• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Tournament II: M. Night Style!

matchups are in. all i did was write all the teams on a piece of paper and draw them out of a hat. the team i drew in my left hand plays @ the team i drew in my right hand. and no i didn't rig anything!

1. Bears @ Ravens
2. Jets @ 49ers
3. Cowboys @ Eagles
4. Redskins @ Texans
5. Colts @ Falcons
6. Steelers @ Cards
7. Saints @ Vikings
8. Giants @ Raiders

Somnia

GG DCX. 34-31 Cowboys in OT. DCX 100% deserved to win that game though. I really need to calm down with Romo in the pocket (6 INTs)...then again I guess I was playing like the real Romo out there :lol

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
GG DCX. 34-31 Cowboys in OT. DCX 100% deserved to win that game though. I really need to calm down with Romo in the pocket (6 INTs)...then again I guess I was playing like the real Romo out there :lol
Fuck you Madden...seriously...how does this shit happen...wow...i have no words...i'm done til the off season fuck today.

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
saints 34 vikes 31

holy shit dmc i thought for sure you favred me at the end of the game.

goddamn i love zero turnover games win or lose

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
well gg anyway. :/ i'm looking at the highlights and i only see like two completions to the flats, the biggest one going for ten yards. maybe i missed one but i thought i distributed pretty well, four receivers with >5 catches. ah well.

edit: i do see a nice chester taylor 50 yd td pass to the flats though. totally agree with you man

DMczaf

I have no problem with people throwing to the flat a lot....if my guys would actually stay in their flat zones. Like on one of the final plays of the game, Shockey goes to the flat where I should have at least 2 guys waiting for him or the ball, but because theres a WR near them they all focus on the WR first and then react when you pass to Shockey. Instead of a quick tackle for a gain of little or a pass deflection, it ends up being like a 7 yard play setting up an easy TD.

There was another play just like this with Bush earlier, he ran to the flat and my DB was suppose to stay there and sit in the flat, instead he starts following the WR for 2 secs and I have to act quick and switch to a safety to stop Bush from turning it into a TD.

I really hope Patch 2 gets here before Season 2.

DMczaf

That was a screen play where I had a wall of blockers vs your secondary :p

I wish I had Berrian on the Bucs....and Rice.....and AD....and Favvvvv...NO! FREEMAN!

9-7 with JFree in his 1st season. I will rebuild the Bucs! That's my only goal in life.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
But screen plays are thrown to the flat!

I have no problem with people throwing to the flat a lot....if my guys would actually stay in their flat zones. Like on one of the final plays of the game, Shockey goes to the flat where I should have at least 2 guys waiting for him or the ball, but because theres a WR near them they all focus on the WR first and then react when you pass to Shockey. Instead of a quick tackle for a gain of little or a pass deflection, it ends up being like a 7 yard play setting up an easy TD.
That actually wasn't a flat pass, that was an out 5 yds past the LOS or so and Shockey was sprinting for the sidelines since I had no timeouts at that point. He didn't even make it but luckily he got 7 yds on the play.

I'd upload some of these plays but god these angles are fucking terrible it's basically QB then you see the guy catching it. Or in the case of the big Berrian TD you just see him catching it.

/michael scott it's aaaall gooooood

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Livewire, when do you want to play?

DMczaf

He still would have had 2 guys on that side of the field if they were in their zone, instead Shockey has a wide open right side of the field with no threat of INT or pass deflection. Ian has said they are toning this down, but Ian also said the Patch hasn't even been submitted...bah.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i dunno man i kinda hate this shit. now i feel cheap and i definitely won't even want to throw to anything in the flat or within 5 yards of the LOS next game. not to mention i can't even feel like i got a legit win after getting my ass beat like 120-3 in my last three league games

just get someone to take over the saints or start over and give dmc a replay i'm sure i'm too much of a noob to know what i should and shouldn't be doing in terms of cheapness or whatever

DMczaf

WTF, I'm not asking for a replay. You beat me. I would have passed to those players as well, they were open. It's just frustrating when I can't stop Brees, and then I finally call the correct play and it doesn't work because of weak zone defense decisions (which is weird because I haven't seen this with the 67 rated Bucs, and if it did happen I just didn't notice it)

Oh well, it was worth it to play with an actual offense for 1 game. It was weird as well when I would throw a deep pass....and the WR would actually react to the ball in the air. Like a real WR! :O

*kicks Antonio Bryant*

1. Bears @ Ravens
2. Jets (38) @ 49ers (14)
3. Cowboys (34) @ Eagles (31)

4. Redskins @ Texans
5. Colts @ Falcons
6. Steelers @ Cards
7. Saints (34) @ Vikings (31)
8. Giants @ Raiders

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez! when do you want to play!

I'm free at 2 EST today, latest I could play is 3 EST...have plans for the rest of the night. So come get your first Madden 10 beatdown!

Mrbob

Striker said:
We meet again! :lol

I saw a movie, sorry about not being here earlier. Can you play tomorrow before 6 PM EST?

Sorry dude not home right now. :(

We might have to shoot to play tomorrow after the Bears/Bengals game.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
Livewire, when do you want to play?

Matrix, I'm free all day today. Going to scrimmage Wellington now, I'll stay online afterwards (around 1PM Eastern) for you if you end up reading this in the next hour...otherwise just PM me or AIM (Atreides815) whenever you wanna play.

Ramirez said:
I'm free at 2 EST today, latest I could play is 3 EST...have plans for the rest of the night. So come get your first Madden 10 beatdown!

drats, i have a wedding to go to today at about 10:30 am pst.

i'll be up late tonight but if you aren't going to be around then we'd have to play tomorrow.... either before or after the football games!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
drats, i have a wedding to go to today at about 10:30 am pst.

i'll be up late tonight but if you aren't going to be around then we'd have to play tomorrow.... either before or after the football games!

Definitely after...I think this might be the first time we've played in like 3-4+ seasons and it's with our non real teams. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just won my matchup with Sable. Who do I play now!!!

Score was 31-24 btw.

Texan defenders stand there like slack jawed idiots when the ball comes there way.

I'm not sure if this is the glitch I just experienced in the tournament, but just figured I'd let everyone know not to set your #2 cb to cover the #1 wr cause it will cause the #2 wr to always be wide open. just had that happen to me against wellington in the tourney and boy did he take advantage.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Texan defenders stand there like slack jawed idiots when the ball comes there way.

Yep and if you are off at all on O forget about winning.

Livewire, sent you a pm.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
I'm not sure if this is the glitch I just experienced in the tournament, but just figured I'd let everyone know not to set your #2 cb to cover the #1 wr cause it will cause the #2 wr to always be wide open. just had that happen to me against wellington in the tourney and boy did he take advantage.
That's not always the case. Yesterday I played DCX and had set the #1 to cover Jackson but Maclin was open all game.

Further, let's be clear, that's not the only reason I won. I threw to him three times when I noticed he was uncovered. One went for a long TD, another was incomplete, and the third was a 20 yard pass. He caught five passes in the game. One was over the middle on my last drive, he was covered. Another was on the outside, Rodgers tipped it to him. The third was on a slant in which you ran a zone coverage.

Top Bottom