• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2011 NPD Predictions - closes November 7

LOCK

eastmen said:
the game came out the 25th and this goes through the 29th so you get 4 days of numbers
Ok I was thinking it came out on the 29th....I don't have the game yet.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
[360] 350K
[3DS] 200K
[NDS] 125K
[PS3] 300K
[WII] 225K

Almost forgot. Seems really early for some reason.

jvm

Gamasutra.
FYI:
NPD Group said:
Please be aware that the October 2011 Video Games Retail Tracking data which was scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, November 10, has been delayed and will now be delivered to press on Friday, November 11 at 6:30 PM (eastern). We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Erethian said:
I see Pachter missed those Wii sales details Iwata shared in the investor Q&A too.

Pachter misses a lot of things...and predictions are only the top of his misses! :p

EDIT: Ah, one day delay? Ok.

LOCK

CaptainABAB said:
What did he share?
The Wii is up YOY for the first three weeks. The report was in the last week of October, so October 2011 is obviously up YOY compared to 2010.

Erethian

LOCK said:
The Wii is up YOY for the first three weeks. The report was in the last week of October, so October 2011 is obviously up YOY compared to 2010.

Yeah. And the Wii did 232k in October 2010.

So to be consistent with Pachter's prediction as well as what Iwata said, the Wii would have had to sell almost 0 units in the fourth week of October.

Erethian said:
Yeah. And the Wii did 232k in October 2010.

So to be consistent with Pachter's prediction as well as what Iwata said, the Wii would have had to sell almost 0 units in the fourth week of October.

For pachter to be correct the wii would have to sell -50k in the last week. I guess its possible for 50k people to return their wiis.

Leon S. Kennedy said:
For pachter to be correct the wii would have to sell -50k in the last week. I guess its possible for 50k people to return their wiis.
First 3 weeks is greater than the first 3 weeks of last October.

Not first 3 weeks is greater than all of last October

Meier

Some notes from Nintendo's October NPD press release:

Nintendo 3DS Poised to Surpass First-Year Sales of Nintendo DS

In its eighth month on the market, the Nintendo 3DS™ system crossed 1.65 million units sold in the U.S., according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. This milestone puts the platform on track to surpass the first-year total of Nintendo DS™, the best-selling game platform in U.S. history.

The Nintendo DS system sold 2.37 million units in its first 12 months (November 2004-October 2005), with approximately 50 percent of those sales occurring in the holiday time frame. With its first holiday season and the launches of the Super Mario 3D Land™ and Mario Kart™ 7 games on the horizon, Nintendo 3DS is poised to eclipse that number and establish a new benchmark for hand-held gaming launches in the United States.

• Nintendo sold more than 675,000 combined hardware units in October. This includes more than 250,000 units of Nintendo 3DS, nearly 250,000 Wii™ systems and nearly 180,000 units of the Nintendo DS family of systems.
  • For the year, Nintendo has sold a combined 7 million hardware units and more than 55 million units of software have been sold for Nintendo platforms. Both of these numbers should increase with the Nov. 20 launch of The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword for Wii.
  • Both Wii, up 8 percent year over year, and Nintendo DS, up 23 percent over the previous month, demonstrated strong momentum heading into their respective sixth and eighth holiday seasons. In total, the two platforms have sold more than 87 million combined hardware units and more than 540 million combined units of software in the United States.

Road

This delay confused everyone.

MS is still not boasting about being no. 1 and Nintendo put their PR one hour earlier.

UberTag

Danny 117 said:
Nope. They're out at 6.30 EST
Any reason they're coming out on a Friday this month instead of the standard Thursday? (Reads up... ah, I guess one wasn't provided.)

Conspiracy theorist says they delayed it because it's going to be a bad month and it's always best to release bad news after the business week is over on the east coast.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Road said:
This delay confused everyone.

MS is still not boasting about being no. 1 and Nintendo put their PR one hour earlier.
Maybe PS3 is #1 this month.

Top Bottom