• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medai Create sales May 15-21

cvxfreak

According to Sinobi, sales of Brain Training 2, Tetris DS and English Training DS shot up for the week. NSMB has reinvigorated the DS market as a whole!

cvxfreak said:
According to Sinobi, sales of Brain Training 2, Tetris DS and English Training DS shot up for the week. NSMB has reinvigorated the DS market as a whole!

<amazing race hippy voice>
Damn those nongames!
</amazing race hippy voice>

Poor PSP. As if being outsold by 7x wasnt enough.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Other games released:
PSP Boxer's Road 2 The Real 2006-05-25 6090 yen Ertain
DS Daisenryaku DS 2006-05-25 5040 yen Genki
PSP Itadaki Street Portable 2006-05-25 5040 yen Square Enix
PSP Kamaitachi no Yoru 2: Special Edition 2006-05-25 5040 yen Sega
PS2 Kimi Kiss 2006-05-25 7140 yen Enterbrain
DS King Kong 2006-05-25 5040 yen Ubisoft
PSP Magna Carta Portable 2006-05-25 5040 yen Banpresto
DS Mawashite Tsunagaru Touch Panic 2006-05-25 3800 yen Nintendo
DS New Super Mario Bros. 2006-05-25 4800 yen Nintendo
PSP Nouryoku Trainer Portable 2 2006-05-25 2940 yen Sega
GC Radirgy GeneriC 2006-05-25 6090 yen Milestone
PS2 Radirgy PreciouS 2006-05-25 6090 yen Milestone
PS2 Street Fighter Zero: Fighter's Generation 2006-05-25 5040 yen Capcom
PS2 TT Superbikes 2006-05-25 6090 yen Taito
PSP Talkman Euro 2006-05-25 6090 yen SCE
PS2 Uchuu Keiji Tamashii 2006-05-25 7140 yen Namco Bandai

Do you think anything else beat the DS games? Maybe Itadaki Street Portable, Magna Carta Portable, Street Fighter Zero: Fighter's Generation, & Nouryoku Trainer Portable 2?

cvxfreak

I think the only game with a good chance of charting is Itadaki Street Portable.

But I fully expect New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Brain Training 1, Brain Training 2, English Training DS and maybe Mario Kart DS to be on the chart.

cvxfreak said:
I think the only game with a good chance of charting is Itadaki Street Portable.

But I fully expect New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Brain Training 1, Brain Training 2, English Training DS and maybe Mario Kart DS to be on the chart.
...what about AC:WW!?!! How could you forget???

ziran

neo2046 said:
http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/
sinobi says it is around 300,000 units of DS Lite sold this week
:O

amazing!

interestingly, there was a report at www.gamefront.de today saying nintendo seems to have stopped production of the original ds. it goes on to say this theory comes from japanese wholesalers as they haven't received stock of this model for some time, only ds lites, but nintendo hasn't confirmed anything.

it wouldn't surprise me. ds has been selling at such a rate in japan maybe stocks of the original ds have been extinguished far quicker than nintendo anticipated.

KINGMOKU

Juice said:
Wow... that's more brain trainings than gamecubes....

:(
Took me a second to figure out what you where saying(I'm a little slow) and now that it's sunk in, I wonder what they think about that inside of Nintendo?

It almost seems unreal that the DS has become the monster of monsters, when it seemed everyone thought it would bomb, and people laughed at it.

If the Wii is exactly half as successfull as the DS, it will out sell the Gamecube in what, 18months?

Can anyone pinpoint when, and how the DS became the ultimate Beast?

ziran

moku said:
i'd guess it began last april with nintendogs and then brain training, but the real amazing sales started around nov 05.

RaijinFY

cvxfreak said:

It's like It will never end...

lancubap

Emotions said:
No, they're fake made up by the poor delusional Nintards who can't get over the idea of their precious Nintendo going bankrupt.

Oh my.....

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Emotions said:
No, they're fake made up by the poor delusional Nintards who can't get over the idea of their precious Nintendo going bankrupt.

:lol :lol :lol

BTW aren't shinobi's number usually a lot lower than media-create's?

Mrbob

DS is a monster in Japan indeed.

I shall be joining the DS Lite family June 11. I already have NSMB, just waiting for the system.

RaijinFY

But really that's truly INSANE!! :eek:

I mean It's like japanese people have been sequestered for 10 years and now Nintendo DS is like the third coming of Jesus Christ I swear. :lol

monkeyrun

moku said:
hoppy-easter.jpg

Meier

snatches said:
How long before the DS outsells the GBA/GBASP/MICRO?

What is the combined sales of the three GBA platforms?

GBA is just under 16 million in Japan across all iterations -- the DS will be at something like 8.7 million I believe if the 300k number holds up... at the rate it's selling, it could easily surpass the GBA in less than a year (possibly as soon as the New Year).

SantaC

Mrbob said:
Yes I know but I cannot resist a new 2D Mario. Many Nintendo fans seem to hate it which means I'll probably love it. :D

pfft NSMB is awesome. Me and my friend had fun with the in it multiplayer today :D

300K DS lite in 1 week is like WOW. I said wow!

Emotions

Mrbob said:
Yes I know but I cannot resist a new 2D Mario. Many Nintendo fans seem to hate it which means I'll probably love it. :D

I'm a Nintendo fan and i love the game. :D

cvxfreak said:
DS will definitely surpass the PSone and Famicom in the long run, too. Amazing.

I like the sound of that, go DS go.

snatches

Meier said:
GBA is just under 16 million in Japan across all iterations -- the DS will be at something like 8.7 million I believe if the 300k number holds up... at the rate it's selling, it could easily surpass the GBA in less than a year (possibly as soon as the New Year).

Thanks, the Japan total was what I was after. Guaranteed by the end of 2007 it will pass the GBA number. Unbelievable when you consider the popularity of the GBA in Japan just a few years ago. When is Pokemon D/P due out in Japan?

cvxfreak

snatches said:
Thanks, the Japan total was what I was after. Guaranteed by the end of 2007 it will pass the GBA number. Unbelievable when you consider the popularity of the GBA in Japan just a few years ago. When is Pokemon D/P due out in Japan?

This fall.

I'm surprised Pokemon is coming this early. I expected it in November, not in the fall. Nintendo would only release it in the fall if they had other games to back the DS on in the winter.

Which is a scary thought when it comes to the sales figures.

Emotions

cvxfreak said:
This fall.

I'm surprised Pokemon is coming this early. I expected it in November, not in the fall. Nintendo would only release it in the fall if they had other games to back the DS on in the winter.

They probably have some gems under wraps right now that we don't know about for the winter, we'll probably know more at TGS.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
my tag sucks. bah.

anywho, I bumped the thread specifically because I was laughed at when I said NSMB would sell out of its 800K initial shipment. and I was right. when the new numbers come out I will post in there as well (for official gloating) but in the meantime I wanted to post where I was called crazy for thinknig NSMB would do 800K+

and at least if you are going to give me a gay tag make it colorful (note: not gay).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
snatches said:
Using the Media Create totals that were sent out before (cvxfreak started a thread for them, they're slightly different than our running totals) the LTD's through May 21st are.

GBA - 8,822,323
GBASP - 5,832,154
GBM - 509,893
Combined - 15,164,370

DS - 6,510,201
DSL - 1,635,468
Combined - 8,145,669

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
This fall.

Fall = September 23 to December 21. ;)

Top Bottom