• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MEGADETH, AEROSMITH Added To 'Guitar Hero II'

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think at least it's possible still. I wouldn't think they would go through the trouble of recording their own version and coding it if there were some licensing issues or something. We'll see though.

Let me put this differently.

IF it is true that OPM visited the Harmonix offices and saw a demo of KitNO being played

and

IF it is true that nobody from Harmonix has released an official songlist so far claiming to have all confirmed tracks on it which does not include that song

then

it is true that RATM are in the game.

It seems really simple to me...?

charlequin said:
Let me put this differently.

IF it is true that OPM visited the Harmonix offices and saw a demo of KitNO being played

and

IF it is true that nobody from Harmonix has released an official songlist so far claiming to have all confirmed tracks on it which does not include that song

then

it is true that RATM are in the game.

It seems really simple to me...?

No. There are other factors. Maybe it was a demo track that they were playing but they couldn't acquire the rights to. Maybe they had the rights and were going to put it, but that song's ENDING would have gone over badly with the ESRB and they cut it for a more favourable rating (granted, they could always use the radio edit).

I'm not saying it's not in there or that it was, I'm just saying there has been nothing OFFICIAL in that regard.

yacobod

Banned
dude hangar 18 is sick

the last 2 minutes + is pure shredding

picking the best between holy wars, hangar, and tornado on rust in peace is pretty tough imo

i'll go with holy wars as num 1, but my favorite solo is in tornado tho

and rust in peace takes a poop on metallica's entire catalog

yacobod said:
dude hangar 18 is sick

picking the best between holy wars, hangar, and tornado on rust in peace is pretty tough imo

Wanna be my friend?

blahness

yacobod said:
dude hangar 18 is sick

amen!

Flynn

I'm not sure if I trust an OPM writer to know the difference between a Rage Against the Machine track and another song.

Dilbert

I think everyone is forgetting how incredibly overrated "Killing In The Name Of" is -- hell, how overrated RATM is in general. Out of all the reasons to buy GH2, RATM is at the bottom of the list.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Exactly. Game already has Rush, who cares about RATM. :D

vireland

They really need to add some smaller bands with nice riffs - there are a ton out there (Thrice comes to mind - singing isn't great, but the guitar is).

Or how about some import metal to complete the circle. Loudness or EZO would be great. "Fire, Fire" or "Back to Zero" would be really fun to play, especially on some of the EZO songs where the Bassist and Lead are playing the same notes now that GH2 allows a bassist and lead to go head 2 head.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
singularity said:
I'm not saying it's not in there or that it was, I'm just saying there has been nothing OFFICIAL in that regard.

hardly any of these songs have been officially announced directly by Harmonix.

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4142

That's a stickied thread on RedOctane's forum with info on the game. I'd think they'd clarify if something there was not right.

Flynn

skip said:
whatever. joe rybicki knows music.

It you know the guy, I apologize.

That Rage song is an interesting choice though. I had a Red Octane guy tell me that they'd pretty much given up on the idea of Slayer songs because all of them were lyrically unsuitable for a T-rated game.

singularity said:
No. There are other factors.

I'm not saying "If someone went to Harmonix HQ and saw them playing an RATM song it must be in the game." I'm saying "if someone went, saw the song, and Harmonix told them to go ahead and mention it in the preview, it's in the game." Making a big deal about how they're carefully revealing the songlist over time for marketing purposes while letting magazines run previews that talk about songs that won't even make the game would be retarded.

Also, I can't imagine Harmonix spends the money to record and implement a song without the rights 100% locked in, especially since so many of these tracks have clearly been dicey to acquire.

EDIT:

6.8 said:
Aerosmith stinks. I can't believe they ruined a perfectly awesome soundtrack with aerosmith.

Why do people who hate goodness like you even play Guitar Hero?

Rorschach

koam said:
So do I but I love Guitar Hero. Not sure why you're posting here.
To show that he's so much better than all of you GH fans because he can play TEH REAL GUITAR!

I have been playing guitar for over a decade and I still get a kick out of this game. It's a rythm game; not a replacement for guitar. Just like ez2DJ, drummaster, DDR aren't replacement for the things they represent. I played HS BBall and Football...doesn't mean I won't go and play Madden or NBA2k.

-jinx- said:
I think everyone is forgetting how incredibly overrated "Killing In The Name Of" is -- hell, how overrated RATM is in general. Out of all the reasons to buy GH2, RATM is at the bottom of the list.

**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

To show that he's so much better than all of you GH fans because he can play TEH REAL GUITAR!

yeah my friend who's really awesome at guitar, happens to suck horribly at guitar hero.

Top Bottom