• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medai Create sales May 15-21

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
the androgyne said:
Maybe not huh! Longest legs ever.
Even still, according to the last monthly chart that was posted (for March) it was only at 1.1-1.2 million. NSMB will outsell that.

Tadaima

cvxfreak said:
Nintendo ought to port the All-Stars version to the GBA as well and then release it. I'm sure it would sell very well. Likewise, Nintendo ought to do a reprint of Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels) as well.

Great idea, but with Virtual Console right around the corner, it might be a little late?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Namco Right Brain Training: Point Blank Training

oh forgot about this, bought it last week - it's really fun! Works really well.

And Calciobit or whaterver it's called (the football game for GBA) also totally awesome - about as close to a lightweight fun/cute Football Mananger (C64 edition) as you can get.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
cvxfreak said:
27. Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros.

:lol OMG NSMB will be huge.

cvxfreak said:
13. Namco Right Brain Training: Point Blank Training

Is that really its name?? Are they being satirical here or honestly trying to play off of BT's success?

DCharlie said:
oh forgot about this, bought it last week - it's really fun! Works really well.
After playing those pseudo-shooting bits in Super Princess Peach (the ones that pop up before the bosses), I realised that Point Blank could be pretty amusing on the DS.

cvxfreak

Danthrax said:
:lol OMG NSMB will be huge.

Is that really its name?? Are they being satirical here or honestly trying to play off of BT's success?

I translated a little too quickly into English.

The Japanese name is Unou no Tatsujin: Gambare 'trainer.

A better translation is Right Brain Expert: Point Blank Trainer.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
cvxfreak said:
I translated a little too quickly into English.

The Japanese name is Unou no Tatsujin: Gambare 'trainer.

A better translation is Right Brain Expert: Point Blank Trainer.

I gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Still feels like they're trying to capitalize on the BT craze with the word "trainer" in there -- which is a smart idea, I suppose.

Fuzzy said:
Even still, according to the last monthly chart that was posted (for March) it was only at 1.1-1.2 million. NSMB will outsell that.

Yeah you're right about that. I meant legs though as in 20 years, as it's the same game and still popular :)

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
cvxfreak said:
27. Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros.

It'd be really funny if this was just people thinking they were getting New Super Mario Bros and just weren't paying attention.

cvxfreak

Looks like Pokemon Ranger may stick around the charts until July -- that's when the Ranger movie comes out. It's connectivity with Diamond and Pearl has also been promoted lately.

Tadaima

cvxfreak said:
Looks like Pokemon Ranger may stick around the charts until July -- that's when the Ranger movie comes out. It's connectivity with Diamond and Pearl has also been promoted lately.

I think it'll stick around (Mario Kart DS style) until D&P are released. Then who knows - it may float around in the top ten with D&P, or slowly fall out of the top 30.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
cvxfreak said:

It's connectivity is promoted in its title. The game bugs me, its whole purpose is to just get people ready for Diamon and Pearl. I might like it if I cared about pokemon.

Rlan

Danthrax said:
I gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Still feels like they're trying to capitalize on the BT craze with the word "trainer" in there -- which is a smart idea, I suppose.

Considering their last two "cheaply made but great" games, ie; Pac 'N Roll, and Dig Dug: Digging Strike bombed tremendously, It's no wonder.

Pac 'N Roll did pretty bad in America, like 30,000 last time I saw Dig Dug was dead on arrival: Elf Bowling sold better than it.

Frankfurter said:
CoM has really, really good legs.

stacy_keibler_1_ps5.jpg

Her legs are better.

ioi

Banned
New Mario Bros could do anything from 500k-1m in its first week I reckon.

COM is at about 250k now, which isn't bad really, and Famicom Mini: SMB has done around 1.3m, which for a straight port of a 20 year old game really is amazing.

Doogdogg

ioi said:
New Mario Bros could do anything from 500k-1m in its first week I reckon.

COM is at about 250k now, which isn't bad really, and Famicom Mini: SMB has done around 1.3m, which for a straight port of a 20 year old game really is amazing.

if that isn't amazing, i don't know what is.

How many times has Nintendo re-package SMB? :O SMB DX (GBC) did like 3 million in the US.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
damn, I can't believe there are five 1m+ sellers on the DS still in the top10, and three of them are 2m+. Nintendo's games are selling amazingly well, and we haven't even seen NSMB and Pokemon

ioi

Banned
MrSardonic said:
damn, I can't believe there are five 1m+ sellers on the DS still in the top10, and three of them are 2m+. Nintendo's games are selling amazingly well, and we haven't even seen NSMB and Pokemon

Well the other impressive thing is that the other two DS games have a decent shot at doing 1m as well (assuming Pokemon Rangers gets a bump with the movie)...

Rlan

The console sales figures are taking their time to show up anywere. Don't they usually pop up straight after the top 30?

Archie said:
won't even make the top 30

Don't be crazy. It'll be in the top ten, but I expect it to be outsold by the combined PSP third party titles in the top 20-30.

Predictions:

NSMB: 50k

21. Monster Hunter Portable: 20k
25. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable: 16k
26. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai: 12k
28. Animal Yokochou: Doki*Doki Shinkyuu Shiken! no Kan: 10k

Combined sales=58k

Therefore...
PSP third party>NSMB

A pretty telling stat. Clearly Mario has lost his credibility in Japan. Looking at this trend, the future looks quite bleak for Mario in Space on the Wii.

Jokeropia

Sales are up from last week but still pretty low compared to the rest of the year. Spring/Summer is a slow period for video games, I suppose. In either case, very strong performance by the DS as usual.

Also, kudos to PhoenixDark for being the best Monorojo impersonator ever. :lol

Shalomi said:
Sooo...HW numbers yet?

I can't wait to see them either. During Golden Weeks, many older Japanese people buy gifts for people, and give them money. Now that the older people have used up their money, I'm confident that DSL sales will decrease. A non gamer can't buy non games if he/she doesn't have any money, right?

The younger people and hardcore gamers prefer the PSP, and it will show in the HW sales.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Is PhoenixDark/Monorojo the same deal as JackFrost/Drinky Crow?

Wow, the japanese game market is going to hell. Hopefully PS3 manages to reignite the console market over there, it´s very depressing to see DS games dominating the chart.

Logan Cano said:
Wow, the japanese game market is going to hell. Hopefully PS3 manages to reignite the console market over there, it´s very depressing to see DS games dominating the chart.

The dominating games are really fun to play..! It's all about the fun, not the standard games..

Shalomi said:
Sooo...HW numbers yet?
Usually as soon as they become available, several people rush to try and be the first to post them. If we had to wait more than a few minutes for them after they'd become available, I'd suspect a global conspiracy to silence them.

Top Bottom