• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo FY 15 Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing (10.00 AM JST / 08.00 PM EST)

They can easily throw small games and vc games and stuff on 3ds and wiiu till next years nx launch.

You guys expect a whole system to get pumped out and save nintendo when games barely make it out the door these days.

That's right, folks! Nothing to see here. Say, how 'bout that Fire Emblem new 3DS XL?

TO EVERYONE LOOKING FOR ENGLISH SLIDES:

They are not up yet.

All english translation links so far have mistakenly been put up as the one from this Briefing.

They are from last quarter.

Please do not keep doing it.

Malus

TO EVERYONE LOOKING FOR ENGLISH SLIDES:

They are not up yet.

All english translation links so far have mistakenly been put up as the one from this Briefing.

They are from last quarter.

Please do not keep doing it.

mzDY5.gif

even q&a isn't up yet in Japanese, expecting english slides to already be up.. heh

Q&A usually takes a while in Japanese (and longer in English) since they need to be transcribed, but the slides are usually up the same day (likely translated before the event) for foreign investors to read. Or, they have been in the past.

Q&A usually takes a while in Japanese (and longer in English) since they need to be transcribed, but the slides are usually up the same day (likely translated before the event) for foreign investors to read. Or, they have been in the past.

iinm it's always jp q&a first before english slides... might be remembering wrong though

Bruno MB

Nintendo Selects sales (Europe only)

kLnUn6S.jpg

1. Mario Party: Island Tour
2. Nintendogs + Cats
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
4. Yoshi's New Island
5. Mario Tennis Open
6. Star Fox 64 3D

watershed

Banned
So mostly they just explained more about Miitomo and reiterated their future plans in terms of expanding their use of popular IPs. My Nintendo sounds fine but it's not really an exciting prospect. Miitomo, I still don't see the appeal. It feels like a less interesting Tomodachi Life in terms of my mii going out and sharing information with other miis. But where's the entertainment value in that? What's gonna hook people? I guess they are saving that part for a full reveal in march.

iMax

Honestly, it now really does look like it will be next year. The simple fact that they couldn't even tell there investors " Hey! we will discuss nx at E3 this year". I guess Zelda U is going to be the biggest thing we get this year.

Both Microsoft and Sony consistently denied the existence of their next-gen hardware until they actually announced them. Then they shipped the same year.

Nintendo's already ahead.

QaaQer

So mostly they just explained more about Miitomo and reiterated their future plans in terms of expanding their use of popular IPs. My Nintendo sounds fine but it's not really an exciting prospect. Miitomo, I still don't see the appeal. It feels like a less interesting Tomodachi Life in terms of my mii going out and sharing information with other miis. But where's the entertainment value in that? What's gonna hook people? I guess they are saving that part for a full reveal in march.

I believe the point behind it is that shy people can use it to communicate. It is very Japanese, like Splatoon.

Well they're still making tons of profit so they should be okay.

Investors should look for growth and potential, unless they're short term skittish investors.
Both Microsoft and Sony consistently denied the existence of their next-gen hardware until they actually announced them. Then they shipped the same year.

I don't think this is accurate, and we had tons of leaks before the new year thanks to the hardware being in so many hands.

Ōkami

27l.jpg

Best selling amiibos for the calendar year.

Japan
Inkling Girl
Squid
Inkling Boy
Mario (Smash)
Mario (8bit classic color)
Mario (8bit modern color)
Animal Crossing amiibo
Kirby
Yarn Yoshi
Other Animal Crossing amiibo

Mory Dunz

Ōkami;194094791 said:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/160203/img/27l.jpg[/IMGs]

Japan
Inkling Girl
Squid
Inkling Boy
Mario (Smash)
Animal Crossing amiibo
Kirby
Yarn Yoshi
Other Animal Crossing amiibo[/QUOTE]

Link, grunt if ur ok

JB2448

For everyone posting the Japanese (and English, when they get posted) slides, you can find them in higher resolutions by suffixing the lowercase letter l to the slide number:
Without the l:
Ōkami;194092430 said:
With the l:
36l.jpg

This works with every slide on Nintendo's IR site.

Ōkami;194094791 said:
27l.jpg

Japan
Inkling Girl
Squid
Inkling Boy
Mario (Smash)
Animal Crossing amiibo
Kirby
Yarn Yoshi

The AC amiibo are Isabelle and Digby respectively.

Ōkami;194091719 said:
33l.jpg

Titles with the highest digital downloads.

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Pokemon Rumble World
Mii Streetpass plaza?

Since last quarter Smash 4 3DS passed Mario Kart 8

The power of the Cloud.

AdanVC

Ōkami;194094791 said:
27l.jpg

Japan
Inkling Girl
Squid
Inkling Boy
Mario (Smash)
Animal Crossing amiibo
Kirby
Yarn Yoshi

Okay, Japan is now officially obsessed with Splatoon. Wich is kind of awesome really! And it's benefitial to everybody since you can get online on Splatoon and find a match in seconds due to the huge amount of Japanese players hah.

I wish I could be surprised that people are knee jerking about the future timetable of the NX based around an earnings call where it had no relevance and was never likely to be present. I really do.

wiibomb

Is there a single place where I can look at the info released? Specially with My Nintendo.

I surpriced no one has made a thread yet

Nanashrew

Banned
Is there a single place where I can look at the info released? Specially with My Nintendo.

I surpriced no one has made a thread yet

I think we're all waiting for the English slides to come in. I know I am. I really want to read more about My Nintendo and all of its features.

Top Bottom