strider before I bite. Thanks in advance ;)

May take awhile. I am still entrenched in Watch Dogs. And there is Max, but Strider looks good.

Outlast is out now for those interested.

Shame it's $20 for what was a PS+ game. It's like they don't think console gamers pay attention to these things :(

Redshirt

Banned
Outlast was only free on PS+ for a month and then went back to $20 on PS too. Maybe it'll be a GwG game at some point.

Just noticed there is now a Thief demo, can't remember seeing it up there before. Seems odd to release a demo for a game that came out months ago.

Played an hour of Outlast and it is creepy as hell so far. Hope it keeps it up

malfcn

Lots of stuff is dropping. Good to see things ramping up. But it's nice to have a little notice before hand. Time to update things tonight. Been thinking of changing presentation possibly.

malfcn

As a twist..Deals with Gold dropped the 50% sale of Tomb Raider to 40%, so it's not $35.99
And I no longer see Max and Halo on my dashboard, still through the website though.

malfcn

So if Microsoft can't figure out the expiring find then I need to buy stuff. About $62 buy July 9th. Was thinking of Super Time Force, and open to 360 suggestions too.

malfcn

What is expiring on July 9?

When they had the beta dashboard last summer they made funds promotional.. So expires in a year, which is July 9th for me.

What XB1 downloadable games do you own already?

KI, Spartan Assault, Max, Strider.
Is the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass worthy? Ep 1 + 2 looked interesting.

The season pass for Dead Rising 3 was a bust.
Got the Watch Dogs pass because it looked cool.

Top Bottom