• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogg

Can't wait for the scene where Lock x is taking over MiB's "body" while Jack is trying to kill him, and then Lock goes "Jack no! It's me, the real John Lock" and Jack says "I know" and stab him through the chest. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
bogg said:
Can't wait for the scene where Lock x is taking over MiB's "body" while Jack is trying to kill him, and then Lock goes "Jack no! It's me, the real John Lock" and Jack says "I know" and stab him through the chest. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !
6446_v.gif

Genius.

Solo

SpeedingUptoStop said:
You're just getting this nonsense out of your system before Locke rises from the ashes and you're no longer allowed to criticize Lost again, right?

Like I said earlier, if Locke saves the day, Giacc plays "Locke'd Out Again", and I get an awesome montage to "Parting Words" tonight, that will satisfy me so much that I will retroactively change each one of my S5 thread posts to be "OMG fucking awesome".

Solo said:
Like I said earlier, if Locke saves the day, Giacc plays "Locke'd Out Again", and I get an awesome montage to "Parting Words" tonight, that will satisfy me so much that I will retroactively change each one of my S5 thread posts to be "OMG fucking awesome".

Can't wait for the timetravel storyline in the finale.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm definitely going to buy the encyclopedia thing.. but I think it's going to be a LOOOONG time before I rewatch LOST.

I've just seen it soo many times, backwards and forwards and out of order. I need to let it sit in my memory a bit.

selig

Banned
something i remembered while watching the music video:

The Others/Dharma-guys (Ben and Co.) in season 2 kidnapped the children of the second group of suvivors, iirc. Did we ever find out why they kidnapped them and what happened to them?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
selig said:
something i remembered while watching the music video:

The Others/Dharma-guys (Ben and Co.) in season 2 kidnapped the children of the second group of suvivors, iirc. Did we ever find out why they kidnapped them and what happened to them?

Those two kids were still alive with the flight attendant lady in this season. I think they may have been exploded by Widmore's airstrikes, though.

McFlame

Internet Celebrity said:
Damn you, public examinations. Damn you to hell. I'll have to wait almost 10 hours to watch the finale, and through my 2 hour paper I know I'll just be thinking about Lost. :(

Same here, except I have a nice 3 hour written paper before I can watch the finale.

JGS

Banned
Snuggler said:
Those two kids were still alive with the flight attendant lady in this season. I think they may have been exploded by Widmore's airstrikes, though.
They were probably the only two kids on the island since it didn't appear a lot of people came after that.

From what Sayid told Jack, the remainder of Locke's party went off into the jungle, so I assumed most of the group are alive and are just the latest batch of Others.

sorry i'm late guys. my idea from a few pages back--
First, a little background --
After watching the first two episodes on dvd a few years back, I never gave the show a second chance, many years ago, and once it started growing in seasons, it seemed less worth it in time/dedication, and seemed there would be too much filler. But, the show is good and entertaining (from the 2-part pilot), so...

This is my second chance. For my experiment I will watch the finale later today without having watched any episodes inbetween.

My criteria for determining if I will watch any of the rest of the seasons in between will be:
1. if the finale fully answers the main questions I have -
- why did the plane crash,
- what is the secret of the island/where are they
- who will rescue them(if any)
- and what happens when they get back (if they do)
2. I expect to not know much of what's going on in the finale, but if I can follow along, I'll be happy. If there's aliens or alternate worlds or something, then I'll know that I made the right choice of skipping the seasons. I will see how much they strayed from their original premise/idea, which must be alot seeing that it's 6 seasons long of hour long episodes.

Here's what I DO know about Lost (from commercials, and watching a minute here or there over the years, listening about it from friends)-
I have seen bald guy, Hurley, jack, kate in past year or two in commercials at least, so I know that they have been alive sometime in the past few years on the show. Also what i do know is that the show does a lot of flashbacks to their original lives and goes forward also, which was another thing that put me off giving it a 2nd chance. And I know that there's weird shit in it.

So guys, here's my questions/thoughts on the pilot. I've just rewatched it again in fast forward while typing this so I wouldn't miss anything.

1. How did Walt's dog survive the crash? Wouldn't it be in a dog carrier in the luggage area- that's the first thing thing to hit the ground. How did the dog not get eaten by monster while it was walking around the jungle?
2. will the pregnant mother and/or baby survive, or be dead soon? By which season?
3. So Charlie, the former hobbit, is a druggie, and also in a band. Interesting.
4. Shannon -stuck up blond girl, will probably be one of the first to die
5. Bald guy shows Kate the 'orange smile', and Kate can't even crack a laugh or a smile?? That part cracked me up. :lol
6. Bald guy tells walt a secret -what is it? dun dun dun!
7. What's up with secretive overprotective korean couple?
8. the pilot said that 6 hours into flight, radio went out (past fiji). WHY & HOW?
9. OK, so the plane turned around, but how could the plane be 1000 miles off course, when the turbulence happened, but the pilot still couldn't estimate where they were or what area in the world? Wouldn't the pilot have some idea/plane have it's own gps or something? Maybe even someone on the plane had a portable GPS? Anything? So fake.
10. what city/airport were they leaving from, and where were they going?
11. invisible dinosaur monster that gobbled the pilot and knocking down trees. What is it? Wait, wat?? A POLAR BEAR??? I don't even
12. how can this monster (I refuse to believe it was a polar bear) be 'right behind them' when jack is saving charlie when his foot is stuck, then jack jumps into a bush, and somehow the monster doesn't follow and loses track of him? stupid
13.what will happen when smoking guy runs out of cigarettes? Will he have a fit? :p
14. WTF Kate is the prisoner on plane?? She was in handcuffs. The guy next to her was the marshall?
15. The distress signal on radio. So this french lady already sending distress signal on another radio- already on island. They figure she been there 16yrs 5months. how was HER radio battery working for 16 years continuously sending a signal? Is she still alive? Where is she? What attacked 'the others'? The polar bears? Really??
16. Nothing to do with pilot episode- where do the survivors live now in current episode? In caves? An alien world? Do they all have blond highlights from being 6 years in the sun? Any background info I should know about before watching the finale?

so, NeoGAF, tell me ALL. Which parts get answered in the show, now or later on, and which did not yet. I assume 99% of these questions get answered before the finale, except the question of where they are. I dont really care for spoilers, I'll probably even watch all of the seasons if the finale is good, and my selective memory is cool like that while watching shows.:) Telling me what happened these past 6 years won't ruin the story for me at all, as long as i know it's worth watching, it will still be new to me. Plus I won't have to wait for new episodes each week- i can binge watch all of the seasons over the course of a month or two and I'll be fine.

Mr. E. Yis said:
After watching the first two episodes on dvd a few years back, I never gave the show a second chance, many years ago, and once it started growing in seasons, it seemed less worth it in time/dedication, and seemed there would be too much filler. But, the show is good and entertaining (from the 2-part pilot), so...

This is my second chance. For my experiment I will watch the finale later today without having watched any episodes inbetween.

My criteria for determining if I will watch any of the rest of the seasons in between will be:
2. I expect to not know much of what's going on in the finale, but if I can follow along, I'll be happy. If there's aliens or alternate worlds or something, then I'll know that I made the right choice of skipping the seasons. I will see how much they strayed from their original premise/idea, which must be alot seeing that it's 6 seasons long of hour long episodes.

Here's what I DO know about Lost (from commercials, and watching a minute here or there over the years, listening about it from friends)-
I have seen bald guy, Hurley, jack, kate in past year or two in commercials at least, so I know that they have been alive sometime in the past few years on the show. Also what i do know is that the show does a lot of flashbacks to their original lives and goes forward also, which was another thing that put me off giving it a 2nd chance. And I know that there's weird shit in it.

So guys, here's my questions/thoughts on the pilot. I've just rewatched it again in fast forward while typing this so I wouldn't miss anything.

1. How did Walt's dog survive the crash? Wouldn't it be in a dog carrier in the luggage area- that's the first thing thing to hit the ground. How did the dog not get eaten by monster while it was walking around the jungle?
2. will the pregnant mother and/or baby survive, or be dead soon? By which season?
3. So Charlie, the former hobbit, is a druggie, and also in a band. Interesting.
5. Bald guy shows Kate the 'orange smile', and Kate can't even crack a laugh or a smile?? That part cracked me up. :lol
8. the pilot said that 6 hours into flight, radio went out (past fiji). WHY & HOW?
9. OK, so the plane turned around, but how could the plane be 1000 miles off course, when the turbulence happened, but the pilot still couldn't estimate where they were or what area in the world? Wouldn't the pilot have some idea/plane have it's own gps or something? Maybe even someone on the plane had a portable GPS? Anything? So fake.
11. invisible dinosaur monster that gobbled the pilot and knocking down trees. What is it? Wait, wat?? A POLAR BEAR??? I don't even
12. how can this monster (I refuse to believe it was a polar bear) be 'right behind them' when jack is saving charlie when his foot is stuck, then jack jumps into a bush, and somehow the monster doesn't follow and loses track of him? stupid
13.what will happen when smoking guy runs out of cigarettes? Will he have a fit? :p
14. WTF Kate is the prisoner on plane?? She was in handcuffs. The guy next to her was the marshall?
15. The distress signal on radio. So this french lady already sending distress signal on another radio- already on island. They figure she been there 16yrs 5months. how was HER radio battery working for 16 years continuously sending a signal? Is she still alive? Where is she? What attacked 'the others'? The polar bears? Really??
16. Nothing to do with pilot episode- where do the survivors live now in current episode? In caves? An alien world? Do they all have blond highlights from being 6 years in the sun? Any background info I should know about before watching the finale?

so, NeoGAF, tell me ALL. Which parts get answered in the show, now or later on, and which did not yet. I assume 99% of these questions get answered before the finale, except the question of where they are. I dont really care for spoilers, I'll probably even watch all of the seasons if the finale is good, and my selective memory is cool like that while watching shows.:) Telling me what happened these past 6 years won't ruin the story for me at all, as long as i know it's worth watching, it will still be new to me. Plus I won't have to wait for new episodes each week- i can binge watch all of the seasons over the course of a month or two and I'll be fine.

:lol This is an incredibly dumb idea, like reading the first and last chapters of a really long book.

But i'm still interested to read your reactions.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mr. E. Yis said:

Not gonna tell you a thing personally.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Mr. E. Yis: My advice... just watch S1, if you aren't hooked after that, then don't keep watching. I wouldn't watch the finale either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom