• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone picking up the Collector's Edition and wants to sell their velvet bag, please PM me!

i'm downloading the game day 0 but i really want a velvet bag for my vita and this one looks super damn rad.

can't wait to play this.

This is an incredibly boring game, as far as I'm concerned, but goddammit if it doesn't deliver some beautiful art.

Pretty much my feelings after playing the import.

I stopped playing at stage 7 (I think) of Momohime's story. The stages are repetitive, recycled boxes. Empty wastelands with no NPCs or anything to do except eat (admittedly well animated) food. The bosses are a high point as they actually require some thought during combat, but the rest of the game's battles feel super mashy. I played on Shura mode, and after a few stages stopped trying to be clever about fighting and just held down the sword button and wiggled directions to make Momohime slash through enemies. I tended to combo and stay airborne longer doing that.

Maybe you can apply more technique and come up with different combos in different situations but it honestly made no difference to me at a certain point. There's little point in even being careful since if you die, you get to restart in the room right where you left off. And as for the 108 blades, I was only ever using the strongest blades in my inventory as the special moves weren't so useful as to make me want to trade off damage.

The game feels like an exercise in style over substance.

Charging for additional content in a 3 year old port or hin voting with his wallet?

It's just... idk weird? If this was dlc for the original wii game (somehow, idk, i think wii supported dlc?) I'd be fine... but from the title and what not this does sound like some enhanced edition with the added bonus feature of a jump button and the privilege for users to buy dlc!

It's a weird business decision that just feels so dumb that idk... I think ill just get dragon crown instead to support them...

Also... its $40 for a single hd remastering. Throw in odin sphere too and i'll feel more incline to buy these dlc characters.

Taker666

Misleading title. Vita isn't capable of HD.

I'm sure it will look damn nice but calling any Vita game HD is factually incorrect.

kick51

Banned
Will the limited edition actually be limited? Seems like they very rarely are these days and end up dropping in price.

Wonko_C

nRBbckG.png

The good ones were already taken (=P) but I'll be taking this one, thanks!

Can't wait for this game, I don't know if I'll get used to jumping with a button, though. Is it optional?

Wii version was 60fps so 99.99% sure this too. I think Mutant Blobs Attack is the only 2D 30fps game on Vita, let's hope it stays that way.

Noi

I'm thinking about importing this, but the DLC is holding me back.

Do we know how significant it is?

The additional character scenarios are supposedly about 2 chapters long. Honestly, I'd import it just for the main game because the first DLC character isn't even out in Japan yet, so who knows when all 4 will be out for the NA version. :p

Young Magus

Man this and project x zone on the same day xp.
Picked up the wii version back when it was $12, don't mind double-dipping again down the line.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Does platinuming the game involve replaying the game lots of time and are there any crazy trophies?

Hmm, the hardest ones will be the 2 that involve seeing all the endings of each respective character in Fury/1 hit kill mode...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmm, the hardest ones will be the 2 that involve seeing all the endings of each respective character in Fury/1 hit kill mode...

D:

Goodbye platinum. I might rage over furry mode.

Labrys

Was just going to get the regular edition, but DAMN that Litograph! I can't resist Vanillaware art...
I'll have to take a little time off Animal Crossing to play this next week.

Noi

1MB8vdo.gif

I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge, but why the hell not.

There will also be ten various PSN avatars available to purchase on 6/25 as well :)

I'm still waiting for BlazBlue avatars on PSN, you jerks.
LLShC.gif
There better be avatars for Chronophantasma!

Holmes

Nice OT. So pumped! Collector's edition day one.

For those who've played the Wii version, how does the trophy list rank in terms of difficulty? Multiple playthroughs required or no?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Switched to the LE today. Hooray!

Glad to help out in the littlest way, Noi. It turned out well. :)

WELP. Now I know this is a game ULTROS! isn't going to plat at all. Bahahaha.

ULTROS!

At least I platinumed VLR, Aksys. >_>

I hope Dragon's Crown is platinumable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like the little nod to 999 with the "Hours, Persons, Doors" trophy. & damn, 2 trophies related to beating Fury Mode/1-Hit Deaths. Not sure if I even wanna attempt those.

Edit: Oh hey, finally a member. Now I can make threads.

Dantis

The additional character scenarios are supposedly about 2 chapters long. Honestly, I'd import it just for the main game because the first DLC character isn't even out in Japan yet, so who knows when all 4 will be out for the NA version. :p

Alright then.

If the DLC is amazing and I miss out on it because I imported, though, I'm going to be mega sad face.

I've been looking for this info everywhere but didn't find anything about it:
Was this dubbed? Japanese audio only like Wii? Dual Audio?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I keep forgetting this is coming out this month. I just bought the J&D Collection, but I'll still pick this up next week, but probably on the weekend, so I can have more time to play the other stuff on my plate.

I really, really enjoyed what I played of this at E3. Looked gorgeous, and the combat seemed fun.

BOTEC

Awesome OT, Noi! :D

Also, it seems that the English trophy names/descriptions are available online for those that want to take a peek:

Just one more week, my friends! :)

I remember fulfilling the Hours, Persons, Doors achievement requirements in the original game and I was bummed there was no blip telling me I did something cool. That was probably the first and only time I missed that system.

Top Bottom