• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Don't see anyone else rocking the L as a ninja avatar, so I'm taking it.

gcgFa29.png

MINE!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Can't wait to revisit this on the go. I bought the Wii u version day one but... Never did play it past two hours :p. I can't commit to wii games D:

Also I still have that awesome pre-order bonus from gamestop wrapped up!

Grisby

Dedicated jump button will probably also be amazing! I can't even imagine what the control scheme was before. D:
Yeah, it's been so long I don't even remember. Gonna try and make this the first vanillaware game I finish since I also bought Oden Sphere back in the ps2 days and never completed it.

Elios83

Is this confirmed for next tuesday?
Time to use my US account :D My last Vita game was Persona 4, bought digitally on the US store.

P90

I have the regular version pre-ordered. Did it months ago. Is it worth the extra $ for the collectors edition? Is the cover like the Logitech PSP clam shell covers? The description does not seem that this is so, but the pic looks like it is. I am confused. TIA.

d0nd

man i keep watching the Japanese trailer fo the vita over and over

i cannot wait i might drop last of us to play this

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have the regular version pre-ordered. Did it months ago. Is it worth the extra $ for the collectors edition? Is the cover like the Logitech PSP clam shell covers? The description does not seem that this is so, but the pic looks like it is. I am confused. TIA.

It's this one just a different color. They're somewhat like the Logitech covers but I'd argue they're not as good since it doesn't have rubber padding inside the case. But I haven't used one so I can only share speculation, absolutely love the Playgear Portable for the PSP though, saved my ass plenty of times!

Noi

It's this one just a different cover. They're somewhat like the Logitech covers but I'd argue they're not as good since it doesn't have rubber padding inside the case. But I haven't used one so I can only share speculation, absolutely love the Playgear Portable for the PSP though, saved my ass plenty of times!

I use the one from the P4G CE and never take it off, even while playing. It's comfy enough and serves as a sort of grip since it makes the whole thing bigger!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What's the deal with release dates for this game? Some places say tomorrow for specific versions.

boingball

So this does not come out in Europe? Thanks SCEE. Well, we all know, that this game would be overlooked anyway in the flood of games coming out for the Vita.

And thank you Sony for region locking the Vita (ok, I know, I can change accounts with a very convenient procedure...).
Would have imported the physical release but seeing that it has DLC that is not an option either.

Nice OT though.

Lockon

I called my Gamestop this morning to check on the release date. Apparently, I can pick it up tomorrow. So if anyone pre-ordered at a store, you should probably call them and check if you can pick it up today, tomorrow, or next week(25th).

Pejo

Gold Member
Totally forgot I had this thing pre-ordered on that Newegg deal for 30. Can't wait to play through it again on my Vita. This is probably the first Vita game I've been genuinely excited to get day 1, not that I haven't been surprised by a few titles.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I called my Gamestop this morning to check on the release date. Apparently, I can pick it up tomorrow. So if anyone pre-ordered at a store, you should probably call them and check if you can pick it up today, tomorrow, or next week(25th).

I'm afraid to try pre-ordering it at Gamestop...their release dates now show 6/25 for the LE and 6/28 for the regular edition.

Just pre-ordered the limited edition on amazon but oddly enough it doesn't seem like it'll ship until the release date. So with prime free 2 day it'll arrive on the 27th. Hopefully that changes.

Is this game being sold only online? I went to GS and they didn't have it for preorder?

In-store gamestop doesn't seem to offer the LE at all despite offering it at their website(I tried a few weeks ago as well). They had the regular edition but I decided to order the CE from amazon.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is this game being sold only online? I went to GS and they didn't have it for preorder?

This is probably because it's so close to release. Things start to drop out of their system when they get near release.

I was able to reserve the LE about a week back, so it was there at some point...

This is probably because it's so close to release. Things start to drop out of their system when they get near release.

I was able to reserve the LE about a week back, so it was there at some point...

Weird, perhaps my local store is just incompetent. Lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I waited so long for this game i can wait a few more days. I'm working all week anyway. I'll pick it up a couple days after release. Pretty sure it wont sell out.

Roubjon

I completely forgot I preordered this on Newegg for $30. Can't wait! I'll probably throw that saved $10 into the DLC or something.

TheChaos0

So this does not come out in Europe? Thanks SCEE. Well, we all know, that this game would be overlooked anyway in the flood of games coming out for the Vita.

And thank you Sony for region locking the Vita (ok, I know, I can change accounts with a very convenient procedure...).
Would have imported the physical release but seeing that it has DLC that is not an option either.

Nice OT though.

If you haven't the original game the dlc hardly matters. Still a shame that there were no news of EU release.

NEO0MJ

I remember it being pretty meh on the Wii, fun at first but it gets boring fast. If the DLC was included with the game I would have been tempted to pick it up again, right now no. Don't want to burn myself out with Dragon's Crown coming soon.

chrono01

I had no idea that the soundtrack came as a standard bonus, I thought it was a pre-order bonus at select stores.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com since they listed it and Amazon.ca didn't. If I had known, I would have just pre-ordered it from within Canada. :(

Oh well.

Noi

I had no idea that the soundtrack came as a standard bonus, I thought it was a pre-order bonus at select stores.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com since they listed it and Amazon.ca didn't. If I had known, I would have just pre-ordered it from within Canada. :(

Oh well.

The site itself says that it's a retailer-specific pre-order bonus, but I guess it's just part of the box for the CE.

So, besides the new translation/localization... how did the port turn out? Slowdown, load times, content, etc?

We'll tell ya when a review pops up!

chrono01

The site itself says that it's a retailer-specific pre-order bonus, but I guess it's just part of the box for the CE.
Yeah, it seems as though Aksys just decided to include it in every copy of the Limited Edition.

That's great news indeed, I just wish I had known prior to release so I could pre-order it somewhere closer. :(

It's all the same, though. I don't even have a Vita at the moment, so it's not as though I'll be waiting anxiously to play it. I can survive the slightly longer delivery time.

Absolutely devoured the JP version. Amazing what a jump button does for this game.

Get some nice headphones or plug into a nice set, this game is a Rez-like experience to me.

Roubjon

Absolutely devoured the JP version. Amazing what a jump button does for this game.

Get some nice headphones or plug into a nice set, this game is a Rez-like experience to me.

All of a sudden I'm more excited than I ever was for this game. Does it have good music?

I'm deciding to buy this instead of Project X Zone... wise choice?

I've never played it before but it reminds of Dust: An Elysium Tail. Fair comparison?

Top Bottom