• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - Japan goes CRAZY [Screenshots - 1080p/No AA?]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
I suppose this likely confirms that God of War Portable Collection rumor as well.

Then maybe they should've waited until E3 week to announce this as NGP/PS3. ;P

The American announcement will likely come then.

If they release this and Peace Walker with dual analog, online, and trophies im in. (Im in for Peace Walker even if it was a cheap port, im a MGS whore.)

Blablurn

a 3D version of a portable monster hunter game .. for a sony console? looks like a big giant troll from capcom against the 3DS.

but still, a pretty good deal for sony. might be a good game for the summer drought; at least for japan.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wait wat.

Monster Hunter 3rd for PS3?

Foffy

Banned
Wario64 said:
THIS IS THE REMASTER!

a1305868149341.jpg

CAN WE PORT BEG PEACE WALKER NOW? LULZ

Is this a new brand Sony's trying?

I guess it'll make PSP releases safe from NGP takeover, I guess.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blablurn said:
a 3D version of a portable monster hunter game .. for a sony console? looks like a big giant troll from capcom against the 3DS.

but still, a pretty good deal for sony. might be a good game for the summer drought; at least for japan.

Hats made of money were probably involved.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Blablurn said:

Knowing Capcom, they'll announce this for iOS in two years time.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd 3D HD Portable - iHuntin'

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It has trophies right?

Falcom, please support this PSP remaster cause ;_;

luka

Loves Robotech S1
RurouniZel said:
Love your avatar. Kuroneko in a box. <3
&#25342;&#12387;&#12390;&#12367;&#12384;&#12373;&#12356; :3

Anyway, I guess this is a good time to see what this monster hunting thing is all about.

Takao

Banned
It's very weird that these release will supposedly have exclusive content, but must still use the Ad-Hoc Party application (unless that translation is off and it means that a PSP copy of the game can play with a PS3 version with Ad-Hoc Party). You'd think native multiplayer would be there.

I also just realized that the only two HD Monster Hunter games are ports. How Capcom...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Dear capcom, enough with the psp graphics alreadyl. Make a real fucking MH for PS3.

Grinchy

Banned
Shut the fuck up.

I've been wanting MH on my console ever since I didn't try out the PS2 version. This is awesome, awesome news.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The cross play functionality they're talking about would make a lot more sense as a PSP/NGP thing.

Pushing this functionality for PSP might be a bad move in the long run...like Nintendo releasing Black/White for DS instead of 3DS.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
luka said:
Anyway, I guess this is a good time to see what this monster hunting thing is all about.

&#25342;&#12387;&#12390;&#12367;&#12384;&#12373;&#12356; :3

&#12424;&#12429;&#12371;&#12435;&#12391;&#65281;&#12288;*lifts box and takes home*

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, that explains this.

capture4ve6j.png

I'm going to put out a prediction that this works with the NGP as well.

Edit:

Oh look it's Kaz Hirai.

So Reeves knows what he's talking about like I said he did, go figure!

ULTROS!

Now I'm expecting going to start expecting Dissidia: Final Fantasy 012 [Duodecim] HD.

Takao said:
It's very weird that these release will supposedly have exclusive content, but must still use the Ad-Hoc Party application (unless that translation is off and it means that a PSP copy of the game can play with a PS3 version with Ad-Hoc Party). You'd think native multiplayer would be there.

I also just realized that the only two HD Monster Hunter games are ports. How Capcom...

Maximum profit

Takao

Banned
Nirolak said:
Well, that explains this.

http://www.abload.de/img/capture4ve6j.png[IMG]

I'm going to put out a prediction that this works with the NGP as well.[/QUOTE]

Press release does not mention PSN release, just Blu-Ray. You think a NGP gamecard/NGPS3 PSN release is in store for NGP launch?

ULTROS!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Yes!!

I know there's a rumor of God of War portables coming to PS3 in HD, which I would most definitely get as well. I hope Square Enix PSP games like Birth By Sleep, and Crisis Core get ported too. Would also love Metal Gear Solid "5" in HD (actually MGS1-3 + Peace Walker would be awesome) on the PS3.

I also think it's really clever that it's cross compatible so you can save your game on the PSP, pick it up on the PS3, then save and continue when you are on the PSP again.

PSP gets really great games every few months. I really think piracy caused its "failure" (nothing is a failure if you make profit from it, which Sony did) in the west but that's just my opinion.

forrest

formerly nacire
So am I understanding this correct in that all of the art assets etc. are exactly the same, however the actual resolution rendered will be hd?

androvsky

Man, I'm still waiting on the HD PS2 collections from Japanese developers.

But I'm sure these'll come out in the West, wouldn't that be a huge part of the reason for doing PS3 ports in the first place? We're already at the point where localizing PSP titles doesn't make sense for large publishers any more. Or the small ones, really. Hey, I'd take a Falcom HD collection, even if they don't redo the sprites...

Top Bottom