• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 18 - 24 Dec

cvxfreak

When AniHawk feels like it, bitches.

fuzzy.php

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
sonycowboy said:
THose sound like pretty rounded numbers, but if true that would put the last weeks numbers @:

Wii 177k
PS3 115k
Hm... wii software ranked higher than the week before though.

donny2112

Elios83 said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

Sinobi had updated his numbers. From what I was able to understand with google 2006 ended with Wii at 1 million and PS3 at 500k but a better translation is needed :D

sinobi said:
the degree of December sum total sale quantity reached approximately 30 ten thousand units. Because degree of November sum total was approximately 17 ten thousand units, to presently total reaches approximately 50 ten thousand units or less.

What he's saying is that the PS3 sold 300K in December and 170K in November to approximately reach 500K. It's really 470K which puts the PS3 at 85K for last week.

However, it should be noted that we're mixing Dengeki and Media-Create numbers here.

Also, he has Formula One Championship for the PS3 at 10K for the week.

For the 360, he said it is at 5-digits this week again with about 100K for December.

I like this line.

sinobi said:
As for topic of Microsoft this year that you think whether "to some extent abandoning light/write user acquisition" is not. If only railroad crossing it is attached, by all means there is a road which survives.

I interpret that to say that Microsoft hasn't given up on Japan, but then he mentions something about them being attached to a railroad crossing. :lol

linsivvi

cvxfreak said:
Yeah, Rockman is a little puzzling. I was expecting the three versions to rival Monster Hunter Portable's phenomenal success on the PSP. I think they'll go on to sell for the whole month of January. Hopefully with only two versions this time, saving the third for half a year later or something.

I think it's a combination of people finally getting tired of the frequent sequels, not liking the 3D graphics and too much competitions of similar games during the Christmas period. Between Pokemon and DQ:MJ, many people already have their hands full on collect-a-thon kind of games. Hopefully it will fare better in January...

It seems the NPD ninjas have managed shut down the Japanese sales trackers too...
I don't remember ever waiting this long for x'mas & new years week sales from even Famitsu much less m-create, I hope the weeks won't be tripled-over (12/18/06-1/7/07)...

jimbo

Banned
PantherLotus said:
We can't even get preliminary numbers? :(

I guess I'll post these in here too since it may just draw enough controversy for the real numbers to somehow show up. These are numbers derived from the Famitsu reported LTD as of the end of 2006 minus the Media Create numbers LTD except the last week of the year.

Ok, assuming Famitsu LTD and Media Create LTD are anywhere close, then we can guesstimate the last week of 2006 hardware numbers.

They would be:
Wii: 165, 807(-59%) 989,118 Famitsu LTD - 823,311 MC LTD
PS3 80, 585(+4%) = 466,716 Famitsu LTD - 385,831 MC LTD
Xbox 360: 42,484 (+146%) = 290,467 Famitsu LTD - 247,783 MC LTD

Previous week's numbers:
Wii 279,277
PS3 76,882
Xbox360 17,213

jimbo said:
I guess I'll post these in here too since it may just draw enough controversy for the real numbers to somehow show up. These are numbers derived from the Famitsu reported LTD as of the end of 2006 minus the Media Create numbers LTD except the last week of the year.

Ok, assuming Famitsu LTD and Media Create LTD are anywhere close, then we can guesstimate the last week of 2006 hardware numbers.

They would be:
Wii: 165, 807(-59%) 989,118 Famitsu LTD - 823,311 MC LTD
PS3 80, 585(+4%) = 466,716 Famitsu LTD - 385,831 MC LTD
Xbox 360: 42,484 (+146%) = 290,467 Famitsu LTD - 247,783 MC LTD

Previous week's numbers:
Wii 279,277
PS3 76,882
Xbox360 17,213

Famitsu and M-create LTD on hardware are not the same thing. There are differences every week. Thus that extrapolation doesn't work.

Top Bottom