• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 on XBOX360? EGM Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
EviLore said:
Why exactly do review scores matter if you're dead set on it being the greatest game of all time already? Cockwaving that the mainstream gaming media agrees with you?

When did I say review scores matter? I am just explaining why Zelda fans expect 10's, if this game is better than OoT then it deserves all 10's in EGM, its that simple. I could care less what they give it, if I enjoy this game as much or more than MM/OoT it will be my favorite game of all time.

Odysseus

Banned
Soul4ger said:
Some first-parties are a little more accomodating than others...

And they certainly didn't have PDZ. That arrived literally a few days before the system launched, as all media outlets were frantically playing it trying to get a review out. We watched the internet rise and fall with each blog entry from Che.

skip said:
nope. it's insanely difficult working with 1st parties during launch.

That sucks hard. Not having reviews (Especially EGM) is the reason why I have PDZ collectors edition sitting on my shelf, contaminating my gaming collection and emitting unseen evils while I sleep.

skip

White Man said:

I'm pretty sure that's the final cover.

this is the polybag:

media

skip

Father_Mike said:
That sucks hard. Not having reviews (Especially EGM) is the reason why I have PDZ collectors edition sitting on my shelf, contaminating my gaming collection and emitting unseen evils while I sleep.

you'll be seeing reviews of Wii and PS3 launch games appear on 1UP, written by 1UP and EGM editors (we're sharing now).

Owzers

If that Metal Gear thing is just a teaser ..... :) I'll give the benefit of the doubt and think that there is info on MGS4 coming to 360. If not, then i look forward to " Shenmue 3 in development?" and " New Jet Set Radio?" on the next couple covers :p

skip

Speevy said:
This discussion went right over my head. Both of those pictures say "Wii reviews". I must be going insane.

two wii reviews: DBZ and monkey ball. nothing first party.

dili

Who want's to bet this issue will have nothing about MGS4 coming to xbox 360. At best, EGM's own baseless speculation so they can add that to the front of there magazine and sell more issues.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Father_Mike said:
Didn't 1up give that crap a 9? That would hardly have fixed your problem.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
MiamiWesker said:
When did I say review scores matter? I am just explaining why Zelda fans expect 10's, if this game is better than OoT then it deserves all 10's in EGM, its that simple. I could care less what they give it, if I enjoy this game as much or more than MM/OoT it will be my favorite game of all time.

i will be sort of shocked if at least one version of the game doesn't garner straight tens. who knows, though.

Odysseus

Banned
beelzebozo said:
i will be sort of shocked if at least one version of the game doesn't garner straight tens. who knows, though.

9.5's for the GameCube version due to lack of widescreen or something
9.5's for the Wii version due to waggle

dillenger said:
Who want's to bet this issue will have nothing about MGS4 coming to xbox 360. At best, EGM's own baseless speculation so they can add that to the front of there magazine and sell more issues.
but technically you can't see the headline if the polybag is final. Its opaque right?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Odysseus said:

it's amazing how "waggle" to some people is automatically a detriment, as if there's no possible scenario under which it could make the game more enjoyable.

White Man

beelzebozo said:
it's amazing how "waggle" to some people is automatically a detriment, as if there's no possible scenario under which it could make the game more enjoyable.

Let's not have this argument for the umpteenth time. Some people do not want to waggle.

Speevy

Banned
Odysseus said:

I'm going to say the scores for Monkey Ball are 7/7/8 or 7/7/6, something like that.

DBZ probably sucks.

As for Zelda, it'll get a score that's pretty much in line with what fans expect, but no score other than 10 will have been worth this unbearable wait.

beelzebozo said:
i dont know if thats a fair generalzation. The waggle will spilt gamers, you either love it you not. I dont think its just seeing it as a negative, they may actually think its better without it, as do i in this case.

mood said:
RE5 ps3 exclusive?

Fixed for next EGM's cover. EGM's new attemp to attract readers is fairly unacceptable. I've no problem with the rumors section although I rarely believe anything there but to put them on the cover is... cheap.

Roders5 said:
Didn't 1up give that crap a 9? That would hardly have fixed your problem.

yes but EGM gave it a 6.5, 8.0, 9.0 with both the 9 in EGM and 1up coming from Che. So EGM gave a much more accurate rate of the emotion and feels you get while playing PDZ.

First the 9. You just brought the game home. You slowly unwrap it. Smelling the case while thinking to your self. The 64 Cart could never smell this good.

Then the 8. Half way though the campaign. Your still trying to think positive about it. You hope that multiplayer will redeem it, while remembering multi in the original.

And lastly the 6.5. Your Have just finished single player and have played a few multi games and now your sitting at the PC watching E3 trailers of GRAW while softly whimpering “March, its only a little bit away”.

Anyways back on, MGS4 either has to be a rumor or its one of those stupid what if articles. If it really was coming to 360 and EGM had the exclusive it wouldn’t be in small little print next to the likes of Bully.

If MGS4 was getting a 360 port it would likely be well after PS3 development wrapped up (ala MGS2: Substance). Kojima Productions highly tunes their game engines to get the most out of the target hardware, and Kojima has said they're strongly against concurrent development for that very reason. Perhaps they've scrapped their work midstream and retrofitted the engine to have a base for more than one architecture, but I seriously doubt it.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Speevy said:
chespace works for MS. If he hasn't heard a word of this, it's not true. EGM doesn't know more about Xbox 360 games than MGS employees.
Here I am thinking MGS4 is a Konami game. I'm somehow doubting that microsoft keeps the forza team up to date on what third parties are ordering 360 kits.

We'll see.

skip

dwight.jpg

question.

why are you guys reacting like this sort of rumor/cover treatment is new?

MAGAZINE DECODER, v.1.3

<word> ? = Rumor
<word> ! = Confirmed

skip said:
dwight.jpg

question.

MAGAZINE DECODER, v.1.3

<word> ? = Rumor
<word> ! = Confirmed

I honestly don't recall having ever come across an issue from a major magazine that featured a rumor on the front cover. But then I guess I don't read many magazines these days.

gimmmick

Why do people buy these type of rumors? Resident evil 5 making it to the wii with an updated re4 engine is more possible than kojima releasing mgs4 at the same time as the ps3 release. Sony probably even put a lot of money on the exclusive from the get go.

skip said:
dwight.jpg

question.

MAGAZINE DECODER, v.1.3

<word> ? = Rumor
<word> ! = Confirmed

I don't know if it's new but it's stupid. And I don't think I've seen this on any serious magazine (fanmags don't count because most of them aren't serious). It's certainly not as bad as PSM3's ridiculous stunt with ZOE3 but you're deceiving the customers anyway. If you're gonna have an article that exposes the MGS4 "secret" -which I highly doubt- put it on the cover, fine. But if it's a three liner explaining why this could or could not happen it's just a cheap attempt to sell more.

Hunter D

One could only imagine the amount of sony and MS fanboys that would suffer heart attacks if MGS4 became multiconsole. I don't think there would be enough space in purgatory to hold them all.

Well, I for one don't give a shit if the game is ported to the 360, or Wii, or the Phantom. What bugs me is this layer of bullshit that seems to cover more and more of every aspect of this industry. Developers, publishers and hardware manufacturers with their god damned target render crap, and then this crap with video game news media doing everything to attract readers, even if "everything" includes deceiving readers. It being common certainly doesn't make it any better; it's BS through and through, and it needs to take a ****ing hike.

Draft said:
lol, just the possibility of it really twisted some nipples, didn't it.

The "possibility" was there before EGM "reported" it and there were various fansites "reporting" rumors like this waaaaaay before EGM. Putting it on the cover is a completely different story though. I guess they were trying to get as many xbox subscribers as they could considering the Halo 3 coverage so they decided to add a bullshit rumor on the cover...

Draft

fortified_concept said:
The "possibility" was there before EGM "reported" it and there were various fansites "reporting" rumors like this waaaaaay before EGM. Putting it on the cover is a completely different story though. I guess they were trying to get as many xbox subscribers as they could considering the Halo 3 coverage so they decided to add a bullshit rumor on the cover...
so if it turns out to be true, what are you thinking? pills? gun? maybe a classic long walk off a short roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom