• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Event: Year of the Rooster (Lunar New Year) (Jan 24-Feb 13, CTF mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll bring the HotS + Genji alt promotion back at some point, right? :-/

the current PTR version of DVa is easily the worst tank and is never worth picking. Its a really bad nerf

Her health is swapped to be 400 health and 200 armor instead of the current 400 armor 200 health, and her damage is chagned from 3 damage with 8 pellets to 2 damage from 11 pellets (and 8% nerf if all pellets hit)

This sounds small in theory, but in practice its horrid. Her survivability is gone since field cant compete with Reinhardt shield, her damage loss coupled with health change means she loses 1v1 battles with roadhog and reinhardt now, and still continues to lose to zarya of course. Winston still harasses far better than her, especially since the new spread means piddling damage against small targets.

There needs to be some trade-off for her ability for fly.

She never loses any battle 1v1 because she can escape, and she also has great pursuit. Roadhog and Reinhardt don't have that luxury. Winston might have mobility, but he doesn't have range. I think D.va has a lot going for her, and players should play the change out for a while before making judgments.

LiK

Which is awesome if only it wasn't locked to playing matches in a computer game. Not all people have the game or computer to do so. I didn't but I found a way.

The fact is that on a ratio, characters like Genji, Widowmaker, and others still don't get as much stuff as Tracer and Mercy.

Which you couldn't get by playing the actual game it's available for...

true true

playing HOTS was a bit of torture.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
animation1q6uvo.gif

Aside from her skills, I don't see how people like Tracer as a character. That gif is the definition of the dreamworks face.

GrXsJyY.jpg

Hi everyone,

The game has MUCH better heroes than some lame shooting mech thing that eats almost all the damage in the game, and has the most boring 'weapons' in the game, takes for fucking ever to kill, and even when you kill it you have to deal with some tiny hitbox little pest.

I'm confident you can find a hero that is 100x more fun to play. Dva being that good was bad for the game.

Good luck :)

LiK

Hi everyone,

The game has MUCH better heroes than some lame shooting mech thing that eats almost all the damage in the game, and has the most boring 'weapons' in the game, takes for fucking ever to kill, and even when you kill it you have to deal with some tiny hitbox little pest.

I'm confident you can find a hero that is 100x more fun to play. Dva being that good was bad for the game.

You want me back to play D.va, don't you.

Joyful

Hi everyone,

ive had no problems killing dva lately, she wasnt that op
maybe in no limits where you can encounter 6 of her
but thats like maybe the second scummiest lineup after all symmetras w shield gens

Mendrox

Hi everyone,

No. Just cause she was boring to you doesnt mean they had to nerf her to oblivion. Her old HP and Armor were fine but now? The salt was real lol

Betty

Banned
Aside from her skills, I don't see how people like Tracer as a character. That gif is the definition of the dreamworks face.

Just because she's doing that face in one shot she's a bad character... right.

She's easily one of the most fun characters to play as and can annoy the competition as good as a competent Genji or Mei

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

She's easily one of the most fun characters to play as and can annoy the competition as good as a competent Genji or Mei

Obviously it's not just that gif, and you just used gameplay reasons to say why you like Tracer as a character.

Eggiem

Hi everyone,

I main Torbjörn. Am I doing this right? :D

Dec

If you separate gameplay from her character he's actually kind of right I think.

She's just about making that face and being excited all the time. A lot like the characters being poked fun at in that image.

Is your second point why you think she should be considered a good character?

There needs to be some trade-off for her ability for fly.

She never loses any battle 1v1 because she can escape, and she also has great pursuit. Roadhog and Reinhardt don't have that luxury. Winston might have mobility, but he doesn't have range. I think D.va has a lot going for her, and players should play the change out for a while before making judgments.

Bingo. She's not supposed to stand toe-to-toe with Reinhardt, easily hunt and kill squishies, and be able to instant-kill mech bomb control points with ease.

Trade-offs folks.

They need to look at Symmetra now too, because the turret change is good, but her main weapon is strong enough to make her a frontline fighter at times.

She's always sort of bothered me. Her VO/Dialogue sounds so much like an American trying to sound British.

"Pub anyone?!"

The voice actress is as British as they come, so it must be the dialogue. Hell, she was on Downton Abbey.

I love using D.Va (main character) and I've been using her right from the start and never in a gung-ho fashion (she's far too fragile of a tank to do this) but I'll be disappointed if she's nerfed to the point of being even weaker to her pre-buff state.

With that said, can't wait to get all these skins.

From a more casual standpoint of play I always felt D-Va was pretty solid (heck I played a ton of her back in the days of the original defense matrix), I think the buffs they gave her to make her more competitively viable ended up also making her way too potent for your standard online matches.
In essence I think she may be tricky to balance due to the combo of movement and survivability (be it simply having an extra chance in the "zero suit" or the increased armor making her too tanky in recent changes).

It's... not even vaguely the Dreamworks face? The Dreamworks face is intended to be kinda edgy anti-hero, but Tracer is just being goofy in that gif. She's a goofy, optimistic hero.

Which in response to a previous post of "how can anyone like Tracer?" is why I like Tracer.
It's like how Reaper is kinda fun for being a knowing nod towards edgelord characters, things don't have to be particularly deep here.

D.Va was always supposed to be somewhat squishy by tank standards, to balance out being able to dash/fly, shoot forever, have a shield that eats every projectile in the game (including ults and stuff like S76's biotic field), and two health bars.

But people complained that she wasn't a "real tank" so Blizzard buffed her, which along with Ana's grenade made her a nightmare who could effectively soak up an absurd amount of damage compared to before, and get consistently rewarded for this recklesss aggression with one of the strongest ults in the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They need to look at Symmetra now too, because the turret change is good, but her main weapon is strong enough to make her a frontline fighter at times.
They need to kill her guns range, I don't know why they buffed that on top of the other changes.

GrXsJyY.jpg

That's one of the ways in which she is insufferable, yes. Then you've also got to take into account all her badly written dialogue ("Cheers luv" as a greeting... wut), her overegged delivery of said dialogue, her incredibly annoying playstyle and the fact that there was a controversy surrounding her ass even though she has no ass to speak of.

She's always sort of bothered me. Her VO/Dialogue sounds so much like an American trying to sound British.

"Pub anyone?!"

As someone who is English, she literally does sound to me like an American doing her worst best attempt at a cockney accent. Like Dick Van Dyke, but turned up to 11 and without any of the charm. Just... nails on a chalkboard. I couldn't believe it when I found out the actress is from Yorkshire.

Why does everyone hate tracer?
):
Don't worry, they're just haters. Tracer is great!

If I'm honest, I can't understand hating any of the Overwatch characters. They're all just really fun! Heck, Blizzard even managed to make the generic soldier character highly likeable, so you know they're good.

Mr Git

The voice actress is as British as they come, so it must be the dialogue. Hell, she was on Downton Abbey.

I'd imagine like a lot of British actors working on US productions that she was asked to ham it up to 11. I'm British but it doesn't bother me too much, but then she's muh main. So slippery. We definitely need some new (British) characters that aren't Cockney/Mockney though. A Scottish tank or a Yerkshire healer would be reet.

If you've problems with Tracer's face she has a couple of skins that cover it, but punk is best. She calls people wankers which makes up for all the football things.

That's one of the ways in which she is insufferable, yes. Then you've also got to take into account all her badly written dialogue ("Cheers luv" as a greeting... wut), her overegged delivery of said dialogue, her incredibly annoying playstyle and the fact that there was a controversy surrounding her ass even though she has no ass to speak of.

As someone who is English, she literally does sound to me like an American doing her worst best attempt at a cockney accent. Like Dick Van Dyke, but turned up to 11 and without any of the charm. Just... nails on a chalkboard. I couldn't believe it when I found out the actress is from Yorkshire.

This is the truth.

Kurumi

They need to kill her guns range, I don't know why they buffed that on top of the other changes.

So much this. That shit is beyond ridiculous. I mean the damn beam can go around corners. Not even around it goes through them. And once she's locked on to you good luck getting away.

xaosslug

Why does everyone hate tracer?
):

because she's the star of the game, STAYS getting the lion's share of goodies, and peeps probably can't play her well? So, they mad. LOL

HD trailer of the event CAPTURE THE FLAG YEEE, dont know if its been posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5afe9y0LQ8

New Skins and Emotes -

Junkrat
Tracer
Mei
Symmetra
Dva
Winston
Zenyatta
Mercy
Reinhardt
Bastion
Roadhog

Edit: Oh my god that Tracer lion emote WANTTTTTTTTTTTTT

that D.Va skin is a damn mess. I can't. -___-

How come they just don't limit her super blast radius and distance she can fly instead of swapping armor and health as well as lower bullet damage?

Edit - see nothing in OP

Is this event getting a new game mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom