• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
I might have to agree with Solo. Nothing that actually happened AT the Temple was especially compelling, aside from Sayid being a badass of course.

EDIT: :lol

LOST-Across-the-Sea.jpg

Solo

ducky had to make the thread go away. But now it has been reborn!

Calcaneus said:
I think we can all agree though, the hatch/swan has to be the best set/location in the entire series.

Most def.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
User Name Posts
Solo 290
Arment 251
Zeliard 210
Blader5489 158
duckroll 156
Drealmcc0y 133
SpeedingUptoStop 129
Nameless 119
gdt5016 116
BenjaminBirdie 107
Dead 96
Catalix 94
Jocchan 91
brandonh83 81
neoism 76
big ander 76
thekad 73
TheGreatDave 71
Keyser Soze 68
Veidt 65
OneEightZero 59
KevinCow 53
Costanza 52
Jexhius 51
Yaweee 48
oatmeal 47
Spire 47
Jak140 46
Angry Grimace 46
Lakitu 46
JGS 45
omg rite 43
UraMallas 42
Alucard 41
InaudibleWhispa 40
Plinko 39
fireside 38
NimbusD 37
DoctorWho 37
cnizzle06 35
ZAK 35
RichardAM 35
Freyjadour 34
threenote 32
Calcaneus 32
bachikarn 31
Quincey 31
CartridgeBlower 31
Aesius 31
Brinbe 28
RustyNails 28
StuBurns 28
Tralfamadore64 28
bogg 28
G-Fex 27
VistraNorrez 27
John Harker 27
PhoncipleBone 25
Kurtofan 25

gdt

Hmm, I thought the Temple was an awesome set, but yeah, not the single best.

Single best would either be The Hatch or The Looking Glass...

Alucard

Banned
I'm just worried that I'm going to feel equally frustrated and happy re-watching this series from the beginning, once it's all said and done.

I'll be like, "Oh yeah! That makes sense!"

But then I'll be like "They didn't explain this...or this...or this...or that...WALT WALT WALT WHYYY...why is this here at all? How is this relevant? Why is the island special?" etc. etc.

Solo

Who wants to be the Jack to my Locke with respect to being post king? Like Locke, Ive done all the heavy lifting and gotten us this far, but I have been Ben Linus'd (might not watch live tonight because of NHL playoffs, and dont intend to discuss the finale for weeks after it airs like a lot of you will), and need someone to take credit for all my hard work.

So, who will it be? Speeding, are you him?

Guy 1
I'm going into The Hatch

Guy 2
Okay

Guy 1
Okay

Guy 2
You are now past the hatch

Guy 1
What

Guy2
You are past it, you are in the thing

Guy 1
What

Guy 2
The hatch is an openi....

Guy 1
What

Guy 2
Fuck you

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
Who wants to be the Jack to my Locke with respect to being post king? Like Locke, Ive done all the heavy lifting and gotten us this far, but I have been Ben Linus'd (might not watch live tonight because of NHL playoffs, and dont intend to discuss the finale for weeks after it airs like a lot of you will), and need someone to take credit for all my hard work.

So, who will it be? Speeding, are you him?
I think last week was the only episode this year where I got the top spot. I just don't know if I can do it. You know, pull my finger out of the damn like this.

Alucard

Banned
P.S. How did Walt appear before John telling him that he's "got work to do," if Walt wasn't and isn't dead? Was John just hallucinating/hoping to see something? Seems pretty convenient with Jack seeing his dad and THAT being able to be explained by Smokey, but not Walt.

Solo

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think last week was the only episode this year where I got the top spot. I just don't know if I can do it. You know, pull my finger out of the damn like this.

Someone has to protect the post count when Im gone fromt the island, brotha.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
brandonh83 said:
Okay I have to admit, I don't know why people call it the hatch. A hatch is just an opening or doorway or something. :lol
Yeah, a lot of the nicknames and buzzwords they tend to roll with are so contrived sometimes :lol

Zeliard

Catalix said:
Yeah, a lot of the nicknames and buzzwords they tend to roll with are so contrived sometimes :lol

Where did the term "smoke monster" originate? Is that what they called it in the early scripts? I was watching Lost back when Season 1 was running, but I don't remember.

duckroll

Alucard said:
P.S. How did Walt appear before John telling him that he's "got work to do," if Walt wasn't and isn't dead? Was John just hallucinating/hoping to see something? Seems pretty convenient with Jack seeing his dad and THAT being able to be explained by Smokey, but not Walt.

Smoke Monster. It wasn't a ghost either, since it could help Locke out of the pit.

Catalix said:

To be fair, in the show, they didn't really know what else to call it I guess, especially since to them, for the longest time it was just a hatch so I see how it stuck. But damn, it's still the equivalent of finding a random building and calling it "the door."

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Zeliard said:
Where did the term "smoke monster" originate? Is that what they called it in the early scripts? I was watching Lost back when Season 1 was running, but I don't remember.
Fan forums :lol

I want this thread to end. So much fighting, so much hate. It's sad to see an episode do this to us so close to the end. I hope tonight is an episode we can all love and enjoy.

Catalix

brandonh83 said:
To be fair, in the show, they didn't really know what else to call it I guess, especially since to them, for the longest time it was just a hatch so I see how it stuck. But damn, it's still the equivalent of finding a random building and calling it "the door."
I think "The Bunker" would've been a catchy enough name to replace "The Hatch," once the Losties became familiar with it.

But it was probably too late by that point. The Hatch had already reached pop culture status among the general audience, so the writers just stuck with it.

I could just imagine the script looking like an old RPG text bubble :lol

"We should stop by THE HATCH on our way back..."

Catalix said:
But it was probably too late by that point. The Hatch had already reached pop culture status among the general audience, so the writers just stuck with it.

the writers obviously don't care about the general public I mean did you see the last episode of LOST?

bogg

I think I'll start writing some fan-fiction. LOST: A vincent tale.

brandonh83 said:
the writers obviously don't care about the general public I mean did you see the last episode of LOST?
The candidate? I loved it.
tehehe

bionic77

brandonh83 said:
You can't make good anything if you just cater to the fans.

Lost is the biggest risk that network tv has probably ever taken and we have all been the beneficiaries of that risk for the last 6 years.

bionic77 said:
You can't make good anything if you just cater to the fans.

Lost is the biggest risk that network tv has probably ever taken and we have all been the beneficiaries of that risk for the last 6 years.

I was joking but yeah I agree.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
When's the next thread going up?
got my final exam tomorrow and wondering whether i should watch LOST before...or After...

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Alucard said:
Are we going to see Mr. Eko again?
fucking Cuselof better bring back ONE good black character after the shit they pulled this series.

Catalix

brandonh83 said:
Across the Sea proved the writers hate us all equally :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom