• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 on XBOX360? EGM Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casshern

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
/headexplodes. Poor Shane, always getting picked on just because he defends the good guys. :lol

I don't see teh funny. Luke constantly trolls PS3 and Sony but he's not "getting picked on". Can you explain to me why that happens?

BigBoss

Doom_Bringer said:
I doubt that will happen. The board runs the show kid, one man can't deny their request otherwise he would be fired.

Who the flying **** are you calling a kid?

Secondly, Kojima founded his new studio so that he can decide what games he wants to make and for what consoles. So he can refuse their request but obviously that won't stop Konami from getting one of their other studios to handle the port like what happened with RE4.

Odysseus

Banned
Casshern said:
I don't see teh funny. Luke constantly trolls PS3 and Sony but he's not "getting picked on". Can you explain to me why that happens?

Luke gets picked on for what he deserves to get picked on. For example, how it's always said that he hates games because, well, sometimes it's true. Garnett often gets his facts wrong and gets lampooned for it. Similarly, Shane is a caricature and gets called out on that.

"I wouldn't mind having Genji."
"You'll see."
"Resistance is the game everybody will want this year."
"Tangible differences."
"SDF Victory!"
"Xbots am cry."

DarkYabu

Watch.......... it's probably just some MGS4 promo material (like the trailer) included as an extra in an upcoming XBOX360 Konami game.

DDR360............ Metal Gear Solid 4 Theme Song FTW! :)

BigBoss said:
Who the flying **** are you calling a kid?

I am calling you a kid! I thought I was pretty clear.

Secondly, Kojima founded his new studio so that he can decide what games he wants to make and for what consoles. So he can refuse their request but obviously that won't stop Konami from getting one of their other studios to handle the port like what happened with RE4.
:lol :lol :lol

Where does Kojima get the money from? Who calls the shots? Its the board you fool! When the company stock holders tell him that the project is risky and costing too much he will HAVE to comply and port it to 360. If he argues or fights with them he will be fired. end of story

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Except you forget that Kojima is actually on the board of directors at Konami. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
MGS4: Serious business

Snake...do you think business deals can bloom on the battlefield?

itagaki.jpg

This guy must somehow be involved with the betrayal.
I'd like to see his cell phone records right about now.

Angelcurio

Seriously, i am still shocked about this.

In the middle of two console launches and they dedicate its cover story to a game that is one year away from release, is still in alpha stages and its screens are full of placeholder textures.

Next time i pay for a magazine, i should get a neutral one.

moneyhatnw6.jpg

Rody

Doom_Bringer said:
What? :lol How much % stake does he own? This is news to me

I think that when you're the creator of one of the most successful franchises of a company, you have "some" power in there... you know?

Casshern

Banned
Odysseus said:
Luke gets picked on for what he deserves to get picked on. For example, how it's always said that he hates games because, well, sometimes it's true. Garnett often gets his facts wrong and gets lampooned for it. Similarly, Shane is a caricature and gets called out on that.

"I wouldn't mind having Genji."
"You'll see."
"Resistance is the game everybody will want this year."
"Tangible differences."
"SDF Victory!"
"Xbots am cry."

Luke is rarely getting picked on. I personally have never seen it although I never miss an episode. And I could easily dig better quotes from Luke. From the infamous TGS 1up yours! episode where he muct have used at least a dozen troll catch phrases against PS3 to the repeated mention that any x PS3 game doesn't worth 600 dollars. He's a fanboy just like Shane.

Casshern said:
Luke is rarely getting picked on. I personally have never seen it although I never miss an episode. And I could easily dig better quotes from Luke. From the infamous TGS 1up yours! episode where he muct have used at least a dozen troll catch phrases against PS3 to the repeated mention that any x PS3 game doesn't worth 600 dollars. He's a fanboy just like Shane.

I actually agree with this. Why isn't Luke ridiculed like Shane?

And btw I just realized. Isn't PS3's and Wii's launch this month? And they have a Halo cover? Wow.

Gigglepoo

fortified_concept said:
I actually agree with this. Why isn't Luke ridiculed like Shane?

Because he is the Alpha Male on the 1up Team. It wouldn't function as well if someone else took that role as well. There would be even more yelling and less information, if that's possible.

Gigglepoo said:
Because he is the Alpha Male on the 1up Team. It wouldn't function as well if someone else took that role as well. There would be even more yelling and less information, if that's possible.

But isn't he the new guy? Why so many people respect him while Shane is hated so much?

Gigglepoo

fortified_concept said:
But isn't he the new guy? Why so many people respect him while Shane is hated so much?

Doesn't matter if he's new. He's funny, has a way with words, and exudes a lot of energy. He''s just one of those "What I say goes" kind of guys. Shane readily accepts the insults. He practically begs to be bombarded. It's his role.

1up Yours - Teabag Psychology

Casshern said:

He rips them all. :)

LJ11

Doom_Bringer said:
What? :lol How much % stake does he own? This is news to me

You don't need to own a part of the company to be a director. They are chosen/recommended by management and voted on by shareholders (that's the way it works in the US).

Gigglepoo said:
Doesn't matter if he's new. He's funny, has a way with words, and exudes a lot of energy. He''s just one of those "What I say goes" kind of guys. Shane readily accepts the insults. He practically begs to be bombarded. It's his role.

1up Yours - Teabag Psychology

Is it the same reason they disagree with Shane all the time, while the agree with everything Luke says even when he's trolling?

Gigglepoo

fortified_concept said:
Is it the same reason they disagree with Shane all the time, while the agree with everything Luke says even when he's trolling?

If they disagree with Luke they will be mocked mercilessly. That is his style. Some people would rather avoid this confrontation that deal with it every day of their life.

I don't care much for the metal gear games so i won't be buying them for my 360.

However, taking away a Sony exclusive is a big deal. This could sell some 360's to people. It may even lead to more games coming over from Konami- which is the only part that interests me regarding this news.

Doom_Bringer said:
I am calling you a kid! I thought I was pretty clear.
I don't like your attitude, so I'll give you an attitude.

You're much of a kid as YOU thought he was. Maybe if you didn't judge people as "kids" as you just did, he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.

You're acting so childish, that I think you're a baby. Yeah, you with the ducky avatar you got on.

Hunter D

Anyone else crying for Shane? The man is trapped in a dungeon filled with filthy, stink like sweaty balls, xbots. If only Kaz would save him from Mr. Gate's scumbags.

CarlosX360 said:
I don't like your attitude, so I'll give you an attitude.

You're much of a kid as YOU thought he was. Maybe if you didn't judge people as "kids" as you just did, he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.

You're acting so childish, that I think you're a baby. Yeah, you with the ducky avatar you got on.

ahhahaa ducky avatar...that's from Futurama. About your pathetic rant, I was just messing with big boss. We mess with each other a lot, don't get in between us

Doom_Bringer said:
ahhahaa ducky avatar...that's from Futurama. About your pathetic rant, I was just messing with big boss. We mess with each other a lot, don't get in between us
mess with each other ONLINE? o_O

Ganondorfo said:
There is a storyline in splinter cell?:)

Splinter Cell games have the most generic and forgetful story lines ever! I loved 1, PT, and 3 but I dunno remember what the story was in those games...

PT was pretty memorable at least (something about blowing up LAX? kinda like 24)

Ganondorfo

Doom_Bringer said:
Splinter Cell games have the most generic and forgetful story lines ever! I loved 1, PT, and 3 but I dunno remember what the story was in those games...

PT was pretty memorable at least (something about blowing up LAX? kinda like 24)

I know that the gameplay is much better in splinter cell, but I think that most gamers do care about presentation and plottwists in their stories, that's why they like metal gear better, if metal gear didn't have a screenwriter like hideo koijima, it would be another forgetful winback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom