• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2015

Wow, Splatoon launched literally at the end of the month and still broke into the top 5. Next month's gonna be really interesting.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Should we be worried about those year-over-year numbers for the industry?

AdanVC

*Goes into thread really fast* *Looks for Splatoon in the charts* *Appears and it's in #5th place* *Hope in gaming humanity restored*

Fuck yeah Splatoon in 5th place and with only a few days!! SO HAPPY FOR THAT!! AHHH.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
“Xbox One and Xbox Live continue to see strong growth in sales and engagement. Xbox One sales in the U.S. were up 81 percent over May 2014 and active global Xbox Live members, Xbox One and Xbox 360, were up 20 percent,” a Microsoft spokesperson said. “We are grateful to our fans for choosing Xbox One and for making Xbox Live the fun and vibrant community that is. We can’t wait to share more on the greatest games lineup in Xbox history at E3 next week.”

LH1iJEU.gif

Boke1879

Great job, Splatoon!

PS4 back on top.

Witcher 3 selling more on PS4, despite the marketing deal with Microsoft? Sounds like things are back to normal.

It's crazy. I really didn't see any advertisement seeing as MS had the rights. They had a bundle in the UK I think but it even sold more on PS4 there.

I'm interested to see the split.

OfficerZap

Neo Member
Good job PS4.

Would be interesting to see WiiU hardware growth over the two months. Are people getting inked new, or existing?

bigkrev

I'm....surprised that Splatoon is that low. Based on how well it sold the first few days in Japan, and the fact that Nintendo smartly put it out the same day there would be dozens of Nintendo fans lining up outside retail stores for Amiibos, I thought it would have had a shot at being as high as 2 (behind The Witcher). Nintendo is pretty good about giving numbers out, will be curious to see how it did.

dakun

Wow, Splatoon launched literally at the end of the month and still broke into the top 5. Next month's gonna be really interesting.

it would be lucky to chart in my opinion. that would be huge.

But Nintendo will be happy with the success for sure. It's a fun game that deserves it.

Toki767

I'm....surprised that Splatoon is that low. Based on how well it sold the first few days in Japan, and the fact that Nintendo smartly put it out the same day there would be dozens of Nintendo fans lining up outside retail stores for Amiibos, I thought it would have had a shot at being as high as 2 (behind The Witcher). Nintendo is pretty good about giving numbers out, will be curious to see how it did.

3 days of sales.

RdN

Splatoon did VERY well, considering it was in the market for such a short period! Congrats to Nintendo!

Top Bottom