• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medai Create sales May 15-21

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what was the last good 3rd party DS game aside from Contact in Japan?

The part of Monorojo will be played by Pheonix Dark. The use of logic will be strictly prohibited. Thank you and enjoy the show.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Rlan said:
Market watchers have suggested a possibility of "fucking shitloads".

Is there a chance NSMB will break a million in a week? When I think shitloads, I think FF shitloads.

Terrell

PhoenixDark said:
Where's the third party support? I don't see how anyone could consider this a success of any kind.

I'm sure there are at least 2 third party PSP games in the top 50, which will lead to more support from developers, thus more good games which will eventually make the DS obsolete. That's where the true battle is.
I know you're just trying to imitate Momojoro and all, but really... yeah, 2 PSP games in the Top 50? Even I know there will be more than that, just like I expect a bunch of 3rd-party DS stuff on the list outselling said PSP titles.

Why is anyone imitating that buffoon, anyways? It's not like the original Momojoro was all that funny, the gag was SO played out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Is there a chance NSMB will break a million in a week? When I think shitloads, I think FF shitloads.

It's possible for a million in the first week. While having amazing legs. I feel it could outsell FFXII.

Bebpo

Banned
Nice, nice, nice for G.U.

You have to consider that the budget for the THREE G.U. games is about the same as one standard rpg, so the fact they're gonna sell over 100k copies at $70 x 3 games means G.U. is a success and since the game is :D I'm happy.

Burnst

jamesinclair said:
So will the fat DS be back at 20,000 this week, or closer to 57 units?

Sales for that thing are crazy.
They must be changing the DS to DS lite production while we speak.

Crocodile

OBJ018.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oblivion said:
It's possible for a million in the first week. While having amazing legs. I feel it could outsell FFXII.

Bah, like that's an achievement! Animal Crossing outsold FFXII! And that game sucks!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Bah, like that's an achievement! Animal Crossing outsold FFXII! And that game sucks!

Well, the reason I mentioned FFXII is because I don't think it'll sell better than AC. Hopefully I'm wrong. :/

mutsu

PhoenixDark said:
The DS has little to no third party sales. When you take Tamigotchi and Nataru out the picture, the numbers are terrible.

Actually, according to last week's Dengeki chart, there are 6 3rd party games on the DS, and also 6 3rd party PSP games there.

But a majority of the PSP games are lower in position than the DS ones.

Woot .hack rocks the house in Japan. Hopefully the strong sales will insure we actually get a "the world" game in the future once Vr helmets become afordable.

Aurora said:
It'll be interesting to see NSMB's first week sales.

Considering Japan is obsessed with non games, I doubt they'll give real games a chance. NSMB would be lucky to garner 300,000 this year.

Non games are causing diminishing returns. Luckily there are some interesting third party PSP games on the horizon.

no WE?? :( hopefully it pops back up with world cup.

also, i really feel that Tetris numbers are pretty crummy. I was expecting it to come through much stronger.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
meltpotato said:
no WE?? :( hopefully it pops back up with world cup.

also, i really feel that Tetris numbers are pretty crummy. I was expecting it to come through much stronger.
Considering Tetris DS has sold like 90,000 in two months in the US, half a million in a few weeks isn't that bad.

PhoenixDark said:
Considering Japan is obsessed with non games, I doubt they'll give real games a chance. NSMB would be lucky to garner 300,000 this year.

Non games are causing diminishing returns. Luckily there are some interesting third party PSP games on the horizon.

Wow ! The acting is absolutely perfect :lol !...

mj1108

Clever Pun said:
The part of Monorojo will be played by Pheonix Dark. The use of logic will be strictly prohibited. Thank you and enjoy the show.
:lol :lol He's done well! Give him an Oscar!

As for sales..... next week at least 8 DS games on the chart -- count on it. :p

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
mj1108 said:
Maybe we could just unban him for Wednesday's and Thursday's then reban him Friday.
Maybe! But seriously, I am reading through the sales archives, and his spin was hillarious.

PhoenixDark said:

:lol :lol :lol
Loco Roco am sell 3 million, you heard it first.

Polari

Is Pokemon this year too? That's some pretty amazing momentum they've got going if it is. New SMB is going to be huge.

Polari said:
Is Pokemon this year too? That's some pretty amazing momentum they've got going if it is. New SMB is going to be huge.

The Pokemon series is on a steep decline. Diamond/Pearl will sell two million overall, which will be ok. If it does anything, it will further suffocate third party sales, causing the PSP to gain more support.

Monster Hunter is the only real portable franchise in Japan. Capcom must be pleased; there are already rumors of a PSP version of RE5 floating around.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Non-rounded.

1 PS2 hack//G.U. Vol. 1 - 90,946 NEW
2 NDS Brain training 2 - 61,679 (2,280,977)
3 NDS Tetris DS - 50,937 (498,857)
4 NDS Brain training - 45,196 (2,220,142)
5 PS2 Winning Eleven 10 - 44,530 (656,508)
6 NDS Animal Crossing - 33,470 (2,709,487)
7 PS2 Powerful Major League - 33,278 (122,814)
8 NDS English training - 29,250 (1,055,274)
9 NDS Pokemon Ranger - 17,935 (531,841)
10 NDS Mario Kart DS - 16,119 (1,383,408)

Someone can translate 11-30 and when I mean translate I mean all of them. If you can't translate all of them then let someone else do it. It's fucking annoying when only part of it is done. If only a part is going to be done then I could do it.

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

lordmrw

PhoenixDark said:
The Pokemon series is on a steep decline. Diamond/Pearl will sell two million overall, which will be ok. If it does anything, it will further suffocate third party sales, causing the PSP to gain more support.

Monster Hunter is the only real portable franchise in Japan. Capcom must be pleased; there are already rumors of a PSP version of RE5 floating around.

Damn, that was good. You almost had me fooled at first. heh.

Raw64life

Fuzzy said:
Non-rounded.

Someone can translate 11-30 and when I mean translate I mean all of them. If you can't translate all of them then let someone else do it. It's fucking annoying when only part of it is done. If only a part is going to be done then I could do it.

11. ???
12. ???
13. ???
14. Mother 3
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???
18. ???
19. ???
20. ???
21. ???
22. ???
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???
27. ???
28. ???
29. ???
30. ???

Someone who knows Japanese better can translate the rest.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Non-rounded.

11. Beatmania II DX 11 II DX RED (WTFFFFFF)
12. Calchobit
13. Namco Right Brain Training: Point Blank Training
14. Mother 3
15. Kanji Sonomama DS Rakubiki Jiten
16. Dragon Quest Shonen Yangus & Fushigi no Dungeon

Sorry that's all I can do. :(

EDIT:

17. Big Brain Academy
18. Okami
19. Final Fantasy XII
20. Naruto 4 DS
21. Monster Hunter Portable
22. Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop
23. Kazuo
24. Seiken Densetsu DS CHILDREN of MANA
25. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable
26. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai
27. Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros.
28. Animal Yokochou: Doki*Doki Shinkyuu Shiken! no Kan
29. Mother 1 + 2
30. Dare Demo Asobi Taizen

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Raw64life said:
11. ???
12. ???
13. ???
14. Mother 3
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???
18. ???
19. ???
20. ???
21. ???
22. ???
23. ???
24. ???
25. ???
26. ???
27. ???
28. ???
29. ???
30. ???

Someone who knows Japanese better can translate the rest.
:lol

cvxfreak

Eddz said:
Climb, climb, climb into that top 20.

Nintendo ought to port the All-Stars version to the GBA as well and then release it. I'm sure it would sell very well. Likewise, Nintendo ought to do a reprint of Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels) as well.

Top Bottom