• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.09: "Ab Aeterno" (Translation: Perfect Abs Forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase

I doubt it's this episode since I'm in the UK, but this is the bumped thread. My wife is watching Lost (she stuck through it while I gave up midway through the second season). I just saw the scene where
some guy explains what's going on to some other guy. Wine=malevolence, bottle=island.
This is literally the first I've seen of the show since then.

All I can say is I'm glad I was able to enjoy an extra 90 or so hours in my life compared to you guys (or nearly four whole days) to get what I wanted out of this show after the first season.

Enjoy the last episodes!

Edit: actually I'm still wondering what the Polar bear was all about. Sorry, I guess not all of my questions were answered. Oopsie!

Blader

chase said:
All I can say is I'm glad I was able to enjoy an extra 90 or so hours in my life compared to you guys (or nearly four whole days) to get what I wanted out of this show after the first season.

Posting on GAF lolz

chase said:
I doubt it's this episode since I'm in the UK, but this is the bumped thread. My wife is watching Lost (she stuck through it while I gave up midway through the second season). I just saw the scene where
some guy explains what's going on to some other guy. Wine=malevolence, bottle=island.

Enjoy the last episodes!
uh... grats?

Costanza

Banned
chase said:

Enjoy the last episodes!
:lol

gdt

chase said:

Enjoy the last episodes!

...ok...?

chase said:

Enjoy the last episodes!

Edit: actually I'm still wondering what the Polar bear was all about. Sorry, I guess not all of my questions were answered. Oopsie!

FuDGM.gif

RevoDS

chase said:
Actually, the whole first half of season 3 (and then some in season 5) explained just that.

bionic77

Solo said:
Indeed. Kate would suddenly be my favorite character if this was on HBO :lol :lol
Would the show be better or worse if it contained graphic and abundant nudity?

I am trying to imagine the "Spartacus" version of LOST and it seems like it would hard to take it as seriously if Kate and Juliet were walking around topless or taking turns banging Sawyer and Jack every other episode.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bionic77 said:

I am trying to imagine the "Spartacus" version of LOST and it seems like it would hard to take it as seriously if Kate and Juliet were walking around topless or taking turns banging Sawyer and Jack every other episode.

You're thinking of the wrong Cable channel. Think ROME

chase said:

Enjoy the last episodes!

What exactly are you trying to say?

"I used to ski, but then I stopped for 10 years, and skiied again this past weekend. Lol, good job wasting countless hours enjoying yourself over the last decade, and I managed to enjoy myself by only skiing once every 10 years"

....I can't even make a proper analogy, you don't make any sense.

Maybe this one?

"I bought the new X CD. I listened to the first track and gave up. Recently, I listened to the last track which explained the entire CD. All I can say is I'm glad I was able to enjoy an extra 40 or so minutes in my life compared to you guys to get what I wanted out of this CD after the first track."

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I think the Polar Bear stuff has been explained pretty well throughout the show. I don't think there's any need to explain it further.

- Polar Bears are kept in cages and are trained to do tasks for treats
- Polar Bears are then transferred to the frozen donkey wheel where, unlike most animals, they are cool with the cold, and push the wheel to move the island
- Polar Bears teleport to Tunisia or wherever the fuck, where Charlotte finds a polar bear skeleton w/ dharma branding
- One of the polar bears escaped from the cages, and attacked Kate, Sawyer etc in Episode 2
- Well guess what, I just shot a damn bear!

neoism

Solid Moustache said:
How do you get the post count for people in this thread?
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,925
User Name Posts
gdt5016 122
Nameless 108
TheGreatDave 100
Blader5489 95
SpeedingUptoStop 79
Catalix 66
threenote 57
JGS 54
InaudibleWhispa 47
Tim-E 46
Archaix 44
Jibril 41
neoism 41
DeathNote 39
Zeliard 39
brianjones 39
Costanza 38
omg rite 37
thekad 35
Solo 34
Jtwo 33
Quincey 32
DoctorWho 31

chase

Cool your jets, men! It's all a-ok! I'm just saying I got what I wanted out of it. I'm glad you guys know more about Jack not liking his Dad and Hurley winning the lottery and whatever went on in Meriadoc Brandybuck's band. I'm just saying I got what I wanted out of the show, in 10 minutes, completely out of chance. I thought it was hilarious that, by chance, the first thing I've seen in 4 or 5 years explained what I was interested in. This is the Lost thread, right?

Don't take it personally. I'm glad you guys know what the numbers are for and what happened to Walt. I'm sure your understanding of this television program runs much, much deeper than does mine.

chase said:
Cool your jets, men! It's all a-ok! I'm just saying I got what I wanted out of it. I'm glad you guys know more about Jack not liking his Dad and Hurley winning the lottery and whatever went on in Meriadoc Brandybuck's band. I'm just saying I got what I wanted out of the show, in 10 minutes, completely out of chance. I thought it was hilarious that, by chance, the first thing I've seen in 4 or 5 years explained what I was interested in. This is the Lost thread, right?

Don't take it personally. I'm glad you guys know what the numbers are for and what happened to Walt. I'm sure your understanding of this television program runs much, much deeper than does mine.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The last 5 years have been flashbacks answering mysteries such as "how did jack get his tattoos" and "why did walt skip 2nd grade". My personal favorite was the season 3 thriller "Frogurt tried to go on a date". A close second would be "Ben tried to become school principal"

panda21

McBacon said:
I think the Polar Bear stuff has been explained pretty well throughout the show. I don't think there's any need to explain it further.

- Polar Bears are kept in cages and are trained to do tasks for treats
- Polar Bears are then transferred to the frozen donkey wheel where, unlike most animals, they are cool with the cold, and push the wheel to move the island
- Polar Bears teleport to Tunisia or wherever the fuck, where Charlotte finds a polar bear skeleton w/ dharma branding
- One of the polar bears escaped from the cages, and attacked Kate, Sawyer etc in Episode 2
- Well guess what, I just shot a damn bear!

???

the donkey wheel was walled up behind the dharma station under the greenhouse place though, unless they built that after they did the polar bear thing.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
chase said:
I thought it was hilarious that, by chance, the first thing I've seen in 4 or 5 years explained what I was interested in.
Everything except the polar bears, right?

Blader

panda21 said:
???

the donkey wheel was walled up behind the dharma station under the greenhouse place though, unless they built that after they did the polar bear thing.

Probably.

The ladder and Chang's parka in the station kind of point to Dharma, at some point, having access to the wheel.

chase said:

The bottle doesn't equal the island. The island is the cork.

To people that have watched all 6 seasons... that wine analogy has numerous questions. It's pretty vague. After watching just a season, knowing the island prevents evil from releasing is pointless.

The first episode of season 2 is amazing. Not watching it and not getting introduced character is very unfortunate for you.

big ander

chase said:

Enjoy the last episodes!

1256598313.jpg

Solo

bionic77 said:

If Evangeline Lilly were naked every episode and getting a train run on her, the show would be 10x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom