• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - Japan goes CRAZY [Screenshots - 1080p/No AA?]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Takao said:
Press release does not mention PSN release, just Blu-Ray. You think a NGP gamecard/NGPS3 PSN release is in store for NGP launch?
I think this is how they intend to get Western developers to make games for the NGP and for Japanese developers to be able to sell their NGP games in the West.

This lets you sell something like Type-0 in the West while still only having NGP development costs, and also being able to sell more in Japan since handheld games sell better there.

Using PSP games is just a solid way to get this started.

Of course, this is just a prediction, but I think it would be a surprisingly brilliant plan from Sony (assuming they have no Western NGP ambitions).

Orayn

nacire said:
So am I understanding this correct in that all of the art assets etc. are exactly the same, however the actual resolution rendered will be hd?
Probably not, actually. The available screenshot and numerous "HD" claims definitely point to higher resolution textures and better lighting effects. (At the very least.)
What you described might be the case for the NGP port, though, assuming it's not the same as this thing.

nacire said:
So am I understanding this correct in that all of the art assets etc. are exactly the same, however the actual resolution rendered will be hd?

Hey, MoHun Frontier looks ....okay ...I guess =/

Orayn

Textures and lighting have definitely been improved, while the GUI remains amusingly huge.
Looks really nice, though.

MightyKAC

This COULD be some awesome shit if properly implemented. Gonna reserve judgement until after the inevitable E3 announcement.

Teknoman

More Monster Hunter is never a bad thing. Could this actually be released in North America this summer as a download title?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... that looks good. I hope they up the difficulty just a little bit.

Takao

Banned
Nirolak said:
I think this is how they intend to get Western developers to make games for the NGP and for Japanese developers to be able to sell their NGP games in the West.

This lets you sell something like Type-0 in the West while still only having NGP development costs, and also being able to sell more in Japan since handheld games sell better there.

Of course, this is just a prediction, but I think it would be a surprisingly brilliant plan from Sony.

Then NGP might as well be Japan-only handheld at that point. Why bother buying one of those when all the games could be on PS3? Which isn't such a brilliant plan.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Takao said:
Then NGP might as well be Japan-only handheld at that point. Why bother buying one of those when all the games could be on PS3? Which isn't such a brilliant plan.
I think they know it's doomed in the West regardless, so they're selling it as a mobile PS3 for certain titles at this point, thinking it might end better that way.

Kojima basically hinted at this back at the PlayStation Meeting.

MightyKAC

Also, what's the general GAF consensus on MHTri Vs. MH3p I keep hearing that folks prefer Tri since portable was made easier or something.

androvsky

Nirolak said:

Of course, this is just a prediction, but I think it would be a surprisingly brilliant plan from Sony.
I was hoping they'd do something like that, but then someone from Sony came out and plainly said they were forbidding the exact same game on PS3 and NGP. I'd like to think he meant they were forbidding publishers from trying to sell people the same game twice without going through their special HD<->Portable collection program... but I kinda doubt it.

edit: I think I found the quote, apparently what they don't want is exact ports... the NGP version has to have some sort of extras or differentiation. Otherwise, Sony does seem to be encouraging cross-platform development as much as possible. :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'd be less bitter if this were our welcome back gift.

I'm not gonna pay full price for the same game either.

Yuripaw

Banned
FootNinja said:
I clicked on one of these pictures and got a pop up video of a webcam girl masturbating...NSFW warning or am I the only one?
i got the same thing, she was double....nevermind lol

Throavium

FootNinja said:
I clicked on one of these pictures and got a pop up video of a webcam girl masturbating...NSFW warning or am I the only one?

I got the pop-up and kept hearing a girl talk in the background, I then discovered it was open behind the browser to my surprising demise.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DMeisterJ said:
Monster Hunter and HD. Two words I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence. It should be nice to play MH on PS3.

Isn't Monster Hunter Frontier for the X360 HD? :p

Takao

Banned
Nirolak said:
I think they know it's doomed in the West regardless, so they're selling it as a mobile PS3 for certain titles at this point, thinking it might end better that way.

Kojima basically hinted at this back at the PlayStation Meeting.

This is a very stupid business model to try to remold your kind of successful platform to the shape of the biggest bomb in the industry.

Edit: Once 2AM hits I forget how to speak English...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Infinite Justice said:
If this somehow makes it on NGP as well i'm sold.
They already confirmed updated PSP releases on NGP - MHP3rd will be higher res and use DUal Analog controls on NGP as well.

Takao said:
I'm sure this series only work for psp re-releases. New ngp game wont be playable on ps3 for obvious reason you mention.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Takao said:
This is a very stupid business model to try to remold your kind of successful platform to the shape of the biggest bomb in the industry.

Edit: Once 2AM hits I forget how to speak English...
It's quite possible they won't either, but Sony does all sorts of fascinating things, like the PSP Go.

this is an awesome idea and i will buy if the price is like, 3000 yen or under. shared save files are the real winning feature.

it says dual shock support but does that actually mean they'll tweak it for camera control?

Takao

Banned
Callibretto said:
I'm sure this series only work for psp re-releases. New ngp game wont be playable on ps3 for obvious reason you mention.

The thing is people bitched and moaned about wanting PSP games on another platform, and Sony listened rather than getting those people to you know, buy a PSP. Now people may expect that to become the norm, and expect all major NGP titles to find themselves on PS3 or PS4 within a year or so.

345triangle said:
this is an awesome idea and i will buy if the price is like, 3000 yen or under. shared save files are the real winning feature.

it says dual shock support but does that actually mean they'll tweak it for camera control?

It could be as simple as mapping psp button to dualshock like you can map ps1 controller to psp for ps1 games

Takao said:
The thing is people bitched and moaned about wanting PSP games on another platform, and Sony listened rather than getting those people to you know, buy a PSP. Now people may expect that to become the norm, and expect all major NGP titles to find themselves on PS3 or PS4 within a year or so.
Psp is already near the end of its lifecycle. sure people can wait ngp games on home console, just prepare to wait 5 or 6 year for it and it'd probably for ps4 instead of ps3

Maybe I'll be able to play Tactics Ogre before the NGP? I doubt it, but the would be sweet. If this comes to the U.S., they better have Peace Walker.

Top Bottom