• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 full setlist revealed

Megatron

Almost every previously bought DLC will transfer to RB4, like this:
- PS3 > PS4
- XBOX 360> XBOX1

If you already got these games on RB3, these ones will transfer:
- RB1
- RB2
- Lego
- Green Day.

These are not in yet:
- RBN songs
- RB3

Everyone always forgets about RB: ac/dc

Megatron

It's crazy to me that Rock Band and Guitar Hero are trying to make a simultaneous comeback. I wish both franchises the best.

Yeah, its like they were each afraid that the other was going to take the whole market so they both just jumped in. Dissapointing. I wish Activision stayed out of it.

Wozman23

At face value, the setlist is pretty underwhelming. There are quite a few classic artist I look forward to (Rush, The Who, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd) and some 90s stuff (Live, Soundgarden, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors) but the more modern choices - especially the pop and country - are pretty disappointing.

Weird choice for a Rush song.

No Rush is bad Rush, but if given free will, I'd certainly have picked something else. I'd love some more representation from some of their later albums - songs like Far Cry, Driven, The Color of Right, Dog Years, Virtuality, Animate, Double Agent, Roll The Bones, Distant Early Warning, Afterimage... Just give me a Rush discography, Harmonix. Name your price, I'm there.

There was a time when I would see a Rock Band setlist and be excited for 75% of the songs. I see this and realize the world has run out of fun music.

Teletraan1

Banned
Pretty terrible list imo. Even the songs included from bands I like don't seem like they would be fun to play. Thank god they let you use your old library cause this shit is weak.

¡HarlequinPanic!;178722752 said:
maybe some of the youngbies can answer whether or not any of these songs feels like a homerun?

As much as I personally am going to love "What's Up?" anything here really feel like a barn burner or a huge get? I guess uptown funk?

Enlighten me brehs.

I'm seeing a bunch of great songs on there, but what kind of music are you into?

Here are the ones I'm excited about:

Soundgarden – Superunknown
Queens of the Stone Age – My God is the Sun
Van Halen – Panama
Aerosmith – Toys in the Attic
Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket
The Cure – Friday, I’m in Love
Judas Priest – Halls of Valhalla
R.E.M. - The One I Love
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
System of a Down – Spiders
Rick Derringer – Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo

Some that are probably great, but I'm not familiar with:

Rush – A Passage to Bangkok
Foo Fighters – The Feast and the Famine
Heart – Kick It Out
Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
Ozzy Osbourne – Miracle Man
The Protomen – Light Up the Night
Arctic Monkeys – Arabella

Popular songs that aren't really my thing:

Disturbed – Prayer
The Black Keys – Fever
Avenged Sevenfold – Hail to the King
Scorpions – No One Like You
The Who – The Seeker
Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
4 Non Blondes – What’s Up?

Overall, it's a very solid setlist for a single disc release, but I have pretty particular tastes. I always just assume I'm going to love the DLC more. One thing I think people might forget about Rock Band games, is that even if you aren't familiar with the songs, playing them will likely surprise you with some of the great stuff on there. Rock Band 3 is a bit of an outlier though, the setlist was still great, but you needed the Keyboard to appreciate it (playing the Doors on drums and Guitar does not cut it, but Keyboard is amazing, for example).

Just checked the Guitar Hero live setlist for comparison and while that's not super great either, it's like 5 times better than this in the terms of interesting songs to play.

Yeah, looks like I'll pick up GH until some Rock Band DLC comes out. To be fair, they seem to be cherry picking some fan favorites from old games and songs that already exist on Rock Band. My music tastes differ from most of the hardcore music game players, but the fact that it has Haim and Calvin Harris is incredibly appealing to me.

Almost every previously bought DLC will transfer to RB4, like this:
- PS3 > PS4
- XBOX 360> XBOX1

If you already got these games on RB3, these ones will transfer:
- RB1
- RB2
- Lego
- Green Day.

These are not in yet:
- RBN songs
- RB3

Anyword on the track packs transferring such as the metal,country,AC/DC, etc?

impact

Banned
if Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo wasn't there it'd probably be the worst setlist for any plastic instrument game. Holy shit that is a bad list of songs.

It has a goddamn Protomen song. That's worth $60 in its own right.

I hope Act 3 has songs available after it is out.

Otherwise I am very 'hmm' if it is hard to transfer songs. I bought all my RB stuff pre-owned. I guess I will see if any codes work tonight.

Top tier, eh? Meh. Was expecting Floyd or Zeppelin or AC/DC

Yo, straight up. I would definitely take some sort of "Classic Rock" Rock Band game, with songs by those bands. Hell, stuff from the 60s/70s is so good that I'll even take songs by the B-tier and C-tier bands.

This playlist has a nice variety, but it's bland as hell. Gary Clark Jr is a nice surprise inclusion, though... he's got skills.

CloudWolf

To all the people asking for Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin... Have you even kept up with music games? Those bands are extremely uptight about the rights to their music (let alone master tracks) and we will never, ever see them in a game, except for AC/DC that one special time and even that was an extremely limited deal.

Anyword on the track packs transferring such as the metal,country,AC/DC, etc?
They are basically just DLC (in fact, the only one of those that wasn't just DLC was AC/DC since they don't like digital music releases). So yeah, they're in.

Are RB3 songs simply wait and see right now, or is there a good prospect of me being able to play Roundabout soon after launch?

To all the people asking for Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin... Have you even kept up with music games? Those bands are extremely uptight about the rights to their music (let alone master tracks) and we will never, ever see them in a game

I have indeed kept up with their music, and while I agree with everything you said, this is also a video game forum that allows discussion as well as "wishful thinking," or "hoping against hope" or whatever one might call it. At a very minimum it gives you assume insight into the tastes of MusicGAF :)

gosox333

That Smell is 'that one song that you've always wanted' for me, and I've been always wanting it since the GH2 days

It's almost surreal to finally see it.

While I think this is the weakest set list in Rock Band's main games, it destroys Guitar Hero Live's by a mile. And the fact that my old dlc works with it, and that Harmonix is supporting this game for years also puts the nail in the coffin for GHL. I don't trust Activision, they handled the franchise poorly last gen, and the fact that your old dlc doesn't work is an absolute slap in the face to the ones that were hardcore fans of GH.

It's the weakest RB soundtrack so far but there are some really good picks on it. It's pretty obvious the choice of songs wouldn't be as high-profile without the support of MTV or EA. Still really looking forward to it, though, and the DLC available is really fantastic. Also, it helps that you'll still be able to import RB1 & 2. Still holding out on an import for 3.

C4Lukins

That is just horrible. I am looking at my preorder and wondering whether or not to cancel. They better make some announcements involving importing previous games in the franchise.

While I think this is the weakest set list in Rock Band's main games, it destroys Guitar Hero Live's by a mile. And the fact that my old dlc works with it, and that Harmonix is supporting this game for years also puts the nail in the coffin for GHL. I don't trust Activision, they handled the franchise poorly last gen, and the fact that your old dlc doesn't work is an absolute slap in the face to the ones that were hardcore fans of GH.

On top of that, much of Guitar Hero Live's soundtrack is DLC that you can't actually download to your hard drive, so when Activision inevitably shuts down GHTV, all those songs you purchased are going down with it.

That is just horrible. I am looking at my preorder and wondering whether or not to cancel. They better make some announcements involving importing previous games in the franchise.

Just about any DLC or imports you have purchased will carry over.

libregkd

Everything is importable with the exception of Rock Band 3 which is currently "Not currently planned but we will let you know". So Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, Lego Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band and the all DLC released (with a few exceptions) will be playable in Rock Band 4.

On top of that, much of Guitar Hero Live's soundtrack is DLC that you can't actually download to your hard drive, so when Activision inevitably shuts down GHTV, all those songs you purchased are going down with it.
I don't even know what is even available in the base game because of every list I've looked at says it's combining the set list with songs available on GHTV. And GHTV is something I have no interest in with their approach to how you pay to play specific songs. Are they even doing traditional DLC with that game?

Unless you're into basic rock, this list will not appeal to you. :(

There's a handful of decent songs if you're into heavier shit, but that's including Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed....

bumpkin

If only I still lived somewhere where I didn't share walls with neighbors. Every time my wife does something as simple as turn the radio up louder than listening volume, the neighbors bang on the walls; their passive-aggressive way of saying "turn it down." :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's an awful setlist. Guess I'll just stick with Rocksmith.

Nekofrog

Banned
hopefully there's some kind of remastering of the protomen song because by god the production on their stuff can get really questionable sometimes. it's like, i really want to listen to it and i really want to like it, but it's hard to

Clearly the good announcements were too early, as the announcement previous to this was leagues better.

Still, this is easily the weakest Rock Band setlist going into it. The import feature will keep it alive and well, but this announcement was just bleh.

Guitar Hero Live wasn't doing much better, but at least both have a lot of promise post-launch, so i think they can still deliver. Plus, RB4 will be worth having just to replace RB3's poop Single Player. However, they really need to get that RB3 export going.

The Outfield's Your Love is the closest thing to a song I would have wanted. Disappointing playlist, to say the least. Rush and Dream Theater were good choices too, I guess. Subdivisions or Time Stand Still would have been preferred.

zulux21

overall a decent set list for me, about on par with rock and 3 or even a little bit better and way better than the guitar hero live set list for me.

It will be a fine start to my current gen rock banding before I start getting DLC of stuff I really want.

of course I could bet my life that it could take me centuries before I find another person on these forums that are excited for both of those songs :p

Gorger

The Outfield's Your Love is the closest thing to a song I would have wanted. Disappointing playlist, to say the least. Rush and Dream Theater were good choices too, I guess. Subdivisions or Time Stand Still would have been preferred.

Subdivisions is in as DLC. Rush is one of the bands with the most DLC on RB.

The setlist isn't a total hit for me (Although I'm crazy excited about Cake and hopefully more will come), but for every Rock Band game so far, I've found more than half the songs I didn't know turned out to be songs I love after playing them. Besides, with such a huge DLC catalogue, it really doesn't matter to me. I just want a platform to play my Rock Band songs on a new console, and RB4 will give me that. A new career mode is what I'm most interested in, and getting a bunch of songs thrown in is just icing.

Yeah I just cancelled mine. Really just an abysmal list of songs. What's even more baffling to me is the complete lack of punk and metal which are some of the most fun genres to play in games like this.

Yeah and that was a terrible choice. Why is R.E.M in this? Even Donkey Kong Jungle Had R.E.M. Rock Band games are to board in their setlist which results in no challenge or fun. Bon Jovi and Radio head? At least the DLC will be good.

Yeah I just cancelled mine. Really just an abysmal list of songs. What's even more baffling to me is the complete lack of punk and metal which are some of the most fun genres to play in games like this.
Completely! I love Paramore but I don't wanna play their songs.

Yeah and that was a terrible choice. Why is R.E.M in this? Even Donkey Kong Jungle Had R.E.M. Rock Band games are to board in their setlist which results in no challenge or fun. Bon Jovi and Radio head? At least the DLC will be good.

R.E.M. is on the setlist for Rock Band 4 because they're a very popular alternative rock band.

And yes, some people play the games to play the songs they like, rather than for the challenge. Me, I play for both reasons.

Top Bottom