• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2008

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
farnham said:
You have not experienced the whole..

SPM is the second comming of jesus...-> SPM sucks backlash..? it was because SPM was a RPG..

Its a simple and short RPG but it is definately a RPG.

dunno bout ToS 2 but FE RD sold well over 500k

FE GBA sold 500k in NA alone btw and FE games once did well over 500k in Japan alone..

well there are a lot of horrible RPGs.. that doesnt mean that those games suddenly turn into action games..

Woah I'm gonna need a source on those FE7 numbers. Thats ridiculously high for an SRPG in NA not name FFT

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
manueldelalas said:
No it wasn't Nintendo.

The Stamper brother sold their 51% stake of Rare to Microsoft.

Really? I always thought Nintendo had the majority, but I guess that makes sense. Still werent they given the opportunity to by those shares?

HK-47 said:
Really? I always thought Nintendo had the majority, but I guess that makes sense. Still werent they given the opportunity to by those shares?
Yeah they were given first option but could see rare wasn't worth what they wanted so the rest is history

Bananakin

Two questions:

How much did Galaxy sell before it left the charts, and has there been any updates since then (ie, shipment numbers in quarterly reports)?

How much did Brawl sell before it left the charts? Knowing the LTD total, it'd be interesting to see how much it's sold since then to get an idea of its legs.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
HK-47 said:
The price Microsoft paid for them was just too high, I believe it was like 370 million dollars.

That's like a record price for a game developer, and at the time of the purchase, Rare wasn't worth it (and it still isn't).
Their last Nintendo game, Starfox Adventures was horrible (I'm not counting the later GBA and DS games).

Kapsama

Eteric Rice said:
They're all generic now adays. They're nothing special anymore.

Hence generic.
titiklabingapat said:
Halo, Resistance and KZ are all generic.

Happy now?

(put them side by side in front of a non-gamer for the first time and I doubt they'd be able to tell the difference)

No I'm not happy because I don't agree that any of those are generic. They're all pretty different in many aspects.

Johann said:
It's really a matter of art direction. I can spot a game like Gears or Killzone (mostly due to the character design of the Helghast) in a montage (like Gametrailer's bonus round intro) thanks to their distinct look.

With Resistance, I always go "was that Resistance or Area 51: Blacksite or something?" I can imagine most consumers dismissing it as another Turning Point: Fall of Liberty or Timeshift due to the game's aesthetics.

Well that's the art direction and even though I don't agree I can understand others not being able to discern it on first look.

I'm moreso talking about the game's background, general gameplay, weaponry etc.

markatisu

AniHawk said:
Last year both Crisis Core and Chains of Olympus did.

Yup, March 2008...then never seen again not even in Top 10 PSP games

but I guess in regards to God of War it propably sold a great deal n the bundles that are not counted in single NPD software sku's

HK-47 said:
The entire game is based around aiming and shooting and the perspective. Just cause you backtrack and go on fetch quests doesnt change this.

In fact the series as gotten progressively more action shooter oriented.

And dont bother with the PMing. This thread has run its course. All thats left for it is more bitching and derailing. You didnt do anything to feel guilty for

I seriously can't disagree anymore with the bolded. The backtracking and adventuring IS the game, shooting is just how you attack. The shooting is the action part and the backtracking and exploration is the adventure hence "action-adventure". It's like saying Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence is a third person shooter when in fact it's a stealth game. Either way thanks for making me feel better of not feeling guilty and stuff.

wrowa said:
In Japan? Tales of Symphonia: DotNW. But no one knows how well or bad it sold in the US...

ToS:DotNW did better then both if I recall. Well at least LO.

Spiegel

markatisu said:
Yup, March 2008...then never seen again not even in Top 10 PSP games

but I guess in regards to God of War it propably sold a great deal n the bundles that are not counted in single NPD software sku's

Crisis Core + God of War sold 1.31 million units combined without bundles in 2008.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-confident-following-40-per-cent-rise-in-ps3-sales (Yeah, psp sales are so bad in the US that they have to combine games to reach the million)

Both were at ~830k combined at the end of April (~405k God of War and ~425k Crisis Core)

Crisis Core was also nº 11 in April in the All Formats Top 20 Chart and yeah, both were number one and two in the top 10 psp games that month.

April NPD
Top 10 PSP Titles:
1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus
3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
4. MLB '08: The Show
5. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
6. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
7. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
8. Patapon
9. Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City
10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

Bananakin said:
Two questions:

How much did Galaxy sell before it left the charts, and has there been any updates since then (ie, shipment numbers in quarterly reports)?

How much did Brawl sell before it left the charts? Knowing the LTD total, it'd be interesting to see how much it's sold since then to get an idea of its legs.

Brawl was at around 3.2m as of the May NPD, its last appearance in the Top 10. So it sold just under 1 million copies in the seven months since then. Pretty strong legs, especially considering is sold 2.7 million copies in its very first month. Looks almost certain to reach 5 million in the US.

Galaxy's known to have sold at least 3.3 million, but we don't have exact numbers for most of 2008, outside of some months where there was a number for a title that was lower on the Wii Top 10. Based on the 2008 Top 10, its 2008 numbers were lower than 1.65 million, but that's still a pretty large range available, depending on how much it was shifting each month.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
Crisis Core was also nº 11 in April in the All Formats Top 20 Chart and yeah, both were number one and two in the top 10 psp games that month.

April NPD
Top 10 PSP Titles:
1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
2. God of War: Chains of Olympus
3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
4. MLB '08: The Show
5. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
6. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
7. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
8. Patapon
9. Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City
10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

GTA Vice City is an animal on PSP because it still is in the Top 10 of PSP as of December

Spiegel

markatisu said:
GTA Vice City is an animal on PSP because it still is in the Top 10 of PSP as of December

Vice City Stories PSP debuted out of the TOP 20 in November 06' (<150k iirc) and now has sold ~1 million in US.

TJ Spyke

markatisu said:

Except PSP software in general did terrible in December. It would be like saying "this game was in the top 10 GBA games in December" (maybe not that bad, but you get my point).

jarrod

Banned
manueldelalas said:
If you count Zelda, you count Okami...
Though I tend to not like it as an absolute qualifier, generally dynamic stat based character growth tends to be what separates Action RPGs from similar Action Adventure games. Basically if your game uses "heart containers" (as Legend of Zelda, Alundra, Okami, Rocket Slime, LandStalker, Crusader of Centy, Shining Wisdom, Neutopia, Monster World and a whole host of other similar games do) then it's not actually an action RPG. The problem usually ends up being that RPG purists automatically oust Zelda from classification, then fail to oust all these other games that also fail to meet the same standard. Matters get made more confusing when games like Alundra or Neutopia are also misclassified as Action RPGs by their publishers for marketing reasons. This also happened with Majora's Mask btw, which Nintendo officially labeled an ARPG, meanwhile the one inarguably true ARPG in the series (Adventure of Link) was classed as an adventure game by them. :/

Super Paper Mario is a pure Action RPG though. Dragon Quest Swords is iffier imo, though Square Enix classifies it as one.

Spiegel

TJ Spyke said:
Except PSP software in general did terrible in December. It would be like saying "this game was in the top 10 GBA games in December" (maybe not that bad, but you get my point).

Well, the psp sold 3.7 million software units in december and has zero games in the top 20, so the last game in the top 10 must have sold at least 30/40k. If not, it's impossible that the numbers make sense.

Gta Vice/Liberty city stories selling at least 30k/40k after 2/3 years it's not bad.

[Nintex]

manueldelalas said:
The price Microsoft paid for them was just too high, I believe it was like 370 million dollars.
And to think that some people still wonder why we haven't heard anything from Tim and Chris Stamper since MS bought them out...:lol

Insane numbers for all systems.

I think i'll be buying a ps3 once it drops in price. I want a blueray player to go along with my wii.. If the xbox360 comes with a blueray add-on i think i'd get that however. I don't play games all that much anymore. 3-4 games a year on console i'll dedicate serious time to.

jrricky

Banned
Lord Error said:
Wow, how much do you think a game needs to sell to warrant a sequel based on sales? LBP must be around or over 1M worldwide, and while that probably isn't what Sony execs were imagining in their lucid dreams, it must be enough to turn a huge profit for a game made by a team of 20 people. On the other hand, I don't think sequel for LBP can easily be made, unless they can somehow figure out how to transfer existing user levels over. They are probably going to keep expanding it, but some kind of completely reworked sequel with different gameplay mechanics and rules, seems like a pretty bad idea.
What's the point of making sequels for these types of games? I always wondered why Rock Band got a sequel when it clearly wasnt necessary in the actually gameplay department when all it did was give more songs, plus some features which could have been an update.

DMeisterJ

Banned
On a completely unrelated note, I finally checked out the January 2008 NPD thread... Full of epic win. I'm so sad I missed that, but my stomach hurts from all the gifs and such.

Okay, carry on.

donny2112 said:
GameCube games routinely made the NPD Top 10.
I don't have full data, but I really, really doubt it was much different than PS3. With some quick googling I found the NPD top tens for launch month, Oct/Nov/Dec 2002, Jan-Apr and Nov of 03, and May/June of 04. In those 11 months, Gamecube had 7 instances of a game in the top 10 (.64 games per month). By comparison, in the 26 NPD months since launch, PS3 has had 22 instances of a game in the top 10 (.85 games per month).

Of course, maybe the months I'm missing show a completely different pattern. But I think the burden of proof is on you.

donny2112 said:
So games that sell a lot are a factor in which games appear on a "top sales" list? What an interesting revelation.
That's not what I meant at all. For any given performance level, however delineated, the higher the number of games available that month the less likely any of them will appear in the top ten. That's why I said one possible explanation for so few PS3 games in the list would be because there are simply too many to choose from versus the other platforms. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees this "explanation" is totally untrue, but it's a factor that had to be mentioned.

In general, there shouldn't have been anything surprising in what I said. I wasn't constructing an argument for how top ten lists should be, I was explaining how they are. PS3 games' intermittent appearance there isn't some special disease afflicting just that platform, or an indicator of an extraordinarily unhealthy publishing environment. It's just another way of stating how little hardware they've sold. The exact same pattern shows for hardware with similar sales, such as Gamecube and Xbox.

Simply by the way things work, our baseline expectation should be zero PS3 games in every monthly top ten, unless a) there's some high-profile huge release, or b) it's the only platform with medium-profile games releasing that month (since frontloading can overwhelm later months of high-profile games).

taconinja

I saw people mention Blu-ray several times, and it made me curious. I started poking around and it appears that Blu-ray did very well this holiday season. Here's an article discussing the sales figures. If I had to guess, I would say the many new, low-cost players coming out will make Sony rather happy as far as licensing fees go, but I don't think it's necessarily great news for hopes of using the PS3 as a vehicle. I will grant that the PS2 benefited from having a DVD player installed, but if the new players are under $200, which is quite possible, I don't know if the perceived value of the system will increase, especially considering the infatuation/love affair the public has with the Wii.

donny2112

Liabe Brave said:
I don't have full data, but I really, really doubt it was much different than PS3.

It wasn't. I have to admit that going back and looking at the data (thanks for prompting me to do that, btw), the GameCube cracked the Top 10 a lot less than I figured it did. It's games had pretty good LTD numbers, but it must've been due to a lot of legs. However, the point was that an install base difference doesn't prevent games from showing up in the Top 10 lists with the right releases.

Liabe Brave said:
Sony could have as many blockbuster games, a higher attach rate, and still not crack the sales charts due to the roughly 3:2:1 installed base advantage of Wii and 360.

Your investigation shows that not to be the case, as well.

Liabe Brave said:
That's not what I meant at all. For any given performance level, however delineated, the higher the number of games available that month the less likely any of them will appear in the top ten.

That makes a lot more sense than how I had interpreted what you said previously. :)

Liabe Brave said:
In general, there shouldn't have been anything surprising in what I said. I wasn't constructing an argument for how top ten lists should be, I was explaining how they are.

Legs and initial month sales are strongly affected by userbase. Tie ratio isn't a very strong factor (see: Monster Hunter Portable 2G in Japan or the two PSP games that charted this year in the U.S.). The number of games available that would perform at certain sales levels can push up the floor of the Top 10 making it harder to get into the Top 10, yes. However, all of that can be overcome by the right release (see: MGS4).

I wasn't trying to support RSTEIN's position that how many games for a system that rank for a particular month can determine health of a system for software, as rankings can be misleading (see: weekly Media-Create threads). I just didn't agree that whether a game makes the Top 10 or not is determined by just those three factors.

I was being nitpicky. :lol

Liabe Brave said:
Simply by the way things work, our baseline expectation should be zero PS3 games in every monthly top ten, unless a) there's some high-profile huge release, or b) it's the only platform with medium-profile games releasing that month (since frontloading can overwhelm later months of high-profile games).

Pretty much this, yes. :)

beef3483

manueldelalas said:
Well, this is the problem; people keep expecting Nintendo to downright copy genres, when they have never done that.

Look at Mario Kart, it is Nintendo's answer to racers, it doesn't have licensed cars and nothing similar to racers before it.
Now take a look at the Mother series, you can tell right away that it is very different from traditional RPGs, but it is the answer from Nintendo to the genre. Pokemon is another example of this, and again, it is radically different to RPGs. (also Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are examples of this).
Mario Party and Wario Ware are examples of Nintendo's take on mini games compilations.
Pikmin is Nintendo's take on RTSs.

There are many more examples.

The thing is that Metroid Prime is their answer to FPSs, it is just a different game; that is just the Nintendo way of doing things, and that is why they keep being the most innovative developer out there.

Ohh, I agree. I have never been an advocate of Nintendo just copying genres. I'd rather they invent them. Or make hybrids of them.

donny2112 said:
I wasn't trying to support RSTEIN's position that how many games for a system that rank for a particular month can determine health of a system for software, as rankings can be misleading (see: weekly Media-Create threads). I just didn't agree that whether a game makes the Top 10 or not is determined by just those three factors.

I was being nitpicky.
Not nitpicky, you saw a real problem with how I worded my post. I made it sound like there were only three factors affecting sales, and that installed base explained most if not all of the pattern. I'd said otherwise earlier in the thread, but I wasn't careful that time. Thanks for pointing out something that needed clarification.

And thanks too for the old NPD data source--I had to dig for scraps at random before.

donny2112

Fredescu said:
Why does that list list $175 for Wii Fit? That's not really the RRP is it?

Wii Fit should be $90. The Guitar Hero games are priced correctly, so I guess it was just an oversight for Wii Fit.

carlnunz

I think you can get a rough idea of sales of COD wii and Madden wii based off that top 10 chart:

Top 5 selling games including all skus show:

Madden 5.25 million
COD 4.63 Million

Xbox COD sales - 2.75
PS3 COD sales = 597k + 533k = 1.13

4.63-2.75-1.13 = 750,000

and Madden is a little harder, because we don't have the lifetime sales of the PS2 or PS3 versions but its worth giving it a try

XBOX lifetime: 1.87
PS3: 643,000 *1.87 = 1.20
PS2: 424,500 *1.87 = 793k

(this assumes the PS3 and PS2 saw the same growth the 360 version did, which was 1.87 times the first month sales, which I believe is generous)

5.25 - 1.87 - 1.20 - 793 = 1.387 Million

Obviously some of this is estimates, and other versions are included (though in both cases I expect the wii number to be the largest by far), but it's just meant to show there is room in those numbers for some serious wii sales.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
carlnunz said:
Obviously some of this is estimates, and other versions are included (though in both cases I expect the wii number to be the largest by far), but it's just meant to show there is room in those numbers for some serious wii sales.

I would imagine that at least Call of Duty would have pretty high sales on PC.

carlnunz

I mean if you look through the end of november it was revealed less than 200,000 copies had been sold worldwide of the wii, PC, and DS versions combined, so PC sales may not have been such a factor

Kenka

From the other thread we know that Prince of Persia sold approximately 250'000 units, so the entire top 10 on X360 sold more than this amount. As well, Shaun White and Call of Duty Wii also broke the mark

RBH said:
Top 20 Games of December 2008

1. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
2. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR* 360 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
3. WII FIT WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
4. MARIO KART WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
5. GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* WII ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
6. GEARS OF WAR 2* 360 MICROSOFT
7. LEFT 4 DEAD 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS
8. MARIO KART NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA
9. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
10. ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
11. WII MUSIC WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
12. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA
13. PERSONAL TRAINER: COOKING NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA
14. FALLOUT 3* 360 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
15. CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE NDS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
16. LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA
17. GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* PS2 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
18. MADDEN NFL 09* 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS
19. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR WII ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
20. SHAUN WHITE SNOWBOARDING: ROAD TRIP WII UBISOFT >250'000

Top 10 Xbox 360 Games

1. 360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
2. 360 GEARS OF WAR 2* MICROSOFT
3. 360 LEFT 4 DEAD ELECTRONIC ARTS
4. 360 FALLOUT 3* BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
5. 360 MADDEN NFL 09* ELECTRONIC ARTS
6. 360 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
7. 360 MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC UNIVERSE* MIDWAY
8. 360 ROCK BAND 2* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS
9. 360 FABLE II* MICROSOFT
10. 360 PRINCE OF PERSIA* UBISOFT ~250'000

Top 10 PlayStation 2 Games

1. PS2 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD >250'000
2. PS2 MADDEN NFL 09 ELECTRONIC ARTS
3. PS2 KINGDOM HEARTS RE: CHAIN OF MEMORIES SQUARE ENIX INC
4. PS2 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2009 THQ
5. PS2 ROCK BAND* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS
6. PS2 ACTION/ADVENTURE BUNDLE MULTIPLE VIDEO GAME MANUFACTURER
7. PS2 SONIC UNLEASHED SEGA OF AMERICA
8. PS2 LEGO BATMAN WARNER INTERACTIVE
9. PS2 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR FINAL FRONTS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
10. PS2 GUITAR HERO AEROSMITH* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Games

1. PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
2. PS3 MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC UNIVERSE* MIDWAY
3. PS3 LITTLE BIG PLANET SONY
4. PS3 PRINCE OF PERSIA* UBISOFT
5. PS3 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
6. PS3 RESISTANCE 2* SONY
7. PS3 MADDEN NFL 09* ELECTRONIC ARTS < 210'000
8. PS3 FALLOUT 3* BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
9. PS3 ROCK BAND 2* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS
10. PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER ELECTRONIC ARTS

Ydahs

Kenka said:
From the other thread we know that Prince of Persia sold approximately 250'000 units, so the entire top 10 on X360 sold more than this amount. As well, Shaun White and Call of Duty Wii also broke the mark
But is it 250k combined (PS360) or separate? Shaun White and CoD Wii selling over 250k is rather impressive, if correct. Shaun White is on its way to a million it seems.

So CoD Wii ended up selling over 250,000? That's impressive.

It and Shaun White will probably keep selling throughout the year, I imagine both will be able to hit a million easily.

botticus

Ydahs said:
But is it 250k combined (PS360) or separate? Shaun White and CoD Wii selling over 250k is rather impressive, if correct. Shaun White is on its way to a million it seems.
483k combined. Here's what I posted in that thread, if anyone cares to vet it.

Top 20 Games of December 2008

1. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 1.46 million
2. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR* 360 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 1.33 million
3. WII FIT WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 999k
4. MARIO KART WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 878k
5. GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* WII ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 859k
6. GEARS OF WAR 2* 360 MICROSOFT - 745k
7. LEFT 4 DEAD 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS - 629k
8. MARIO KART NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 540k
9. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 533k
10. ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 497k
11. WII MUSIC WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 487k
12. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
13. PERSONAL TRAINER: COOKING NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
14. FALLOUT 3* 360 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - 255k-487k
15. CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE NDS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS - 255k-487k
16. LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
17. GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* PS2 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 255k-487k
18. MADDEN NFL 09* 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS - 255k-487k
19. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR WII ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 255k-487k
20. SHAUN WHITE SNOWBOARDING: ROAD TRIP WII UBISOFT - 255k-487k

Top 10 Wii Games

1. WII WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 1.46 million
2. WII WII FIT NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 999k
3. WII MARIO KART NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 878k
4. WII GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 859k
5. WII ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK* NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 497k
6. WII WII MUSIC NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 487k
7. WII LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
8. WII CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 255k-487k
9. WII SHAUN WHITE SNOWBOARDING: ROAD TRIP UBISOFT - 255k-487k
10. WII NERF N STRIKE ELECTRONIC ARTS

Top 10 Xbox 360 Games

1. 360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 1.33 million
2. 360 GEARS OF WAR 2* MICROSOFT - 745k
3. 360 LEFT 4 DEAD ELECTRONIC ARTS - 629k
4. 360 FALLOUT 3* BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - 255k-487k
5. 360 MADDEN NFL 09* ELECTRONIC ARTS - 255k-487k
6. 360 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 228k-487k
7. 360 MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC UNIVERSE* MIDWAY - 228k-487k
8. 360 ROCK BAND 2* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS - 228k-487k
9. 360 FABLE II* MICROSOFT - 228k-487k
10. 360 PRINCE OF PERSIA* UBISOFT - 228k-270k

Top 10 PlayStation 2 Games

1. PS2 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 255k-487k
2. PS2 MADDEN NFL 09 ELECTRONIC ARTS
3. PS2 KINGDOM HEARTS RE: CHAIN OF MEMORIES SQUARE ENIX INC
4. PS2 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2009 THQ
5. PS2 ROCK BAND* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS
6. PS2 ACTION/ADVENTURE BUNDLE MULTIPLE VIDEO GAME MANUFACTURER
7. PS2 SONIC UNLEASHED SEGA OF AMERICA
8. PS2 LEGO BATMAN WARNER INTERACTIVE
9. PS2 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR FINAL FRONTS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
10. PS2 GUITAR HERO AEROSMITH* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Games

1. PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 533k
2. PS3 MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC UNIVERSE* MIDWAY - 255k-487k
3. PS3 LITTLE BIG PLANET SONY - 255k
4. PS3 PRINCE OF PERSIA* UBISOFT - 213k-255k
5. PS3 GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 213k-255k
6. PS3 RESISTANCE 2* SONY - 213k
7. PS3 MADDEN NFL 09* ELECTRONIC ARTS - < 213k
8. PS3 FALLOUT 3* BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - < 213k
9. PS3 ROCK BAND 2* MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS - < 213k
10. PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER ELECTRONIC ARTS - < 213k

Top 10 Nintendo DS Games

1. NDS MARIO KART NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 540k
2. NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
3. NDS PERSONAL TRAINER: COOKING NINTENDO OF AMERICA - 255k-487k
4. NDS CLUB PENGUIN: ELITE PENGUIN FORCE DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS - 255k-487k
5. NDS KIRBY SUPER STAR ULTRA NINTENDO OF AMERICA
6. NDS POKEMON RANGER: SHADOWS OF ALMIA NINTENDO OF AMERICA
7. NDS BRAIN AGE 2: MORE TRAINING IN MINUTES A DAY NINTENDO OF AMERICA
8. NDS MARIO PARTY NINTENDO OF AMERICA
9. NDS GUITAR HERO ON TOUR DECADES* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
10. NDS BRAIN AGE: TRAIN YOUR BRAIN IN MINUTES A DAY NINTENDO OF AMERICA

Top 10 PSP Games

1. PSP MADDEN NFL 09 ELECTRONIC ARTS
2. PSP WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2009 THQ
3. PSP LEGO BATMAN WARNER INTERACTIVE
4. PSP MIDNIGHT CLUB: LA REMIX TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
5. PSP STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED LUCASARTS
6. PSP IRON MAN SEGA OF AMERICA
7. PSP NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER ELECTRONIC ARTS
8. PSP NBA LIVE 09 ELECTRONIC ARTS
9. PSP GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. PSP GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE

markatisu

witness said:
Surprisingly nice numbers for CoD and Shaun White on Wii, what did they do in november?

Shaun White did 103k, CoD we have no idea

I think Shaun White Wii is now Ubisofts version of Tiger Woods (where the Wii version outsells the other platforms with ease)

Shalashaska said:
Why exactly are Nintendo thinking of bringing out the DSi so soon here?
Because they know American's will get all giggly about the photo morphing feature of the DSi...really, American's will go nuts with all the little fun stuff the DSi can do.

Also about the 360 sales... yeeeeesssssss Sirrrrrrrrrrrrr!! i was spot on with the 360 sales and oh..so much for all the hot headed, "cant be wrong" dorks in gaf shouting 360's core/arcade system being a tard pak rotf :lol

Vinci

Danish
Mr.Potato Head said:
Because they know American's will get all giggly about the photo morphing feature of the DSi...really, American's will go nuts with all the little fun stuff the DSi can do.

This is a gut feeling, but I don't feel the DSi is going to excel as well in the States as it did in Japan. It feels like something far more attuned to the culture over there. Obviously, we'll see in the end, not that the DS can do much better than it's already doing at this juncture.

jarrod

Banned
Vinci said:
This is a gut feeling, but I don't feel the DSi is going to excel as well in the States as it did in Japan. It feels like something far more attuned to the culture over there. Obviously, we'll see in the end, not that the DS can do much better than it's already doing at this juncture.
I dunno, it really seems like the Wii's non-gaming channels and features got good response over in the west. I remember lots of coverage when the Opera, Weather and News channels hit. Miis are especially popular, and the DSi's camera and memory features also feature similar game like integration.

Actually, I sort of wonder what the first DSi game to do custom soundtracks will be? :lol

Vinci

Danish
jarrod said:
I dunno, it really seems like the Wii's non-gaming channels and features got good response over in the west. I remember lots of coverage when the Opera, Weather and News channels hit. Miis are especially popular, and the DSi's camera and memory features also feature similar game like integration.

Actually, I sort of wonder what the first DSi game to do custom soundtracks will be? :lol

Just seems like a lot of this will be considered 'part of the Wii' and people won't anticipate it as highly coming from the DS, which they see as a more traditional piece of gaming equipment. It's hard to say why I don't think it'll hit as well over here, I just don't.

Seeing Guitar Hero for Wii in the top 10? Excellent
Seeing Guitar Hero for PS2 in the top 20? Wonderful.

Having no version of Rock Band chart? Priceless.

Harmonix, Hell hath no fury like that of a Wii and PS2 owner.

Top Bottom