• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Peavy is also 7-1 lifetime against the Dodgers, so for that to happen, the visitors will need to pick it up in a big way. They'll need more than the 1-for-8 they got from Juan Pierre and Rafael Furcal at the top of the batting order, prompting Little to concede he was "close" to shaking up the lineup.

"I keep having confidence that they can get it going," he said, "but at the same time, we're not in position where we repeat things that constantly aren't working for us. We may have to do some juggling."

Where is the get a brain morans picture when you need it. Little needs to quit dicking around and force Furcal to the D.L. now before he goes and injures it even more. Unless it's already to late and the Dodgers are screwed.

The power loss for shortstop Rafael Furcal is more easily explained, but striking nonetheless. He slugged 15 last year as the leadoff hitter, and was even being considered to bat third after the acquisition of Juan Pierre and before the signing of Luis Gonzalez.

But Furcal, who has never hit fewer than four home runs in seven previous seasons and has averaged 14 over his last four seasons, has none this year. His slugging percentage of .364 is down from a career-high .445 last year and .415 for his career. The reason is clear.

"My ankle," Furcal said, referring to the left ankle he sprained in Spring Training and aggravated during a rundown play Saturday night. "Sometimes it hurts a little and I don't stay back on it [batting left-handed]. What can I do?"

The answer, says Furcal, is to play hurt, because the alternative -- to not play -- is unacceptable to a gamer who has averaged 153 games over the last five seasons.

As might be expected with an ankle injury that cost him the first eight games of the season on the disabled list, Furcal's stolen base totals are also down. He has six, but only one since May 13. He had 12 at this time a year ago.

Disgusting...

Karakand

rc213 said:
Where is the get a brain morans picture when you need it. Little needs to quit dicking around and force Furcal to the D.L. now before he goes and injures it even more. Unless it's already to late and the Dodgers are screwed.

Para mi angeleno amigo.

4opgkt5.jpg

Mifune said:
Billy's first blown save since August 1st of last year. Eh, what can you do.
Exactly. Usually I'd be a bit more animated in my post afterward, but I can't get too mad at Wagner, even though he threw that 3-2 fastball right down the middle.

ToxicAdam

The White Sox are embarassing. They are destined to finish in last place this year .. the Royals actually have better pitching and more speed.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
ToxicAdam said:
The White Sox are embarassing.

What makes it awful is it's not like we have a line-up of scrubs. Thome, Dye, Konerko, Iguchi, Pierzynski, Crede....these are all solid to great hitters. I have no idea what the **** happened to all of them.

ToxicAdam said:
the Royals actually have better pitching and more speed.

Even with our horrendous bullpen we still have a better team ERA than the Royals. Our starting pitching is the 4th best in baseball. I still say we have the edge in pitching.

ToxicAdam

Eminem said:
Even with our horrendous bullpen we still have a better team ERA than the Royals. Our starting pitching is the 4th best in baseball. I still say we have the edge in pitching.

Well, you still have a decent 1-2-3 for starters (better than KC) ... but I was speaking more on the Royal bullpen, which is pretty fantastic for a last place team.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
ToxicAdam said:
Well, you still have a decent 1-2-3 for starters

We have a solid 1-5. The highest ERA in our rotation is like 4.31. Danks has been an excellent fifth starter for us this year, and he's only 22 years old.

And holy shit, hitting and we're now into the Yankee pen

Welp, that turned out well. Torre's hook is ridiculously fast. Like Kev said...79 pitches??? At that point, there's almost no shot of the White Sox not scoring at least one run.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Torre just needs to go and I'm tired of people saying, "Bubububbu he won so many games before and he never got any credit when he won."

STFU, he won like three manager of the year awards. He's goddamn awful with the bullpen, who are already awful and overworked.

And you bring in Mike Myers, who can't do the one job he's supposed to?

AND YOU BRING IN SCOTT PROCTOR?

Mike Myers
vs. Left .333
vs. Right .170

Tamanon

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Torre just needs to go and I'm tired of people saying, "Bubububbu he won so many games before and he never got any credit when he won."

STFU, he won like three manager of the year awards. He's goddamn awful with the bullpen, who are already awful and overworked.

And you bring in Mike Myers, who can't do the one job he's supposed to?

AND YOU BRING IN SCOTT PROCTOR?

Up 1-0 is the perfect time for the bullpen to get some work in!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Matt Thornton's pitch selection:

fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball
fastball