• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I remember when i first played GTS on my Pro, i was trying to select the higher res mode and it wouldn't let me. 30 mins later i realized i was in high rez mode. Man its a seriously jaggy ugly mess with terrible pop in. Nothing like the pics on here in the flesh when you play it. Nice at times once your eyes adjust.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Amazing looking game above, nice pics.....On the flip, pretty much all the Forza pics a few posts prior look really dark or severely overcast. It's like Forza 7 can't do proper daylight lighting (is there a sun out there somewhere?)....In general, the lighting in Forza is just way behind the competition, the composition of most of these Forza pics looks so bland in comparison due to lighting, so no favors were done to Forza there. Couple that with worse PBR, less ATD, worse foliage, worse crowds, absent pitcrews, severely worse DD, pretty much all the tech in F7 are a few notches below "the way it's rendered in GTS", so you can see why Forza 7 runs at 1080p 60fps on S or 4k on X. Which brings me to IQ, Forza still has issues with thin lines and fences, MSAA does not clean that, rendering at a higher resolution, 16x AF, and SS'ing this game does not fix bad lighting, 2D crowds and 2D foliage galore, weaker PBR and car details, weaker trackside detail and draw distance. On the consoles, in motion, higher resolution does not fix 30fps mirrors and weaker tech on reflections and shadows. It's like rendering Pong at 4k and saying it's the best looking game, it does not work that way, the tech is weaker, if anything, at the higher resolution the technical weaknesses/compromises of F7 are just amplified and appear more glaring under scrutiny.
You want to stay of the crack.

carsar

I remember when i first played GTS on my Pro, i was trying to select the higher res mode and it wouldn't let me. 30 mins later i realized i was in high rez mode.
Same with me. forza 7 looks sharp and clean, If i seat 1m from TV. GTS looks good only at 2m+.

tuyang

Neo Member
PS4 pro

41664287554_30c3862963_o.jpg

41664287994_ff79f0a3f1_o.jpg

40579650950_4872c90989_o.jpg

27517587197_02458deb81_o.jpg

40579653050_bd55027920_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingen

Banned
PS4 PRO in 1080p mode and from time trial (where the game cutt off crowds and other track elements) vs pc max setting 4K downsampling for FM7.... LOL

meanwhile in real life....

fm10t2u47.png

20180530221151yuu0c.jpg

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
PS4 PRO in 1080p mode and from time trial (where the game cutt off crowds and other track elements) vs pc max setting 4K downsampling for FM7.... LOL

meanwhile in real life....

fm10t2u47.png

20180530221151yuu0c.jpg
Hahah another one keep coming, funy still using photomode to make Forza look bad and help GTS for native 4K . Also look at the road texture, looks like smeared with vaseline that image is nothing to brag about. You guys just can't handel the truth. I wil do another comparison on that track in GAMEPLAY.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Hahah another one keep coming, funy still using photomode to make Forza look bad and help GTS for native 4K . Also look at the road texture, looks like smeared with vaseline that image is nothing to brag about. You guys just can't handel the truth. I wil do another comparison on that track in GAMEPLAY.

other 1080p time trial image for GTS vs 4k full setting pc images for FM7? no thanks

Turk1993

other 1080p time trial image for GTS vs 4k full setting pc images for FM7? no thanks
Funny that you said that, cuz looking at the pics you post you are the one that post 4K GTS image and 1080p overexposed Forza image. Also both are 1080p, the image from GTS exports at 4K because of the pro. But keep posting 4K GTS photomode picture, maybe you wil able to render GTS in 4K 16x AF 8xMSAA in gameplay when the PS5 launch in 2021.

Turk1993

MODERATION NOTE:

To Turk as well as everyone else contributing to the thread. Please "contextualize" the comparisons by pointing out what you are trying to demonstrate. Don't spam the thread with too many images just stick to the ones that better exemplifies your case.

Turk1993 Turk1993 reason why images were deleted in the post is so you can edit this post and the other ones with the above linings into consideration. So please re evaluate your post. Thank you.
Edit: delete

Last edited:

Turk1993

MODERATION NOTE: Contribution is appreacited but please redit the posts with the suggestions made to make the thread more easy to read. Please edit this one as well.

Edit: delete

Last edited:

Turk1993

tons of 1080p GTS images in time trial mode where the track is desert... congrats for your partisanship
Stop crying, all my Forza shots are 1080p too. Also if we compare them both at 4K believe me it wil do GTS more harm than good, because GTS is CB 1800p not native 4K. Also do you think that if i go to the race mode instead of time trail the tents, houses, flags and other track details become better outside more people? Cuz its not.

Hage Kamo

4k Forza7
Cloudy
hWowaMT.jpg

rain
z8hcK2P.jpg

Night
dspoctS.jpg

Games that do not have night in the sarthe circuit are outdated.
It was raining this year's Le Mans 24 hours

Gingen

Banned
Stop crying, all my Forza shots are 1080p too. Also if we compare them both at 4K believe me it wil do GTS more harm than good, because GTS is CB 1800p not native 4K. Also do you think that if i go to the race mode instead of time trail the tents, houses, flags and other track details become better outside more people? Cuz its not.

Time trial
20180531114450onpj1.jpg

In race
20180531114109cmqlz.jpg

stop your pathetic crusade against GTS using all the worst possible tricks to misrepresent the game

Turk1993

Time trial
20180531114450onpj1.jpg

In race
20180531114109cmqlz.jpg

stop your pathetic crusade against GTS using all the worst possible tricks to misrepresent the game
Again photomode, why not show gameplay? and also i have nothing against GTS, i paid 600€ to play these games and i love them. You and your mates on the other hand just blindly hate Forza and keep using footage from other people to make it look bad. Also if i wanted to make GTS look bad, believe me i have over 500 gameplay picture's of GTS and some are really bad. But i don't post them cuz that's just a small part that don't represent the whole game. Next time i wil use race mode and im 100% sure that Forza still gonna have the better track detail. That ferris wheel and the other buildings are not gonna get better or appear. I also didn't now that tents and cars dissapeared in time trail.

thelastword

Banned
I saw through him and called him out a long time ago in the thread. He used to post many photomode Forza pics with AA and MB out the Wazoo from a PC, non-gameplay, all PNG's of course, but yet get the shittiest GTS pics he could find at the JPG standard, gameplay of course, whydontyou..... I even questioned him about a particular pic which not only seemed to be PS4 vanilla vs PRO, but looked like different modes, like you've clearly pointed out, but he never answered, but he was keen enough to only give a " you are a fanboy response" which is typical.....because clearly, he is no fanboy and his comparisons are the fairest of them all......Cinderella...

At this point, you can't even follow any argument he may have, with how much he is spamming the thread with disingenous pics and 8-9 posts in succession filled with said pics. Also, follow this thread a few pages back and you will see I already addressed this poster on how he is doing his comparisons.

Last edited:
Hahah just like i tought another blind fanboy. I proved all my points, but you on the other hand didn't. You really need a check up for your eyes. The image you posted is clearly from photomode where DF compared the 2. You say that my shots are doctored and that its a lod issue lol, prove it. Also in Forza even if you hide the control menu the watermark stays. It clearly shows that you didn't play Forza at all.
27464058087_949d787287_o.png

27464058857_e34b3c5b52_o.png

40526970490_64e06deccd_o.png

40526973420_6460d89966_o.png

27464059277_d5c4d8e3d0_o.png

42279006872_b45cf0dc10_o.png

Also why should i render the image in GTS, you kept saying that GTS uses the highest quality car model in gameplay so does it become worse in photomode. Even after the render the textures are still the same. You guys just can't accept the truth.

Why would a elite blind fanboy admit that Forza demolishes on every aspect ? It's really that simple and what boils down to...you're dealing with a never ending cycle.

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
4k Forza7
Cloudy
hWowaMT.jpg

rain
z8hcK2P.jpg

Night
dspoctS.jpg

Games that do not have night in the sarthe circuit are outdated.
It was raining this year's Le Mans 24 hours

I see these screenshots and the first thing that pops into my head is Test Drive Le Mans on Sega Dreamcast. These graphics are absolutely astonishing, especially the middle one with the rain. I can't imagine anyone complaining about these. "Ugh, these graphics suuuuck. Why can't we have Playstation 5 nooowww?!"

"Alright, Junior, we're taking away your PS4 and giving you an Intellivision. Have at it."

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
where do you find that shit looking forza 7 footage please tell me!
cause on my x the game looks amazing

Hage Kamo

In GTS at la Sarthe there are tons of 3D trees and you have made a gif for the only few in 2D.... in FM7 every single tree of every single track is 2D, but you never produced a gif about that..... LOL

There is no meaning in the sarthe circuit with no annual precipitation of 0% annually.:rolleyes:
A racing game left behind in the era in which rain does not end in 2018.:eek:

Top Bottom