• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Yeah, I really didn't sleep last night. I haven't taken an afternoon nap in years, but I might have to take one today, so I can be 100% FRESH for tonight.

gdt5016 said:
Yeah, I really didn't sleep last night. I haven't taken an afternoon nap in years, but I might have to take one today, so I can be 100% FRESH for tonight.

I slept the shit out of last night. Nothing keeps me from sleeping. And plus it gets me to the finale quicker!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BenjaminBirdie said:
Just another way my shirt and DACAAPB rule the fuckin' SCHOOL.
YOU WIN THIS ONE, BIRDIE.

Speaking of Olly Moss, tell me you didn't miss out on the poster he made that immediately sold out.

lost_inposter_ollymoss_z.png

jett

D-Member
Nameless said:
I bet that dream took like 20 nights to finish :lol :lol

Tee Fury's LOST Shirt for today(posted???)

bottom_collage.jpg

Not really digging it to be honest which is unfortunate because I passed on the "24" inspired shirt last night thinking their LOST offering would be must-have.

I thought Tawret was Shannon before zooming in on the pic.:lol :lol

Seeing this pic I'm reminded that the Tawret thing was in retrospect meaningless and has no real relation to the island. Also, it pisses me off to have been mislead. :p

Nameless

I slept like a baby last night. Helps that cracked my bottle of Clementine. Besides, Friday night was a loooong one.

Trying to figure out if I want to watch the two hour recap at 7. I've watched way too much LOST for it to be useful or all that entertaining. Might tune in for the Darlton banter.

Man nothing beats this shit over the piano part of No Place Like Home:

Yo, the island just ain't done with us dogg.
It's gotta bring us back
Gotta turn our hearts from evil to good
Out there man we all got a shot at redemption
But when it's all said and done
We'll end up just like the rest, man
Sayid
Jin and Sun
Ana Lucia
Michael
Charlie and Ilana
You gotta become a better person
So you can get blowned up
Or drowned
Or shot like the rest of em
Either way, man, ain't nothin' sadder than watching Hurley cry
And just remember
They can move the island
But never its place in my heart
Trust me on this.

It's like so dumb but, you know, it's like real shit, right?

How many LOST themed shirts has Tee Fury put up? I didn't even know about that site until today :(

I've probably missed so many great shirts. I'd buy today's design but I'm not really feelin' it.

I need some LOST merchandise (hoodies, t shirts). Something not from cafepress, preferably. Anyone know a good site?

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wait, is the recap at 7, eastern? I thought that's when the episode began.

7 pm: 2 hour recap
9 pm: 2.5 hour finale
11:30: Local news/crying in corner
12:00am: Jimmy Kimmel LOST special.

SpeedingUptoStop

BenjaminBirdie said:
Man nothing beats this shit over the piano part of No Place Like Home:

Yo, the island just ain't done with us dogg.
It's gotta bring us back
Gotta turn our hearts from evil to good
Out there man we all got a shot at redemption
But when it's all said and done
We'll end up just like the rest, man
Sayid
Jin and Sun
Ana Lucia
Michael
Charlie and Ilana
You gotta become a better person
So you can get blowned up
Or drowned
Or shot like the rest of em

Either way, man, ain't nothin' sadder than watching Hurley cry
And just remember
They can move the island
But never its place in my heart
Trust me on this.

It's like so dumb but, you know, it's like real shit, right?
This bit is the realest part. I never thought about it like that, but yea, most of the time, they become a good person, then immediately get murdered.:lol Pretty sad, really.

SpeedingUptoStop

Nameless said:
7 pm: 2 hour recap
9 pm: 2.5 hour finale
11:30: Local news/crying in corner
12:00am: Jimmy Kimmel LOST special.
Oh thank god the news is on. I don't want to imemdiately jump into Kimmel like that. Give me some alone time, please.

I really want a final print too but I think I'll wait until the finale. See what else crops up. My favorite part about the site is that they have so much stuff based on very recent stuff.

SpeedingUptoStop

"I, for one, never knew how much Tracy missed her hubby and 2 kids back in Fresno....Yet, she's sleeping next to good ol' Scott to keep her warm at night."
"That's Steve. Scott's dead."
"Whatever."

Best conversation ever? Maybe....may. be.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wait, is the recap at 7, eastern? I thought that's when the episode began.
I wish. It's gonna be looong night.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Wait what? Lost is ending?
You guys are crazy. Lost never ends :lol

Nameless

OneEightZero said:

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Oh thank god the news is on. I don't want to imemdiately jump into Kimmel like that. Give me some alone time, please.

Notice I didn't mention GAF. No one is discussing the very real possibility that there won't be a GAF after the finale....Just system failure and those damned numbers.

Veidt

Keyser Soze said:
What plane related movie should I watch before Lost airs?

I'm thinking The Terminal, Airplane or Final Destination.
Snakes...on...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I can't believe it's actually ending tonight. It's like my best friend is leaving town.

I no doubt will be an emotional fanboy wreck tomorrow.

Also, I had to make sure I posted on page 108

Catalix

Veidt said:
Imagine those passengers crashing on LOST Island.

It'd last one season. Maybe less.

SpeedingUptoStop

Nameless said:
Notice I didn't mention GAF. No one is discussing the very real possibility that there won't be a GAF after the finale....Just system failure and those damned numbers.

Scene, post-finale GAF disappointmentton.

SpeedingUptoStop, at laptop;

SPEEDINGUPTOSTOP: I'm sorry for whatever made you stop believing, GAF....but I've got to make it all go away now.

SpeedingUptoStop, inserts failsafe key into laptop, pauses.

SPEEDINGUPTOSTOP: I love you, Lost.

SpeedingUptoStop turns key.

White "500 - Internal Server Error" screen flashes up on screen, for all of Neo-GAF

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:

SPEEDINGUPTOSTOP: I'm sorry for whatever made you stop believing, GAF....but I've got to make it all go away now.

White "500 - Internal Server Error" screen flashes up on screen, for all of Neo-GAF

lost.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

SpeedingUptoStop said:

Scene, bottom of the thread.

BenjaminBirdie, crushed under rubble. Unconscious. Suddenly, he awakes, gasping for air, choking on blood. Crying. Sees a metal cylinder, with "FAILSAFE" painted on it in stencil. Grabs nearby rock and rolls towards the rock and the cylinder. He starts hitting it.

BENJAMINBIRDIE: Come on. COME ON. COME ON, YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Veidt

Ok lost-Gaf. I'm leaving you for a few hours. I'll need to sleep in now in order for me to watch it live with the US. See you on the other side.

*Wow, this is really the end, what will become of Lost-GAF after today?

Lorelei

Neo Member
Glad to see I'm not the only one who had a LOST dream last night as well.

I had a dream that I was in a large theatre in Atlantic City watching the finale from the front row. They showed an hour at a time, with intermissions. I watched the first hour, gambled a bit, went back to my seat before the second hour began and woke up. All I remember from the first hour was a scene in one of Hurley's chicken stores, and a Kate/Claire fight.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Veidt said:
Ok lost-Gaf. I'm leaving you for a few hours. I'll need to sleep in now in order for me to watch it live with the US. See you on the other side.

*Wow, this is really the end, what will become of Lost-GAF after today?
We'll discuss the finale for years, and use the power of fanfiction to construct a consensus for all the answers we didn't get.
:(

neoism said:
damn that dude can draw pretty good...
The second panel is hard to look at, and Claire and Kate both look more like Danielle Rousseau :/

Solo

duckroll said:
Solo, we don't have much time so you'll have to listen very carefully. All of this is happening because your friends left Lost-GAF after the finale thread got locked. You're going to have to bring them back. To do that, you're going to have to get banned.

The next time you post on GAF, I'm not going to recognize you. I need to take this Oldboy spoiler (PM'd), and post it in the first movie thread you see. You have to this Solo.

Richard told me I was going to have to die.

Catalix

Jocchan said:
The second panel is hard to look at, and Claire and Kate both look more like Danielle Rousseau :/
I like the style, but Claire looks like Linda Blair.

SpeedingUptoStop

Hm, ya know, when Lindelof answered the "why did the smoke monster try to kill Locke at the end of S1 by dragging him into the hole?" with some bullshit about how Smokey was testing them, it didn't sound right.

But watching it now, Locke does say "I think I was being tested, Jack." Maybe Lindelof really wasn't bullshitting..

Solo

Iceman said:
Jack would flash on either him pulling the trigger on Locke, or on opening his dad's casket on island and finding nothing/smashing it to pieces.. I'm guessing something Christian related...

Actually, I think I have Jack's flash figured out, from the LOST with the NY Times thing (or whatever it was, 11 part YouTube vid was posted here yesterday). Ill spoiler tag this, even though its just a theory.

Damon was asked about Desmond's "you gotta lift it up" to Jack in the stadium and if it had any meaning, and Damon responded that the asker of the question would be pleased in the finale. So, Im guessing Jack X and Desmond meet again, and for some reason, Desmond says that line, and it causes Jack to flash to that moment.

Just a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom