• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 has already sold 2 million copies in Japan (4 days)

Where did 4 days come from? o_O It came out on the 15th on Saturday, three days at most!

Anyway, we don't know if all 2 million will show on MC and Famitsu this week, for one thing it depends on when they stopped tracking for the week (end of Sunday?), and if that also includes eShop downloads (Famitsu does track retail bought download cards IIRC).

Monster Hunter 4 was released on September 14th.
So 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th (in Japan) <- Press release on the 4th day

This upcoming week will track September 9th through September 15th.
So, the figures in Media Create / Famitsu / Dengeki will be for two days of sellthrough.

Monster Hunter 4 has shipped two million units at launch.

As I argued in the Media Create thread, there is no reason not to believe these figures are concerning retail shipments and digital (eShop) sell-through. It only makes the most sense when you think about the fact that Capcom wants to brag about the highest number it can, and it follows precedent.

holy shit indeed, do we know 3ds sales yet for the period as well? sorry havent read the thread

Sales information regarding the 3DS during Monster Hunter 4's launch will come out Wednesday, September 18th at approximately 9:00 AM EDT (when Media Create / Famitsu's figures come out).

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Not related.

Hey Aquarine, I know it's not related to MH4 but a longtime ago you asked if Nintendo owned shares Namco Bandai as they had previously invested in them prior to the merger. I contacted Investor Relations at Nintendo and they confirmed the following:

Nintendo owns 1.73% of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings' shares as of March 31, 2013.

OryoN

idiots if they dont make a Wii U version of some sort.

Making it extremely late doesn't count either. MH3 didn't do much for Wii U. There's not much incentive for Capcom, but if Nintendo were really serious, they could have tried to get some deal($) going with Capcom for simultaneous cross-platform development, even assigning some team members to help take on the burden. I still have a feeling we'll see it, but way too late to matter.

Making it extremely late doesn't count either. MH3 didn't do much for Wii U. There's not much incentive for Capcom, but if Nintendo were really serious, they could have tried to get some deal($) going with Capcom for simultaneous cross-platform development, even assigning some team members to help take on the burden. I still have a feeling we'll see it, but way too late to matter.

Isn't 3GHD still the 3rd highest selling game on Wii U in Japan?

That was a port of a port of an enhanced version of an original game, no?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Any reason why they are still holding into those?

Also, does Nintendo have any sort of investment in Capcom?

I know Sony owns like ~5-9% or so of Squeenix

Yes Sony does indeed own 8.25% of Square Enix. They owned a greater amount of Square prior to the merger.

Namco-Bandai does give a healthy dividend. As to why Nintendo keeps their investment? Your guess is as good as mine but there is no reason to sell their Namco-Bandai shares. It is a profitable business and its share price has significantly gained value during the last 3 years. Longterm investment maybe?.

And no investment in Capcom.

MHP3 in its first five days
01. / 00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom) {01/12/10} - 1.950.717 / NEW

digital version didn't come out till july
MH4 retail copied will be a good deal lower than that because of how well it's doing digitally. But combined, it seems to have beaten MHP3rd's 1st week.

Why wouldn't we count digital sales?

without digital sales MH4 would(probably since we don't know if these numbers right now include digital sales) have a lower opening then MHP3

all copies of MHP3 were physical retail copies. mhp3 wasn't on psn until 6 months after release iirc

jeremy1456

without digital sales MH4 would(probably since we don't know if these numbers right now include digital sales) have a lower opening then MHP3

all copies of MHP3 were physical retail copies. mhp3 wasn't on psn until 6 months after release iirc

The question was why should digital sales not be counted.

PSP had a +4mil installed based too. So it evens out.

cafemomo

Yes Sony does indeed own 8.25% of Square Enix. They owned a greater amount of Square prior to the merger.

Namco-Bandai does give a healthy dividend. As to why Nintendo keeps their investment? Your guess is as good as mine but there is no reason to sell their Namco-Bandai shares. It is a profitable business and its share price has significantly gained value during the last 3 years. Longterm investment maybe?.

And no investment in Capcom.

interesting.

Does Ninty own shares for other game companies?

Top Bottom