• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Live: 04/16/07 Wii and casual gamers, 360 in retail channels, SPM EMG Review

Tieno

Doom_Bringer said:
Jennifer Tsao looks and sounds cute :D
maybe, but I don't like how she starts talking and at the end of her sentence you can barely hear her mumbling.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This podcast is awful. I've tried it about 3x and it's always uninspired and awkward. Having Shane come in and do his schtick doesn't really help. Just a poor mix of people for a podcast.

Really, it's an embarassment of riches since they already have 2 worthwhile shows (1up & GFW) on gaming, but this is uniformly poor and monotonous.

i always listen to the podcast but rarely i see the threads about it here at gaf. the last one was the dyack debacle. i really like the show. as they were talking, i was thinking to myself: "my god, finally someone with a different POV than internet forums".

i really think their argument is valid, and i share most of their thoughts. then i came back here where admitting that makes you an idiot.:lol

the one thing i have to give is, i really doubt they played every shitty port that came out on the wii to make opinions on all of them, but who knows...

theBishop

Banned
i used to rip on Jen a lot, but she's been good the past few episodes. I think she brings a nice, different perspective to the podcast.

This most recent podcast raised a lot of questions about Nintendo's strategy that i've also been asking, and its nice to see fans like Jen seeing it as well and hear some discussion on the topic.

Also, big kudos for recognizing that the standard Kirby Canvas Curse set with DS control hasn't yet been equaled by any other game on the system.

Emowii

Banned
theBishop said:
Also, big kudos for recognizing that the standard Kirby Canvas Curse set with DS control hasn't yet been equaled by any other game on the system.
I would also like to see Yoshi's Touch and Go get the respect it deserves. Still think it might be my favorite DS game overall.

polg

ugh... people whining about Jennifer's comments are so damn childish... do you guys live in a world where everybody agrees with you?

Musashi Wins! said:
Really, it's an embarassment of riches since they already have 2 worthwhile shows (1up & GFW) on gaming, but this is uniformly poor and monotonous.

That's harsher than I would have put it, but you're right.

moku said:
The whole start to the podcast about the Wii was pathetic. Nintendo knows what made them successfull, and will never stop making the games that the hardcore/nintendo fans love. They still make playing cards after over a hundred years.

Alarmist's, the whole bunch I swear.

:lol Good grief.

OT whats with the fro'd out kurt angle in your avatar?

Naruto

I'm sick and tired of those stupid classifications such as: "This game is for the casuals", "this game is for the hardcores". I'm as Hardcore as they get and I really enjoyed playing both Wii sports and WarioWare, is there something wrong with me? Hell no. It's just that I'm actually playing whatever games I like without patheticly analyzing them and trying to classify them into a certain category. I feel sorry for the 'Elite Hardcores' who are ashamed to play a certain game just because its not Hardcore enough for them.

It seems to me that in the end, maybe the casual gamer is much more open-minded than a lot of us so called 'Hardcore gamers'.

Top Bottom