• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Labrys

Canceled my LE. Lithograph's nice, but really tiny.
I'll be fine with the regular edition. $5 off at Amazon, too.

So are anyone's amazon orders actually going to arrive on Tuesday? This is the first game I've ordered from there where that's not an option. It's not even shipping until Tuesday. Prime members in particular, because we tend to get free release date shipping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So are anyone's amazon orders actually going to arrive on Tuesday? This is the first game I've ordered from there we that's not an option. It's not even shipping until Tuesday. Prime members in particular, because we tend to get free release date shipping.
I've got Prime & mine says it's arriving on Thursday.

Anyone have an size measurement of the lithograph? I'm hearing it's small, and I've got one that's about 10" tall, 7.5" wide. Is it smaller than that?

Grisby

Hrrrmmm, Gamestop.com now says it's the 28th for the regular edition. Hope that isn't true and I can still get mine Tuesday.

I mean, doesn't make much sense that the SE still says the 25th.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm deciding to buy this instead of Project X Zone... wise choice?

I've never played it before but it reminds of Dust: An Elysium Tail. Fair comparison?

X Zone and this share the same criticsms, though; They both are games that are great to start, but for many, wear thin due to "repetition" all over.

If it came down to only being able to support one on release, I'd choose X zone, because it's the riskier gamble to bring over, and supporting it could DO more overall.

But if it comes down to gameplay, I'd suggest Muramasa, because it's just a more exciting to control game.

I think comparing it to Dust is pretty fair. Though I have to admit, game-design wise, I think Noggy's game is superior!

Is Best Buy selling this? I can only find a listing for the Wii version online.

My experience with BB an titles like this, is that they won't appear on store shelves immediately. They'll just pop up in store, in small quantities one day, if ever.

So if you want it day 1, Gamestop, and Amazon seem to be the only safe bets (in the US).

Screw the haters, getting the limited edition for dat box.

I'd never buy the armor and sticker separately.... but in a pack with soundtrack, Lithograph, and an awesome velvet pouch! OF COURSE! It's kinda a feature-filled LE. Only other thing I wish it came with, was a voucher for the first of the DLC for the game.

cluderi

Hmmm.... looking forward to this. Bet it looks lovely on that OLED screen. Digital version for me as I don't want to import.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone planning to platinum this game? There's a crazy trophy on
getting all the endings on extra hard mode aka the one hit kill mode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I'm gonna aim for everything but the
1-hit kill/Fury Mode
trophies. There'd have to be an awesome reward to motivate me to get those. I don't mind aiming for trophies, but I have my limits when one seems too hard or grindy. Still deciding on the one with
beating the game in 3 hours or less.

Now that I think about it, there hasn't been word on if the DLC characters will have trophies as well, right?

Noi

Now that I think about it, there hasn't been word on if the DLC characters will have trophies as well, right?

All we know about the DLC period is that it's being made.
KuGsj.gif

Forgot this was coming out. My order of the Amitabha Edition on amazon says it won't be here until the 27th, though. :(

Edit: Nvm, saw that panda_85 had my original avatar. Gonna use this one instead.

Yuterald

Looking forward to replaying this game. Despite the poor localization, I actually enjoyed playing this game more than Odin Sphere. Sure, OS had a much better narrative/story and the characters were far more interesting (also due to a better localization), but Muramasa was just more fun to simply pick up and play. It's also not NEARLY as repetitive as Odin Sphere.

Can't wait to hear this tune again!

Rarutos

Great OT, Noi!

Sadly, I can't afford the LE so I'm settling for the standard edition. Luckily I got that 10 dollar off pre-order a while back on Newegg. :)

Nakiro

Looking forward to replaying this game. Despite the poor localization, I actually enjoyed playing this game more than Odin Sphere. Sure, OS had a much better narrative/story and the characters were far more interesting (also due to a better localization), but Muramasa was just more fun to simply pick up and play. It's also not NEARLY as repetitive as Odin Sphere.

Can't wait to hear this tune again!

They re-did the localization for this one.

DLC will have 4 new playable characters, that's all they said so far concerning the DLC

I loved the game on the Wii......it really surprised me how much I loved it.

I’ll get it whenever the hell it comes out in Australia, or I'll just import it : /

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Came to ask if they're redoing the localization. Great to see! The original version was straight up unintelligible at points.

AFAIK, Xseed tried to stay close to the Japanese version (which was very wordy and flowery) unlike Ignition, they sparknoted the text and removed the personality.

tokkun

How's the story in Muramasa?

It's serviceable. Not too memorable, but it doesn't get in the way of the action - at least with the original translation. I'm a little worried that the story may get cumbersome with the wordiness of the new translation.

ULTROS!

Dammit, now I'm mixing up Xseed with Aksys like how people mix up Aksys and Arc System Works.

Although Marvelous owns the Muramasa franchise, and Xseed is a part of Marvelous. I still find it weird that Xseed isn't localizing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm so confused. Can I get my CE tomorrow or on the 28th?
If you ordered from Amazon, it may take a few days. Otherwise, if you are able to just pick it up at GameStop or someplace, then you should be able to just get it tomorrow.

Abylim

Sigh, the place I usually buy from isnt getting this. Any hope of this getting released in EU? or just grab it now on ebay?

Top Bottom