• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 full setlist revealed

vg260

Just to note, unlike RB1,2,3. This is going to be the only disc for the generation and they'll be updating the game itself over time. So, much more platform-like. With that the focus is probably going to be more on DLC where margins might be better than a 60+ song buy-in disc so to speak.

This setlist leaves a lot to be desired. I think I'd just be better off hooking up my old Rock Band stuff, especially since I can't transfer all my DLC.

Thanks for saving me hundreds of dollars Harmonix.

Just to note, unlike RB1,2,3. This is going to be the only disc for the generation and they'll be updating the game itself over time. So, much more platform-like.

Fool me once, shame on me......

Gorger

Despite RB4 having more unknown songs, the ones I've listened to so far seems funnier to play in general than RB3. Overall I found RB3's setlist boring and there was only a handfull of songs I played regularly, which is why I am not bothered with RB3 not being there at launch. I already have around 1500 songs to keep me entertained beyond RB4, but that's not going to matter unless they fix online which is the only thing preventing me from being completely aboard the hype train.

I think this is the worst Rock Band setlist in any of the numbered sequels. Hopefully some of the new additions like the freestyle guitar solos can make it a bit more enjoyable.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
As a rock band afficianado, I've heard probably 10 of these songs, one of which I found out when I played the game at e3 lol. Can't wait to get my hands on this game as soon as possible and doscover some new songs.

Its fun to note that at the time when i played gh1, gh2, and rb1, i did not know a majority of the setlist but I has a great time discovering new music.

Shaping up to be my least favorite RB setlist but imports and DLC has me covered so I'm not offended by the vanilla music.

It was never gonna top RB2.

Huge meh from me, but on the flipside I've always been excited for tiny, isolated pieces of any on-disc setlist (Lush, Pretty Girls Make Graves) while ignoring the vast majority of songs. Though if I remember correctly, RB3 had a bunch of songs I thought I didn't care about but turned out to be fun to play anyways, so who knows?

vg260

Fool me once, shame on me......

They said they plan to only have one buy-in disc, much like how SFV is doing it.
Harmonix never explicitly promised only one disc needed for the generation before like they did for this so I don't know why you wouldn't believe them.

muteki

I was only really interested in this if the setlist was good, and this isn't doing it for me. Probably my fault for expecting a few big gets for RB's return.

Bladelaw

Are the folks saying this is the "worst setlist ever" familiar with all the tracks? There's a little something for every kind of music fan. It missing some big name singles from bands but that doesn't immediately make it terrible.

There's a good 30 songs I've never listened to on there that could be awesome to play.

ounym.jpg'

Some good stuff there, but not enough there for me to buy it; especially since I can't DLC import from the 360 to the PS4. Still, belting Short Skit/Long Jacket would be fun.

Ozzy and Judas Priest don't count for classic metal?

You have me on punk not one of my preferred genres so I can't call out anything here.

Fair enough to the former, although the Priest song is a very recent one.

For the latter, it appears that there's a single punk song on-disc, and it's by a unknown band. No 70s punk like Ramones or The Clash, no hardcore punk like Black Flag or Dead Kennedys, not even any pop-punk.

FyreWulff

they sort of blew all the recognizable punk tracks via previous discs and dlc <_<

yes I know there's more punk than Ramones and Clash, just having some fun!

Ikon

That's a really strange set list. A few good songs and then just... what?!

Brun Mars is probably the weirdest inclusion but far from the only one.

vg260

Not for fans of classic metal or any sort of punk.

Yeah, the metal that's there is not really that great either. The Priest song is not familiar enough and that Ozzy one is weak. Never liked that song and the whole metal bands blasting the corrupt televangelist thing was always kind of lame and feels dated.

Overall, I feel it's weaker than the past ones, but they managed to get 3 of my 4 top requested songs for ages in there, so I'm pretty stoked.

I'm just bummed at the negative reactions, because I want this to succeed. I never really thought the on-disc setlist should be such a make or break thing considering the amount of DLC support. I always just considered it a point of entry, which is much more what it is now. There's not going to be a new disc every year, so I don't see it being a big deal.

Not recognizing a lot of the songs is actually a good thing for me. When Guitar Hero and Rock Band were big, they were great at introducing me to artists and songs that I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

The list feels shorter than usual, but hopefully there's enough old DLC that I've bought available at launch to pad things out.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not really feeling it at all, but for all I know I'll love half the songs on this list that I don't recognize. Probably still worth picking up day 1 for me, but this will really shine once the DLC ramps up.

KaYotiX

Banned
Set list seems lacking but it will make me open up my music tastes like every other Rockband so I'm ok with that.

I also have about 800 DLC songs so that helps.

killroy87

Got more of the style of music I like than Guitar Hero Live, more classic rock songs, for sure. Still, some of the choices are a bit obtuse. I suppose at this point almost all of the popular songs were either on disc or included as DLC, so this is what was left.

Maxim726X

I know it's probably been discussed a million times, but is there song transfer like in previous entries?

And what of purchased DLC?

Raide

Not a great setlist but all of those songs alongside the export stuff and DLC will mean the list will be awesome. :D

Ninhead

I'm trying to work out which one I'd like the most for a full album. Probably Era Vulgaris, to be honest.

Winner. I'd love to play "Misfit Love" and "River in the Road" with a full band.

Also, Harmonix, I better be seeing "Locked Out of Heaven" or "Treasure" by Bruno Mars as DLC. They were made for this game. Well, they were made for it with Keys, but beggars and all.

Top Bottom