• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dead said:
Yeah, never understood the hate for those episodes. I suppose it helped I watched Season 3 in one go.
The main issue was the slow pacing. Lots of good stuff in there too, though.

Keyser Soze said:
I want freak outs by people reading tonight's episode name in the new thread

I thought this a bit earlier. Some people who don't watch will go into the OT, see "What They Died For" and be like damn they all died!?!

they wouldn't be far off from the truth either

RustyNails said:

I went into work this morning sick. Throwing up, sneezing, coughing erratically. I also had to drive there which is 30 minutes down the interstate at 7:00am.

Your turn. Get that fucking paper done.

Alucard

Banned
I want an avatar that says "Vote for Walt Being Special," but I can't ditch my current one because I lost a bet in NHL-GAF.

Solo

Blader5489 said:
God no.

They had their moments, but were, by and large, shitty.

A Tale of Two Cities is fantastic, I Do is the best Kate episode, The Cost of Living is awesome, etc. All from the first 6 of S3, which was the Hydra island stuff.

Solo

bionic77 said:
Ironic that a Locke fan would be advising him to study over Lost.

Sounds like you are now a man of Science!

Funny but true: Solo actually is a man of science. Im an engineer by profession, and Im an athiest.

gdt

Solo said:
A Tale of Two Cities is fantastic, I Do is the best Kate episode, The Cost of Living is awesome, etc. All from the first 6 of S3, which was the Hydra island stuff.

Agreed, but I Do is tied for best Kate episode.

The awesome Island stuff is brought down by it's terrible flashback.

But then brought up by how hot Lilly looked during it!

DUN DUN

Blader

Solo said:

I've already explained why this isn't the case.

KEEP UP SOLO

Lakitu

st5fu
I Do, best Kate episode? Possibly the worst, I like the Hydra arc, but besides the scene with Sawyer at gunpoint, it was pretty poor. The Cost of Living for example, is one of the best episodes of Season 3.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
gdt5016 said:
The WTDF thread won't even have a chance to fully mature :/. It gets cut short for the behemoth.
And it's supposedly one of the best of the season. Shame it can't marinate a little longer.

Blader5489 said:

KEEP UP SOLO

CueCard1.jpg

Best Kate episode is What Kate Does because she looked the hottest in it, and it has the dock scene. Also, creepy Ethan being Claire's baby doctor at the hospital was a hilariously spooky parallel considering the island events.

Man seriously, fuck the haters.

Nameless

The Hydra episodes were superb. Juliet in super creepy mode, The whole ruse with Sawyer's pacemaker, Kate in dat dress! Only problem is that they were separated from
the rest of the season by 3+ months. Translates much much better to DVD.

Blader

Lakitu said:
I Do, best Kate episode? Possibly the worst, I like the Hydra arc, but besides the scene with Sawyer at gunpoint, it was pretty poor. The Cost of Living for example, is one of the best episodes of Season 3.

A scene that rendered Sawyer's ep even more pointless than it already was.

Best Kate ep is Whatever Happened Happened.

After seeing so much of it in seasons 4 and 5... I wonder what's going on off the island now. For all the trouble Widmore went through to make the 815 crash look like a regular crash that people should stop investigating, surely the re-disappearance of five of the Oceanic Six over the South Pacific is drawing a lot of attention.
Alucard said:
P.S. How did Walt appear before John telling him that he's "got work to do," if Walt wasn't and isn't dead? Was John just hallucinating/hoping to see something? Seems pretty convenient with Jack seeing his dad and THAT being able to be explained by Smokey, but not Walt.
Maybe it was taller ghost Walt because Smokey just had to pick from some dead near-lookalike in his collection.

Lakitu

st5fu
Nameless said:
The Hydra episodes were superb. Juliet in super creepy mode, The whole ruse with Sawyer's pacemaker, Kate in dat dress! Only problem is that they were separated from
the rest of the season by 3+ months. Translates much much better to DVD.

I think the majority of Lost is better without any breaks. Especially Season 5, I didn't appreciate it much first time around but having seen it before Season 6 all in one go, it felt a bit better to me. There weren't too many standout episodes imo but it went better as a whole.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
"Whatever Happened, Happened" stands firmly atop the Kate-centric heap.

Solo

Blader5489 said:

KEEP UP SOLO

You didnt explain shit :lol
You called 3.01 "alright", 3.02/3.03 "not good", 3.04 a "waste of time", 3.05 "good" but irrelevant, and 3.06 "a good ending, but otherwise another dumb Kate episode".

Compelling arguments!

gdt

Not bullshit.

Oh, Marilyn Manson. Sometimes you use your MySpace blog to threaten journalists… and sometimes you use your Facebook to give us all the gift of your Lost fandom. Just after uploading his emaciated-goth portrait of John Locke, Manson posted a status update explaining that it was “a painting I did for Twiggy’s obsession.” And now, we can’t get the image of Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez sipping blood-red absinthe and watching Lost in their underwear on a black velvet couch in the Hollywood hills out of our head. We can only assume Manson is Team Smoke Monster.

marilyn-manson-john-locke2.png

Catalix

Lakitu said:
Whatever Happened, Happened or Tabula Rasa.
The Supermarket scene. Never forget.

Nameless

Lakitu said:
I think the majority of Lost is better without any breaks. Especially Season 5, I didn't appreciate it much first time around but having seen it before Season 6 all in one go, it felt a bit better to me. There weren't too many standout episodes imo but it went better as a whole.

True. I appreciated the entire show more after pumping through it in 7-8 weeks than I ever had(and it was already my favorite show). It just gels better and you really get to appreciate the subtle nuances of the story.

JGS

Banned
Dead said:
Yeah, never understood the hate for those episodes. I suppose it helped I watched Season 3 in one go.
At the time, it was almost too suspenseful. You didn't know how powerful/sinister Ben and Co. were. Plus the LOSTies were at their most disjointed. They focused primarilly on 3 of them and the bad guys. It was, at the time, UnLOST like.

I was loving it though.

Blader

Solo said:
You didnt explain shit :lol
You called 3.01 "alright", 3.02/3.03 "not good", 3.04 a "waste of time", 3.05 "good" but irrelevant, and 3.06 "a good ending, but otherwise another dumb Kate episode".

Compelling arguments!

Tale of Two Cities gets points for Ben and Juliet, but is dragged down by Jackfaces in a shark tank and bitchy Sarah Shepherd.

The Glass Ballerina was pointless. What did Sun's flashback even have to do with anything?

Further Instructions was lol-worthy, only thing of relevance was Locke getting his mojo back from dream-Boone.

Sawyer ep was an enormous waste of time. Flashbacks served no purpose, and the island plot was all about Ben trying to win Sawyer's respect, which was totally unnecessary since he gets his use out of Sawyer when Pickett merely holds him at gunpoint.

I Do..."I don't do Taco Night." 'nuff said.

SpacLock

I'm kind of confused about the schedule still. I never watch TV (except for hockey and baseball) so I'm not used to whack scheduling. I watched seasons 1-5 through Netflix, so this is my first season I actually have to wait per episode.

So one episode tonight, right? Then apparently another on Sunday?

JGS

Banned
Lakitu said:
I love the breaks because they build anticipation which is what I need for a series.

I'm hoping they do a massive 6 season Blu antholgy for me to pick up when it's over

Blader

SpacLock said:
I'm kind of confused about the schedule still. I never watch TV (except for hockey and baseball) so I'm not used to whack scheduling. I watched seasons 1-5 through Netflix, so this is my first season I actually have to wait per episode.

Yes.

Alucard

Banned
SpacLock said:

1 hour today. 2.5 hours on Sunday.

Nameless

Catalix said:
The Supermarket scene. Never forget.

Duuude. Happened to be extremely baked while rewatching the episode for the first time and the chick who was about to kidnap Aaron, and make no mistake she was defintely about to trunk the poor child, freaked me the fuck out. She just looks of a woman who would stab you in yousleep + her face was way too old for her voice.

Smoke Monster's daughter it has to be.

SpacLock said:

one episode tonight then 2 and a half series finale on Sunday

Blader

JGS said:
I love the breaks because they build anticipation which is what I need for a series.

I'm hoping they do a massive 6 season Blu antholgy for me to pick up when it's over

Complete series boxset is being released alongside the S6 set in August.

Nameless said:
Duuude. Happened to be extremely baked while rewatching the episode for the first time and the chick who was about to kidnap Aaron, and make no mistake she was defintely about to trunk the poor child, freaked me the fuck out. She just looks of a woman who would stab you in yousleep + her face was way too old for her voice.

Smoke Monster's daughter it has to be.
not+claire.jpg

Solo

I cant wait for the meltdown on Sunday. How many people will decide the ending was so awful that it retroactively ruins the whole show? How many people will jerk off so vigorously to the ending that they cant get it up for a month afterwards? How many people will get banned? How many LOST-GAF regulars will get banned? :lol

Solo said:
I cant wait for the meltdown on Sunday. How many people will decide the ending was so awful that it retroactively ruins the whole show? How many people will jerk off so vigorously to the ending that they cant get it up for a month afterwards? How many people will get banned? How many LOST-GAF regulars will get banned? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom