• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL PC Enhanced Online Beta ...free weekend happening right now

fernoca

Runs great on my 980Ti, 4K with everything maxed.

Tempted, but if there's no crossplay, what's the point? It'll be dead.
MK games in general has always "been dead" online. Most play against friends online or just locally. There will be matches, even on MKvsDCU you can find people, but nothing big

Throwing PS4 people will only throw like 100 people per hour. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now fix Arkham Knight and maybe your PC ports will sell again, WB.

Seems to run great. Just served as a reminder that I hate online play in fighting games though. Jumped into my first match and I'm getting combo'd forever so I rage quit. Money saved!

They keep making fighting games more and more complicated with more and more bullshit systems. I like MK2 and SF2.

Yeah I hate DOTA because I couldn't qualify for The International even though I never played prior to the Open NA Qualifiers

gelf

Well I played it while getting my arse handed to me enough to confirm it performs fine on my PC so I'll certainly look to buy it in future. I won't play it any more until then since I can't be bothered fighting randoms and this beta doesn't even let you go into training mode to at least get some idea what your doing.

Chances are I'll just play single player anyway but it's good to know the game actually works.

Fordfx2

vince.gif

Koeta

I'm happy to hear they changed their minds on PC version support, I honestly wasn't going to look at Injustice 2 even if it comes to PC because of the shit they pulled with MKXL, but if they don't screw over owners of MKX with this update by making us buy the game again or something I'll be up for some Injustice 2 for sure, loved the first one.

fernoca

This seems unlikely.

They even have the original game in the depots for this one, that's most likely where they continued their work.
Yeah, more of a bad choice of words. They did put some good amout of work, cleaned code, optimized along fixing a lot of things that they couldn't do originally.

QLOC took the reigns over High Voltage around summer last year, but with everything as it was they couldn't just patch things out easily. It wasn't until September 2015 that they got the game on a better stage, but more work was needed and they were busy back then with DMC Definitive Edition with was released on September too. Is part of the reason the netcode and KP2 never made it on time.

Guess they were waiting for QLOC so they could focus of finishing the job. Obviously WB sucks at informing things anyway. XD

Zafir

Shame they didn't even let you go into the training mode in the beta.

I don't really feel up to the task of just jumping into online without knowing how to play anyone! Guess I'd have to re-download X.

jett

D-Member
I had forgotten how stiff MK feels. And I don't remember shit about any character. :|

Online seems to work all right.

Shame they didn't even let you go into the training mode in the beta.

I don't really feel up to the task of just jumping into online without knowing how to play anyone! Guess I'd have to re-download X.

Eh. Just jump in. You're in the same boat as most

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Anyone else having their in-game button config not save? I tried all the presets and turned off release-check etc, but when the match happens it goes back to default.

Nabs

Can they get QLOC to fix up MK9 and Injustice as well? I just played another 30-60 minutes and it was some of the most fun I've had with an NRS game online.

They need to add cross platform support. No point buying a fighting game on PC with the dead community the game is gonna have in a week.

The netcode is so good you don't need an enormous community. Plus, MK fans on PC want to be able to play the game, they've never been able to.

pHand

All the pre-fight intros and finishers are still there, they're all just cutscenes. Add in every possible costume and variant for every character combo and that's a lot of space.

The beta doesn't include the 13 GB of story mode cutscenes, either, so the final size will likely be a little over 40 GB.

I'm gonna keep the beta files for now and hope that the final version will recognize them.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is anyone else with a 21:9 monitor having a problem with the screen stretching? It's fine at 2560x1920 for me, but I need to run the game at a lower resolution to get 60 fps and that's when the problems start happening.

I did find a workaround though- my laptop is hooked up to the monitor, and I just mirror the displays to effectively force 1920x1080. I got it playable at this res, but if I try to lower it more...the screen stretches again.

This only has been a problem in SFV and this game.

Compbros

The beta doesn't include the 13 GB of story mode cutscenes, either, so the final size will likely be a little over 40 GB.

I'm gonna keep the beta files for now and hope that the final version will recognize them.

Probably not, the enhanced beta on consoles was an entirely different app.

Sadly outside of the MKXL Online Beta, NHS currently doesn't have any specifics at this time.

Though I'm sure they will let us know as soon as they can.

e5b780c6cd40eac8135cc72a744d1efc.png

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I've run into almost nothing but seasoned vets who know 40+ dmg combos for a ton of characters who they switch to when they get tired beating me up :(((
Lol, I've run into nothing but people who are obviously playing for the first time. It's not fun for either party.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Now fix Arkham Knight and maybe your PC ports will sell again, WB.

Arkham Knight been fixed.

Wait, has it? When was this? O.O

(downloads again on steam.. )

As fixed as its going to get which is definitely playable. I've got over 150 hours with it on Steam.

Correction: It's fixed if you have at least 3GB VRAM, and you're not on Windows 7, and you preferably have an i7 or at least 1866MHz RAM.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Is anyone else with a 21:9 monitor having a problem with the screen stretching? It's fine at 2560x1920 for me, but I need to run the game at a lower resolution to get 60 fps and that's when the problems start happening.

I did find a workaround though- my laptop is hooked up to the monitor, and I just mirror the displays to effectively force 1920x1080. I got it playable at this res, but if I try to lower it more...the screen stretches again.

This only has been a problem in SFV and this game.

It's probably in borderless windowed mode.

Edit: I realized my mistake a millisecond too late.

RM8

Runs great, the netcode is pretty great too. Especially considering I'm in Japan now, the game wasn't released here so I'm only playing against people in other regions.

pHand

Probably not, the enhanced beta on consoles was an entirely different app.

I meant that I'd move the files into whatever folder Steam puts the final game in, and hopefully Steam will discover them and verify some/most of them so I wouldn't have to download the whole thing again. In fact, I'll test it out with MKX files tomorrow and see if the XL beta will use any of those.

Edit: Just tried using MKX's files for the MKXL beta, and less than a gig verified, lol. It was basically just the movies and like 9 asset files. Still, if the the XL beta files aren't changed too much for the final release then I think there's a good chance most will be verified.

So I just ran the benchmark and it ran like butter. For contrast at launch and weeks after (stopped trying to play after that) I had sub 45 fps on minimum settings at very low resolution (in fact I had 45ish fps no matter the settings it seems, really fucked up). I have the minimum specs for the game pretty much (HD5850, core i7 930) and running at full 1080p and low settings I never drop below 60fps. Finally the game runs like it should have at launch!

Renesis

So I just ran the benchmark and it ran like butter. For contrast at launch and weeks after (stopped trying to play after that) I had sub 45 fps on minimum settings at very low resolution (in fact I had 45ish fps no matter the settings it seems, really fucked up). I have the minimum specs for the game pretty much (HD5850, core i7 930) and running at full 1080p and low settings I never drop below 60fps. Finally the game runs like it should have at launch!

X-rays still drop to 30fps right?

MK games in general has always "been dead" online. Most play against friends online or just locally. There will be matches, even on MKvsDCU you can find people, but nothing big

Throwing PS4 people will only throw like 100 people per hour. :p
If I could find a handful of UK PC regulars, I'd probably pick it up. But that's easier said than done.

Carlius

Banned
Tried it..gave it a chance for an hour.or so, uninstalled. It just reminded me why sfv is still the best fighting game around and thats not changing soon.

Correction: It's fixed if you have at least 3GB VRAM, and you're not on Windows 7, and you preferably have an i7 or at least 1866MHz RAM.

Or you know, you don't mind sub-60 FPS and very rare stuttering.

There are many worse performing games (CoH2, ARK, definitely pre-patch DayZ), post-patches AK plays better than those games. The story and boss "battles" are way more of the problem than performance for me, Batmobile is a major letdown for some.

Wonko_C

QLOC as usual doing miraculous port jobs that run better than they have the right to on my 8 year old pc.

The original version couldn't even run that well with everything on the lowest as it was full of frame drops and stutters, now it runs smooth as butter.

Top Bottom