• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mahouka |OT| Not the anime we needed, but the anime we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggest problem with the show is that, well it doesn't feel like a show, it feels more like... a visual novel, or something. nothing is happening, as in there is barely any 'animation', people just chilling in rooms talking about stuff. Kinda like what turned me off ghost in the shell SAC (The movies were finite length but the show was too boring/long). Seems like things might be moving though.

also, the show is infinitely... slightly more interesting if you read a bit of the novel which are fan translated (not sure what gaf policies are on fantranslated LN's)

I recently started watching this and so far I like it.

I can't get over how stoic the main protagonist is (I was expecting the reckless shounen type so it's a welcome change).

So far the sibling love stuff has been confined to a few comedy moments and I'm mostly watching for the same reason that I watched Death Note and Code Geass. That is to say it's enjoyable because despite knowing that the protagonist is likely going to curbstomp everything (except that guy at the end of the OP I presume) the fun is in trying to guess at how that gets accomplished in each situation.

Liked how they adapted the first arc. Main issues from it probably stem from the writer getting suited to the print novel format versus the webserialization that it was and trying to expand some issues from that, as well as potentially being his first novel. In any event, they did a solid job with bringing it to life in the anime. I imagine if one could redo it, more action would have happened in he middle episodes instead of skewing it more towards episodes 6 and 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom