• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 full setlist revealed

Also, Harmonix, I better be seeing "Locked Out of Heaven" or "Treasure" by Bruno Mars as DLC. They were made for this game. Well, they were made for it with Keys, but beggars and all.

Absolutely. There's already Bruno Mars DLC, but it's the older generic pop stuff like Grenade and Just the Way You Are. I'd much rather have Locked Out of Heaven.

...So I have to buy all of them for the PS3, then.

I guess it's not the end of the world, I'm sure they're not expensive at this point.

All of the DLC released before Rock Band 3's launch is currently discounted, although who knows for how much longer.

Maxim726X

Absolutely. There's already Bruno Mars DLC, but it's the older generic pop stuff like Grenade and Just the Way You Are. I'd much rather have Locked Out of Heaven.

All of the DLC released before Rock Band 3's launch is currently discounted, although who knows for how much longer.

Oh I was referring mainly to transferring the old game set lists. All I would need is the previous RB titles on PS3, correct?

Gorger

I know it's probably been discussed a million times, but is there song transfer like in previous entries?

And what of purchased DLC?

Almost every previously bought DLC will transfer to RB4, like this:
- PS3 > PS4
- XBOX 360> XBOX1

If you already got these games on RB3, these ones will transfer:
- RB1
- RB2
- Lego
- Green Day.

These are not in yet:
- RBN songs
- RB3

Still no Cyndi Lauper. Goddamn it.

The setlist is varied for sure. Don't know a lot of these songs. Hopefully I end up loving most of them. RB3 was disappointing because the setlist did absolutely nothing for me besides a couple of tracks. Still hype though.

foltzie1

Almost every previously bought DLC will transfer to RB4, like this:
- PS3 > PS4
- XBOX 360> XBOX1

If you already got these games on RB3, these ones will transfer:
- RB1
- RB2
- Lego
- Green Day.

These are not in yet:
- RBN songs
- RB3

That is better than their Dance Central transfer gimmick, in which no disk based songs transfer.

I wonder why muse is never featured in these. Especially with their new CD out.

They have one song released as DLC early into the series' lifespan, but for some reason Harmonix has never been able to license anything more. And it's not like there's no demand, there's been a very vocal demand for Muse in Rock Band at least as long as I've been playing the games.

I remember seeing something about Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long.

Is that in some kind of DLC/preorder stuff, or am I mistaken about it?

Curufinwe

Totally uninterested in that setlist. I wonder if eventually they'll release a free to play version with no songs included.

I think this setlist looks super fun.

EDIT: Seeing everybody moaning about this makes me wonder what you actually want from a game like this? This has to sell. It's a mainstream setlist for that reason. Songs people know. The best times I've had with RB are at parties, and this is the best party playlist I've seen from a mainline RB game yet. So...

Ghost23

Guitar Hero Live's setlist is vastly superior. Disappointing.

Personally, I want songs that are popular now that are fun at parties. RB4 has like 4 of those. GH Live destroys that.

vg260

No wonder music games went out of fashion. There's like one song I'm sort of interested in playing on that list.

It was mostly oversaturation of the market, not really how appealing set lists were to particular individuals that caused the decline.

That Smell alone is a cause for celebration.

As it stands though, there's a fair few that I don't know, but I like what I do. It might not wow me, but that could change. It took me a few years to realise that I loved Portions for Foxes and Combat Baby from 3, so a lot could change.

Apart from Centuries. That song can just fucking go away. It is absolutely awful. We get this but we still don't get The Take's Over, The Break's Over.

No Volbeat, seriously disappointing. Most underrated rock band of the current era.

Go listen to Devil or a Blue Cats Tongue, Still Counting, Sad Man's Tongue, Human Instrument, 7 Shots, mirror and the ripper, say your number, rebel monster, etc.

DrZeus

Hmmm. Dlc transfers is going to help a lot for me. Can we still export the music off the old discs some how to rockband 4? I think i have rb 1 and 2 on disc still and never did the export to my ps3.

_woLf

Easily the weakest setlist of any rock band game, but I'm buying it more so to play my existing songs on a current gen system so I guess I'm not too upset. I hope they continue adding songs again.

Carcetti

Urgh, I really hate Harmonix's taste at music. There's maybe 3 songs in there I actually want to play/sing, and I might be generous on that 3rd one. Pass. It's like they distilled what's boring in rock and forgot that there's pop rock and actually hard metal in existence as well.

zychi

Banned
Are they gonna release the adapter for x1 standalone? Id like to own this game digitally, but its stupid i cant buy the adapter by itself at launch

TheMan

This setlist is fairly shit, but if you can import old songs then I guess they've probably already grabbed a lot of low hanging fruit. Out of curiosity, if someone like myself, who has never owned a rock band title, wanted to go out and buy every single song I could possibly get my hands on, how much would that cost?

Roussow

I know that (at least at some point) other RB games' setlists and dlc are going to be made available on RB4 for those who bought tracks last gen -- is that same content going to made purchasable for anyone? Or is the way all those tracks were licensed last gen preventing it from just being put up on the store day 1? I'm just curious why there wouldn't be old game dlc available for purchase day 1, it's kinda the one game I'm very much okay and encourage tonnes of dlc for.

Edit: Just remembered Australian pricing for hardware and a wave of sadness rolled over me.

Carcetti

Just checked the Guitar Hero live setlist for comparison and while that's not super great either, it's like 5 times better than this in the terms of interesting songs to play.

Xeroblade

Just checked the Guitar Hero live setlist for comparison and while that's not super great either, it's like 5 times better than this in the terms of interesting songs to play.

Damn, the setlis for GHL is pretty damn awesome compared to RB4. oh well I have a ton of dlc for rockband.

Top Bottom