• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.16: "What They Died For"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Solo said:
Oh, Im sure someone will start a rewatch thread like 2 weeks after the finale airs :lol

Personally though? Ive already decided I will begin my rewatch on September 22, 2011. 16 whole months LOST-free.
Yeah, I feel you. An extended break from LOST sounds ideal. I don't want to get burnt out.

Solo said:
Your moderator says hi, thekad.
:lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i hope we do do a yearly rewatch like before season six started, that would be a nice tradition to keep if there is interest

Solo

Mr Cola said:
i hope we do do a yearly rewatch like before season six started, that would be a nice tradition to keep if there is interest

Im sure some could do it, but yearly is too much for me. Between time constraints and desire, it took me 6 months just to get through S1-S5 in last year's rewatch. I think Ill be rewatching LOST once every 3 years or so.

But Im just one end of the spectrum. Im sure there are some here who will never stop rewatching it.

Aesius

Dammit - it's still only noon here. Why couldn't I have slept longer :(

Oh well. I have RDR to keep me company until the glorious hour arrives.

Solo

TheGreatDave said:
I'm not a big rewatch guy. I've seen some episodes of Twin Peaks just the once. Obviously the big ones a lot more (the finale about 167 times)

Thats the same with me. There are a ton of LOST episodes Ive only seen like twice (first viewing and the rewatch), and then theres stuff like Walkabout, Deus Ex Machina, Live Together, Die Alone, Through The Looking Glass, The Constant, etc. that Ive seen like 10 times.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You know what the most re-watchable show ever is? Oz, oh and Deadwood

Must have seen those two through and through 15-20 times now

Mr Cola

TheGreatDave said:
I'm gonna watch Deadwood properly when Lost finishes. Seriously. For real this time. No lies.
One of the best shows ever, so immersive and well written, but bare in mind that the end was stifled and never quite finished because the directors couldnt get a deal working on the next season :(

After LOST, there is nothing else set to record on my DVR. All my shows are over for the summer.

I plan on catching up or getting into: Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Mad Men, Battlestar Galactica, Better off Ted, Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Friday Night Lights, FlashForward, Fringe, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield.

Feel free to add or remove shit off this list.

:D

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
TheGreatDave said:
I'm gonna watch Deadwood properly when Lost finishes. Seriously. For real this time. No lies.
Still trying to get a hold of that. Next on my list, for sure.

Solo

criesofthepast said:
I plan on catching up or getting into: Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Mad Men, Battlestar Galactica, Better off Ted, Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Friday Night Lights, FlashForward, Fringe, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield.

A vote for Chuck and especially Fringe, which is the closest thing to a LOST succesor we've got.

Mr Cola

criesofthepast said:
After LOST, there is nothing else set to record on my DVR. All my shows are over for the summer.

Supreme choice

If you havent seen "Oz" from HBO you owe it to yourself to see it, especially if you like lost (alot of Oz veterans are on lost :O...ALOT)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Skipped from Exodus to LA X because i don't think I'll have the time for much else.

I just noticed, when Ben goes out side of the foot to talk to Richard,he puts his arms up to over his chest in such an awkward way, to cover up the massive amount of blood on his shirt.:lol :lol :lol

Solo

Mr Cola said:
Supreme choice

If you havent seen "Oz" from HBO you owe it to yourself to see it, especially if you like lost (alot of Oz veterans are on lost :O...ALOT)

If you're not, you should watch Justified, because a) its fucking awesome, best new show this year, and b) it has A LOT of Deadwood alum in it (and has Seth Bullock as its lead)

Mr Cola

Solo said:
A vote for Chuck and especially Fringe, which is the closest thing to a LOST succesor we've got.
You say Fringe and recently ive been hearing good buzz about it, but the first 4 episodes didnt grab me at all, i saw the promise, but being a procedural show i just thought "well this is going to be years and years of cock teasing and no answers and i have lost for that.

Nameless

I can't wait to get into Fringe. I've purposefully resisted from watching it so I'd have something to tickle my LOST fancy after The End. Supernatural too.

Mr Cola

Solo said:
If you're not, you should watch Justified, because a) its fucking awesome, best new show this year, and b) it has A LOT of Deadwood alum in it (and has Seth Bullock as its lead)
Im slightly limited by what comes on Uktv, cant say ive heard of it but generally we only get the big guns over here :(

Catalix

criesofthepast said:

How'd that get in there :p

Otherwise, damn good list!

Solo

Mr Cola said:
You say Fringe and recently ive been hearing good buzz about it, but the first 4 episodes didnt grab me at all, i saw the promise, but being a procedural show i just thought "well this is going to be years and years of cock teasing and no answers and i have lost for that.

The first half of S1 is weak, but the back end is phenomenal. The first half of S2 is even weaker than the first half of S1, but the back end is even more phenomenal than the back end of S1.

tl;dr you have to take the bad with the oh so good in Fringe.

Fringe is on my rental list. I'll totally watch it. It sounds like it's turned in to a really fun show, but the pilot put me off watching it at all.

No one should watch Flashforward.

I should probably give Deadwood another chance. I remember watching an episode or two when it was airing years ago but I can't stand Timothy Olyphant's fucking face. I think I listed him in the "actors who's face you can't stand" thread.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mr Cola said:

Early on, Fringe is really...really rough. It's inconsistent as hell, but when it gets going it is quite good. Fringe is a pretty clear X-Files ripoff, though, not Lost. It's much more MOTW episodes mixed in with an overarching plot.

Mr Cola

Solo said:
The first half of S1 is weak, but the back end is phenomenal. The first half of S2 is even weaker than the first half of S1, but the back end is even more phenomenal than the back end of S1.

Seems to much of an investment. On the note of new shows has anyone seen Treme? Im guessing its another slow burn like the wire but it looked intriguing.

Mr Cola

criesofthepast said:
I should probably give Deadwood another chance. I remember watching an episode or two when it was airing years ago but I can't stand Timothy Olyphant's fucking face. I think I listed him in the "actors who's face you can't stand" thread.
Olyphant is...well yeah you can kind of ignore him 90% of the time, Ian Mcshane and the other cast steal the show so much its untrue. Deadwood takes a while to get used to but once you do i cant compare a show to it, every episode is so innovative and the plotlines, both the main and side are always intriguing. Cannot recommend it enough.

Catalix

Solo said:

I struggle so hard to get through the first few eps of Fringe, I've tried at least twice. But I guess I'll give it another shot.

Mr Cola said:
One of the best shows ever, so immersive and well written, but bare in mind that the end was stifled and never quite finished because the directors couldnt get a deal working on the next season :(

And yet it's still the best series finale ever. For the next few hours at least.

;D

Mr Cola

BenjaminBirdie said:
And yet it's still the best series finale ever. For the next few hours at least.

;D
Most jaw dropped season finale, end of season 1 of lost, just the "FUCKING SHOW ME INSIDE I CANT WAIT" factor. Closely followed by season 3, in retrospect some signs were there, i should have seen it coming but i was sold hook line and sinker until the end, i had 0 idea it was the future.

Mr Cola said:
Most jaw dropped season finale, end of season 1 of lost, just the "FUCKING SHOW ME INSIDE I CANT WAIT" factor. Closely followed by season 3, in retrospect some signs were there, i should have seen it coming but i was sold hook line and sinker until the end, i had 0 idea it was the future.

Series finale.

Mr Cola

BenjaminBirdie said:
Series finale.
Deadwoods series finale was horrible D: nothing happened, so much build up then nothing

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Seconding justified. great show already.

I'm moving onto Deadwood after i finish The Wire. only one season left to watch of that.

gdt

First half of Fringe S2 weaker than the first half of Fringe S1? Insanity.

S2 trumps S1 in pretty much every single way.

Turk said:

I watched it all yesterday, theres a big spoiler about someone who is returning in the finale

Turk said:
Times Talk Live - Behind the Scenes of Lost

This was broadcast in some theaters a couple days ago.
Contains some hints of spoilers.

Thanks! I know that I'm doing for the next two hours. I'd also like to know how to hide YouTube comments, but using Safari. Right now I just have my itunes window covering the comments.

neoism

Nameless said:
So much love & excitement on LOST-GAF right now. After tonight it will morph into hate & sadness w/ a tinge of stupidity.

*takes in the fresh air*
that is gaf's way.. sadly... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom