• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.14: "The Candidate" (Vote Silas Adams For Deadwood Police Chief Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol at the 11 lost endings

I had a dream the other night that the end of lost involved halo-like space ships, Santa clause on a surfboard and an army of cactus skin people.

Santa ending confirms I wasn't far off! :lol

Man, just going back and watching this show is amazing. Watched the season 2 finale, when Michael's list of people to bring back was Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer (candidates at the time i assume). Ben says to Michael "We're the good guys..." because they're working for Jacob. Then in season 3 Locke hears the MIB (who they thought was jacob), and Ben shot Locke for being able to hear him, which we later find out Ben had never heard Jacob.

What makes me curious is the fact that Ben and the dharma initiative lived on the island for years after the incident until the purge. In the original timeline, was Ben shot as a child? If not, when did the flashsideways reality break off from the original timeline?

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
layzie1989 said:
Man, just going back and watching this show is amazing. Watched the season 2 finale, when Michael's list of people to bring back was Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer (candidates at the time i assume). Ben says to Michael "We're the good guys..." because they're working for Jacob. Then in season 3 Locke hears the MIB (who they thought was jacob), and Ben shot Locke for being able to hear him, which we later find out Ben had never heard Jacob.

What makes me curious is the fact that Ben and the dharma initiative lived on the island for years after the incident until the purge. In the original timeline, was Ben shot as a child? If not, when did the flashsideways reality break off from the original timeline?

Hadn't happened yet.

The flash sideways reality broke off when Juliet set us up the bomb.

NimbusD

Panda Bear said:
If we don't get a name for MIB by the end of the series I'll be pissed.

That's the least of my worries, I just hope they don't gloss over all the cabin shit.

They can't just say that was MIB in there and have that be that, it doesn't make any sense. I really feel like they're going to just not mention it again though :(

Just watched a pretty decent Jorge interview. At least a few of the cast members were being filmed as they read the finale script for the DVD extras, so we can see how they first react in real time. Pretty cool.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
InaudibleWhispa said:
Just watched a pretty decent Jorge interview. At least a few of the cast members were being filmed as they read the finale script for the DVD extras, so we can see how they first react in real time. Pretty cool.

If no spoilers, please PM.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Panda Bear said:
If we don't get a name for MIB by the end of the series I'll be pissed.
If we don't get a name for MiB by the end of tomorrow night's episode, I'll be incredibly surprised.

Domino Theory said:
If no spoilers, please PM.
Oops, I was supposed to link to it anyway. It's here. It's mostly just him talking about the his favourite scenes and stuff, and a bit of finale hyping. He does confirm the return of a certain cast member which some might consider a spoiler, but it's not surprising or anything major.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
If we don't get a name for MiB by the end of tomorrow night's episode, I'll be incredibly surprised.
Yeah, I can't imagine they'll have a whole episode featuring the guy with people avoiding his name and referring to him as friend.

DarkWish

InaudibleWhispa said:
Do you have a link to the interview? Does it contain any spoilers?

EDIT: nvm, saw the link above.

SpeedingUptoStop

Teefury has another Lost shirt available for purchase tomorrow...and I think I might have to pick this bad boy up.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4640222&id=61224900854

30741_393420930854_61224900854_4640222_3495977_n.jpg

GAH, another Lost shirt with the plane breaking in it, it is. Threadless and Teefury in the same week, god damnit, why must I chooose!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The plane split. So hot right now. :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Spoiler tag that shirt!

aerts1js

I have no time to read this whole thread but holy shit, I just watched the last episode and I'm starting to get fed up with Lost. The writing was wretched this season. Main Characters dying does NOT = great episode. Having invested years into these characters their deaths felt so unspectacular.

What was the point of Sayid going evil if he's just gonna randomly sacrifice himself?

What's the point of Jin dying when they have a kid? Urgh, the whoel scene reminded me of Titanic.

Oh, and going to the airplane and then the sub was a little TOO easy for everyone, seemed quite lame.

SpeedingUptoStop

Eh, cafepress...not particularly the best quality. If you don't find what you like in the ABC store, you pretty much wait around until a quality website like Threadless or Teefury print an original one you happen to like.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Rekubot

Garjon said:
I wonder if Candidate status has something to do with hating/fearing your father; Miles could have lost candidacy because he and his dad made up.
I was thinking it might be to do with not being lost anymore. By that I mean not being bothered by the one key issue you had when you came to the island. For most characters, finding themselves almost immediately led to their deaths.

Miles doesn't have many issues, except for his dad. Those were solved in season 5.

Rose and Bernard - retired and happy.

Becoming infected is also a way of losing candidacy.

Rekubot

Did anyone else catch the similiarity between the endings of Do No Harm and The Candidate? Claire/Kate asks Locke/Jack where they are going, they say they're off to go kill someone and then walk out of the frame leaving Kate/Claire standing there.

Letterman tends to go nuts over many pretty woman. Shouldn't he be cooling it though? What with that crazy scandal and everything? His wife must watch his show with rage sometimes :lol

Solo

Guys, if something goes terribly wrong tomorrow night, then my Locke avatar will be banished from the island for the remainder of the show.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Decision time! I've got to go into London tomorrow morning. Do I put it on my iPod and watch it on the train, or wait till I get home to watch it in HD?

Argh!?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
McBacon said:
Decision time! I've got to go into London tomorrow morning. Do I put it on my iPod and watch it on the train, or wait till I get home to watch it in HD?

Argh!?
I'm thinking about taking a break until the 23rd. Don't know if I can do it.

Lakitu

st5fu
McBacon said:

Argh!?

When are you back, the evening? If so, if I were you I'd wait to come back and enjoy it in HD without kiddies crying and people talking while you watch it.

McBacon said:

Argh!?
Get up 40 minutes earlier and watch it before you leave.

I finally catched the series and what a fucking great show, it's one of the few I saw that managed to keep the quality during all the seasons, some seasons were more weak or with a slower irritating pace, but generally speaking it's an amazing show.

After watching the last chapter I realized why Jacob said keeping alive Sayid was so important, they will all dead if it wasn't for him!! (yeah,I'm slow) I wonder until how much jacob can predict the future or "create it"

Zeliard

Relaxed Muscle said:
I finally catched the series and what a fucking great show, if one of the few I saw that managed to keep the quality during all the seasons, some seasons were more weak or with a slower irritating pace, but generally speaking it's an amazing show.

After watching the last chapter I realized why Jacob said keeping alive Sayid was so important, they will all dead if it wasn't for him!! (yeah,I'm slow) I wonder until how much jacob can predict the future or "create it"

I have a small issue with how godlike Jacob seems. Him dying only seems to be a minor obstacle from a practical standpoint since he can just come back as a ghost and give Hurley orders whenever he wants. And he seemed to be expecting his death.

It's funny that MIB is a virtually invulnerable guy who can scan people's minds and shapeshift into a smoke monster at will, yet he seems a lot more grounded and "real" to me as a character than Jacob.

Jacob just floats above it all and seems to know how everything will plan out - outside of the way he looks and talks, nothing about him feels human. MIB's emotions and actions meanwhile have basically run the whole gamut of human expression. Hopefully tonight's episode grounds Jacob a little bit, since I think it's very unlikely that these two guys aren't simply humans.

Zeliard said:
I have a small issue with how godlike Jacob seems. Him dying only seems to be a minor obstacle from a practical standpoint since he can just come back as a ghost and give Hurley orders whenever he wants. And he seemed to be expecting his death.

It's funny that MIB is a virtually invulnerable guy who can scan people's minds and shapeshift into a smoke monster at will, yet he seems a lot more grounded and "real" to me as a character than Jacob.

Jacob just floats above it all and seems to know how everything will plan out - outside of the way he looks and talks, nothing about him feels human. MIB's emotions and actions meanwhile have basically run the whole gamut of human expression. Hopefully tonight's episode grounds Jacob a little bit, since I think it's very unlikely that these two guys aren't simply humans.
Yeah, I very much doubt their back story is going to involve them being brought up as deities. I think they very much started as normal humans, so it's going to be very interesting to learn how they came about their powers. It sounds to me like Jacob made MIB what he is, so it would appear that something happens to Jacob. The question is, what?

duckroll said:
Are we ready to go across the sea yet? The ship's leaving the port in 12 hours or so! Hype!

I think of Little Mermaid every time I see that title (yes I know that's Under The Sea)

and no, I don't initially think of Weezer. Sorry Costanza/Great Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom